CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   ZL1 1LE - Day 1, Complaints (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541084)

angryBits 10-22-2018 11:51 PM

ZL1 1LE - Day 1, Complaints

It's hard not to say "NONE" but yes there are a couple things that bug me already.

#0 - Zero because I knew this going into the purchase. Wow is it bumpy! It's fun most of the time but sometimes a good bump will lift me right out of my seat. Considering a 5 point harness (for a street car! HAHAHA. No seriously).

#1 When I lower my right arm down to prepare for a shift, I often hit the traction control or driving mode switch. I don't realize it until some time later. I've since set my car to change interior lighting color to match the driving mode. This helps to alert me that I've inadvertently bumped the driving mode, but not the traction control. It's annoying, is there an aftermarket switch cover?

#2 One considerable reason I switched from a Z06 to a ZL1 was so my 2 year old daughter could come along but her car seat BARELY fits and when it does it blocks part of my rear view mirror.

#3 Why no front bumper camera like the Z06 ? I'm reintroducing the habit to back into parking spaces but its not always convenient.

#4 The top of the line camaro should have been given fancy fender vents like the Z06 or the GT350. IMO that area on the ZL1 is kind of bare.

#5 Rear seat doesn't fold down on the ZL1 1LE :( Not true

Having said that -- all things considered I enjoy this car more than my 2017 Z06 w/ Z07

Gunkk 10-23-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryBits (Post 10343960)
#5 Rear seat doesn't fold down on the ZL1 1LE :(

Yes it does... just not the way you expected.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527575

ninetres 10-23-2018 12:21 AM

#4 is a good pint i haven’t seen mentioned. Kinda plain there IMO too.

Joshinator99 10-23-2018 04:33 AM

I’m definitely with you on #3! I end up parking 3 feet away from everything I pull up to without a front camera, or at least some parking sensors.

Xeno13 10-23-2018 05:30 AM

I agree with #4 also - looks like it needs something there - i was thinking of placing a black american flag there to break it up

Raven87 10-23-2018 05:58 AM

Having had a '15 Z/28 with the DSSVs, I can understand your #0 comment about the 'firm' ride. DSSVs are definitely serious about keeping the car planted.

But I must admit that, while at first it took some time getting used to, I really grew to enjoy it as long as I was able to spot any large pavement deviation before I got to it.

Congrats on your 1LE.

Vtor_ZL1 10-23-2018 06:32 AM

#0 for truth.

Much easier on spine on PS4S tires.

hawk02 10-23-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninetres (Post 10343964)
#4 is a good pint i haven’t seen mentioned. Kinda plain there IMO too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeno13 (Post 10344005)
I agree with #4 also - looks like it needs something there - i was thinking of placing a black american flag there to break it up

Personally, I like the "bare" look of the ZL1 fender. So glad the little Camaro badge was left off. It gives the lines of the car a cleaner appearance, IMO.

Lethal Z 10-23-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryBits (Post 10343960)
It's hard not to say "NONE" but yes there are a couple things that bug me already.

#0 - Zero because I knew this going into the purchase. Wow is it bumpy! It's fun most of the time but sometimes a good bump will lift me right out of my seat. Considering a 5 point harness (for a street car! HAHAHA. No seriously).

#1 When I lower my right arm down to prepare for a shift, I often hit the traction control or driving mode switch. I don't realize it until some time later. I've since set my car to change interior lighting color to match the driving mode. This helps to alert me that I've inadvertently bumped the driving mode, but not the traction control. It's annoying, is there an aftermarket switch cover?

#2 One considerable reason I switched from a Z06 to a ZL1 was so my 2 year old daughter could come along but her car seat BARELY fits and when it does it blocks part of my rear view mirror.

#3 Why no front bumper camera like the Z06 ? I'm reintroducing the habit to back into parking spaces but its not always convenient.

#4 The top of the line camaro should have been given fancy fender vents like the Z06 or the GT350. IMO that area on the ZL1 is kind of bare.

#5 Rear seat doesn't fold down on the ZL1 1LE :(

Having said that -- all things considered I enjoy this car more than my 2017 Z06 w/ Z07

I've made the ZL1/Vette switch a few times myself and I love my ZL1 1LE more than the others too.

The ride is harsh, but it's the nature of the beast, so I embrace it. The other day I took the 1LE for a cruise and then immediately jumped into my GT350 for a second ride and I felt like I was driving in a caddy it was so smooth, made me laugh.

Others have complained about hitting the mode button with their arm/elbow. Must be a height thing. I'm 5 8" and it's never been an issue.

I can't think of any racecars that have a decent back seat, again, nature of the beast.

I like the clean lines of the body as is. The 1LE has plenty of distinctive and specific items that make it one of the most individual cars out there IMO.

As others have noted, the rear seat does fold down, you just need to do it manually by lifting up the latch cover and release from the trunk area.

Congrats and enjoy! :headbang:

Agent K 10-23-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 10344076)
Personally, I like the "bare" look of the ZL1 fender. So glad the little Camaro badge was left off. It gives the lines of the car a cleaner appearance, IMO.

+1

mlee 10-23-2018 10:19 AM

Most of this applies to any 6th Gen except #0 and maybe #5, but that's just a reminder this is a track car. I don't feel it rides that bad at all, especially with all the creature comforts like seats that auto heat/cool on the 19's

angryBits 10-23-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10343961)
Yes it does... just not the way you expected.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527575

Well how about that! Thanks this is great news!

Squatch 10-23-2018 10:24 AM

I wish it had the vents behind the front tire also. I wonder why it was left out seems like it would be very functional thing for letting air out of the engine compartment (much like the hood vent/extractor)

nicktechla 10-23-2018 02:32 PM

for #5, didn't someone find out that all the fold down mechanics were in the seat, they just didn't include a pull handle or something?