Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Better Built Camaros ? USA or Canadian (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528899)

orange devil 05-14-2018 09:41 PM

Better Built Camaros ? USA or Canadian

This should be interesting discussion ?

Terryfied 05-14-2018 11:13 PM

Mine is #305 built in canader eh. So far so good.

rontammy0 05-14-2018 11:26 PM

These threads always start of with such innocent questions then........

Welker2 05-15-2018 12:29 AM

IMO this isn't quite an apples to oranges type question, it's more of a green apples to red apples one. When production was moved back to the US there were major changes in styling and performance attributes. Additionally, newer technologies were incorporated. These changes will impact the overall quality, for better or for worse. Given the major changes that were made, the more appropriate question would be 'which Camaro is better built, quality-wise, the Gen 5 or the Gen 6.

The only way to assess the quality of any make/model (or anything for that mater) based on different locations of production is if the same make/model is being built at multiple locations at the same time.

Just my 0.02

paulsandhu 05-15-2018 12:56 AM

It would be unpatriotic for me to say anything but to say Oshawa did it best.

PJMZL1 05-15-2018 04:56 AM

:iono:Canada did a great job with the Gen 5.

IMadeYouReadThis 05-15-2018 05:20 AM

Canada....however...I Am Canadian

rontammy0 05-15-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welker2 (Post 10185135)
IMO this isn't quite an apples to oranges type question, it's more of a green apples to red apples one. When production was moved back to the US there were major changes in styling and performance attributes. Additionally, newer technologies were incorporated. These changes will impact the overall quality, for better or for worse. Given the major changes that were made, the more appropriate question would be 'which Camaro is better built, quality-wise, the Gen 5 or the Gen 6.

The only way to assess the quality of any make/model (or anything for that mater) based on different locations of production is if the same make/model is being built at multiple locations at the same time.

Just my 0.02

Canadians went through the same thing with the initial launch of the 5th gen. Auto plants are graded yearly on quality...performance and efficiency. The Oshawa plant from what I remember was up near the top of the list during 5th gen production.

ZEN357 05-15-2018 07:18 AM

Just as long as it's not a Friday built car, wanting to get out of work for the weekend, or a Monday built car, built with a hangover!!!! LOL!!!!

Indydriver 05-15-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEN357 (Post 10185261)
Just as long as it's not a Friday built car, wanting to get out of work for the weekend, or a Monday built car, built with a hangover!!!! LOL!!!!

IIRC, the first shift at Oshawa after a weekend shutdown was Sunday night, not Monday morning. Mine was assembled on a Monday...St. Patrick’s Day no less. One advantage is that the freshly painted shell gets to sit for a day or two before everyone crawls all over it. 4 years in, paint is good, build is good.

Royal Tiger 05-15-2018 08:12 AM

Very happy with my Canadian car. The dealer sucked ass, but the car has been solid. :canada:

Stormcloak 05-15-2018 08:20 AM

Not sure how anyone would be able to answer this objectively without repair / VIN data. Mine's been solid (Canadian built), and I'm sure others built in the US have been as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 10185323)
Very happy with my Canadian car. The dealer sucked ass, but the car has been solid. :canada:

Dealers sucking seems like a constant. The one I bought the car off of screwed a few minor things up, and our local one can't do a tire change without damaging rims.

detamble13 05-15-2018 08:37 AM

With the cleaner Canadian air and "free" healthcare Canadians live healthier and more well rested. The beer is also held to a higher standard which nicely compliments back bacon and syrup if you can believe it. Also, Canadian men have significantly larger penises than their southern neighbours.
This is all proven fact so please don't bother arguing.

J Rod 05-15-2018 08:45 AM

USA - 1
Canada - 0

https://i.redd.it/df1655r4ln7z.jpg