CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Wicked SS - WIndrestrictor (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547798)

Drsagacity 02-08-2019 11:09 PM

Wicked SS - WIndrestrictor

2 Attachment(s)
I just got my Wicked SS windrestrictor. I am hoping to get it installed and have some pictures for you.

It's awesome looking. My setup says "Wicked SS" and it will light up red...

Will update with pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately, it's too cold to see how it works. . .but as soon as I get some warmer days, I will get it out and give you guys some feedback.

It’s too cold to try and use the tape and stick to the car...here’s a picture wirh the light on...can’t wait until top down fun. Sorry for the crappy picture. If I get a warm day this week will get it mounted.

Attachment 974514

HogmanZL1 02-09-2019 06:33 PM

I was looking at those recently on their website. looks great. look forward to the installed pics.

Bigdog9586 02-10-2019 07:09 AM

Link to the website please

Gunkk 02-10-2019 07:25 AM

found this via google...

https://www.windrestrictor.com//cama...-licensed.html

Drsagacity 02-10-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10433273)

:thanks: I should have posted the link.

Driski 02-10-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drsagacity (Post 10433339)
:thanks: I should have posted the link.

Looks awesome! Do you really think that thing will stay intact since it is only double sided tape holing it down? Especially since you have 2000 HP!!!:noidea:

Drsagacity 02-10-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driski (Post 10433520)
Looks awesome! Do you really think that thing will stay intact since it is only double sided tape holing it down? Especially since you have 2000 HP!!!:noidea:

Very good question. I was thinking that I might find a way to anchor in addition to the tape, but I will know more after I get it installed. My guess is that it really doesn't take the direct flow of wind, but more the buffeting that happens with wind flowing over the windshield.

nelsont 02-11-2019 03:23 PM

Have one for my Hotwheels SS, in hibernation so might be awhile before install.

Tim

Walkure 02-12-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drsagacity (Post 10433570)
Very good question. I was thinking that I might find a way to anchor in addition to the tape, but I will know more after I get it installed. My guess is that it really doesn't take the direct flow of wind, but more the buffeting that happens with wind flowing over the windshield.

I would think it's just taking the amount of wind that would otherwise be hitting you in the back of the head. Which isn't going to be enough to make the restrictor come loose. I watched their 6Gen install video and it's a lot of tape being used. It looks pretty sturdy to me.

OP - thanks for posting this. Now I need to get one for myself. It will have to be custom. I just haven't figured out what yet.

nelsont 02-13-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drsagacity (Post 10432575)
I just got my Wicked SS windrestrictor. I am hoping to get it installed and have some pictures for you.

It's awesome looking. My setup says "Wicked SS" and it will light up red...

Will update with pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately, it's too cold to see how it works. . .but as soon as I get some warmer days, I will get it out and give you guys some feedback.

It’s too cold to try and use the tape and stick to the car...here’s a picture wirh the light on...can’t wait until top down fun. Sorry for the crappy picture. If I get a warm day this week will get it mounted.

Attachment 974514

Did you or are you going to hardwire the thing or going to use the powerpack?

Tim

2SSVERT 02-18-2019 07:25 PM

I've had mine up to about 140 with no problems, makes the interior a lot quieter and less turbulent. You can carry on a conversation at hiway speeds without shouting.

Walkure 02-19-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsont (Post 10436247)
Did you or are you going to hardwire the thing or going to use the powerpack?

Tim

I watched their install video. Hardwiring looks pretty straightforward so that is what I will do. The only reason I would consider the powerpack is if I only intended to light it up at a car show or for short periods of time.

Drsagacity 02-23-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkure (Post 10441126)
I watched their install video. Hardwiring looks pretty straightforward so that is what I will do. The only reason I would consider the powerpack is if I only intended to light it up at a car show or for short periods of time.

Yeah...I doubt I will ever light it up. I can’t imagine driving with it lit up...so then what, light it up to park? For me, lighting it up was a novelty, but thought it would make for some cool pictures.

ucbrcts 03-18-2019 07:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Haven’t had a chance to get it out on the road with the top down. I’m curious if anyone has tried to connect it to the cars controller and have it match the interior.