CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Anyone running "Triple X" Heat Exchangers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538994)

Sooner Cole 09-19-2018 03:12 PM

Anyone running "Triple X" Heat Exchangers

Like the question says, anyone using this system and have any thoughts? I mostly run the ZL1LE on a road course. I am looking at doing some mods and the builder recommended this set up. Thoughts?

Chris V 09-19-2018 05:13 PM

Curious as well.

What kind of temps are you seeing (oil and coolant) on your car on track?

Badmojo 09-19-2018 05:55 PM

sub'ed

Intimidator 09-19-2018 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Weapon-X just posted this on FB and IG.
You were destined to get these!!!lol

Juiced1 09-19-2018 07:37 PM

We deal with Weapon X and these are very effective. I don't have any road testing with them but I can attest to the cooling capabilities. A pullied LT4 usually takes hours to cool down between dyno pulls. With this heat exchanger we can really speed up the tuning process. If you guys need one contact us (forum sponsor) and we can sell you one or even install it for you if you're local.

WEAPON-X 09-19-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced1 (Post 10316180)
We deal with Weapon X and these are very effective. I don't have any road testing with them but I can attest to the cooling capabilities. A pullied LT4 usually takes hours to cool down between dyno pulls. With this heat exchanger we can really speed up the tuning process. If you guys need one contact us (forum sponsor) and we can sell you one or even install it for you if you're local.

This! ;) :first:

The kit holds 150% more fluid and unlike most on the market, we replace all THREE heat exchangers, not just the center unit... because we understand what goes into the Manifold Air Temp calc used for timing. The days of "IAT2" are gone :noidea::cry::facepalm:

travislambert 09-19-2018 09:00 PM

I'd like to see actual test data, not from dyno pulls. Maybe before and after air temp logs from roadcourse track days from the same track and similar outside air temperature.

Sooner Cole 09-20-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10316246)
I'd like to see actual test data, not from dyno pulls. Maybe before and after air temp logs from roadcourse track days from the same track and similar outside air temperature.

This^

Blue70SS 02-23-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10316246)

After 2 years, still no data? Thinking about the triple threat for my 2021 ZL1 1LE, but real world test results speak most.

travislambert 02-23-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue70SS (Post 10960303)
After 2 years, still no data? Thinking about the triple threat for my 2021 ZL1 1LE, but real world test results speak most.

I ended up going with C&R Racing. They sell a center heat exchanger and the auxiliary heat exchangers that are a direct fit. Their cooling fin design is top-notch.

My setup has been converted for the left aux cooler to be the C&R racing oil cooler. (I have data, but it's not a true apples-to-apples with the setup in this thread.) Couple their oil cooler with their 42mm core center heat exchanger for the supercharger, then their auxiliary water cooler for the right side, and I guarantee this setup will outperform anything on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about Weapon X or their offerings that were made available before anyone else. The C&R Racing solution came along much later, but I believe this is now the best solution available. It comes at a price though. Their stuff is not cheap, but if you want the best available, that's what you want.

Blue70SS 02-23-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10960312)
I ended up going with C&R Racing. They sell a center heat exchanger and the auxiliary heat exchangers that are a direct fit. Their cooling fin design is top-notch.

My setup has been converted for the left aux cooler to be the C&R racing oil cooler. (I have data, but it's not a true apples-to-apples with the setup in this thread.) Couple their oil cooler with their 42mm core center heat exchanger for the supercharger, then their auxiliary water cooler for the right side, and I guarantee this setup will outperform anything on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about Weapon X or their offerings that were made available before anyone else. The C&R Racing solution came along much later, but I believe this is now the best solution available. It comes at a price though. Their stuff is not cheap, but if you want the best available, that's what you want.

thanks for the info!

Z OH 6 02-23-2021 12:38 PM

Vengeance Racing uses AFCO heat exchangers. That's what I have in my car, they seem to do a very good job.

Chris V 02-23-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10960312)

Can you do 20-minute sessions when it's 75 degrees out? What do your coolant and oil temps look like on track?

Bangkok_ZL1 02-24-2021 01:38 AM

I was going to buy those with the rest of the upgrades I’m currently doing because today For example, it’s almost a hundred here In Udon Thani and it’s February still and I’m sure Buri Ram (where the track is) the climate is the same. I postponed them to get other dress up and functional items because I don’t plan on being at the track until about the end of summer. But a 15 minute session here will be when it’s 100 and the “on track temp” is going to be scorching hot, damn near 140 probably. Rarely does anybody walk barefoot on asphalt in this country. But when I get them, I’ll make sure I run once prior to installation to get a baseline, and then I’ll have data. I’ll be the guinea pig if you’re willing to wait. It’ll be about 6 months before I get to the track. So I should be buying about that time.