CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   2019 ZL1 dash light lit up like a Christmas tree systems failure - HELP (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560375)

EastCoast_ZL1 08-15-2019 09:52 PM

2019 ZL1 dash light lit up like a Christmas tree systems failure - HELP

Hey guys,

I would have searched for this one but don't even know where to start. So I've been modding the car all week, new steering wheel, and cat back exhaust (these are the only mods that I've done that I think could have anything to do with it.

Tonight I'm cruising down the road just a regular speed and all the lights on the dash start flashing, lights blinking on and off every system failure you can think of going off on the dash headlights flashing off and on and the gauges are not moving even though the car is still running.

My question is, I installed the Corsa cat back exhaust tonight and everything has been working fine before this. Is it possible the muffler being pushed up close against the trunk is generating too much heat and frying my ECU in the trunk? It's the only thing I can think of that's happening that could affect that many systems at once.

The car only has 1700kms on it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ZL1 affair 08-15-2019 11:25 PM

Possibly a ground wire. Did you remove any and forget to hook it back up?

Gunkk 08-16-2019 05:37 AM

Look for a spark plug wire on the header. Grounding out a spark can wreak havoc all through the car.

Don't forget to pull codes.

Also, pics or it didn't happen (the mods, not the idiot lights)!

EastCoast_ZL1 08-16-2019 06:43 AM

@eastcoast_zl1 on Instagram would be the easiest way! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10597609)
Look for a spark plug wire on the header. Grounding out a spark can wreak havoc all through the car.

Don't forget to pull codes.

Also, pics or it didn't happen (the mods, not the idiot lights)!

EastCoast_ZL1 08-16-2019 06:45 AM

I removed the ground on the battery when I replaced the steering wheel but checked and it seemed secure.

Negative terminal was off all night because even turning off the car and locking the door didn't kill the power to everything....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 affair (Post 10597546)
Possibly a ground wire. Did you remove any and forget to hook it back up?

TheRealJA105 08-16-2019 07:14 AM

Did you put on larger rear tires? Might have worn through the wire harness in the driver fender.

tstodii 08-16-2019 09:02 AM

Did you check the actual battery? Newer cars are known to do exactly what you are describing when the battery gets drained. Normally it's right after starting the vehicle, but I would def. check battery/cables.

Next, I'd check the new steering wheel and it's harness to make sure you didn't pinch any wires. They could be grounding out, or two wires touching another.

Electrical issues suck, so good luck!

EastCoast_ZL1 08-16-2019 11:27 PM

It was fine all day but once the headlights got turned on all hell broke loose again. It's at the dealership right now for diagnostics.

Sounds like a ground or battery issue. Too much going on to be anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstodii (Post 10597758)
Did you check the actual battery? Newer cars are known to do exactly what you are describing when the battery gets drained. Normally it's right after starting the vehicle, but I would def. check battery/cables.

Next, I'd check the new steering wheel and it's harness to make sure you didn't pinch any wires. They could be grounding out, or two wires touching another.

Electrical issues suck, so good luck!