CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Gloss Black Front Splitter on MBM Camaro SS? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499951)

Cazerox 06-29-2017 10:20 AM

Gloss Black Front Splitter on MBM Camaro SS?

I tried searching for a MBM Splitter Through some of the known GM parts websites like ThatGMPartsGuy and few others, but they do not ship to the country i live in, and my only option now is to get a Gloss Black Splitter

do you guys think it will look good on a Mosaic Black Camaro?

i know Black is perfect for every other color but when 2 different types of black paint are used together idk... I'm currently looking at the ACS 1LE Splitter basically looks like the normal Front Fascia Extension.

:confused:

RayJay75 06-29-2017 01:58 PM

think it would stick out you can see the difference up close and mosiac more like a blackish grey look compared to gloss black camaro if you wash mosaic camaro and gloss black camaro you will see the difference

burnningice 06-30-2017 09:57 PM

I was in the same boat and decided to have mine painted MBM. I don't know if you'd notice unless you were looking for the difference. If you had standard black side skirts it would blend in with them.

burnningice 06-30-2017 09:58 PM

Do you have the option of satin black? That would be nice and almost look factory. It is a easy section of the car to get rock scratches.

Cazerox 07-01-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnningice (Post 9798087)
Do you have the option of satin black? That would be nice and almost look factory. It is a easy section of the car to get rock scratches.

I don't know why I haven't thought of this 😂😂 it would even match my Low-gloss (satin) wheels & bowties

I will probably just get the Gloss Black 1LE Splitter since it's cheap and plastidip in Satin Black

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Cazerox 07-01-2017 06:36 AM

Still I'm not sure but my options are now

Satin or Mosaic Black =/

TheMaGikDucK 07-01-2017 10:39 AM

I have MBM, and wrapped a front lip gloss black. Can barely tell when up close. For reference, your hood vents are just black, they're not even MBM.

Glen e 07-01-2017 10:42 AM

Gloss is fine on splitter, but it needs to match other items, like the rear diffuser and spoiler.

Cazerox 07-01-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMaGikDucK (Post 9798534)
I have MBM, and wrapped a front lip gloss black. Can barely tell when up close. For reference, your hood vents are just black, they're not even MBM.

Please post some photos if you can, because when I try searching all I find is the 1LE or a matte black splitter

Mlbraptor 07-03-2017 09:36 PM

Yes, some pics would be nice. Thanks

brihorse 07-05-2017 08:07 AM

I had my matte black 1LE front splitter (got a good deal on it) wrapped in Xpel paint protection film and it turned it gloss black. I did not have to have it painted and it gave it protection from chips and made it easier to clean the bugs off.