CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Indiana Folks (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431814)

IntricateDetail 12-04-2015 06:11 AM

Indiana Folks

It's like this on every forum I've ever been on. Indiana seemingly has no car enthusiasts. When I had my Mazda6, there didn't seem to be many people, when I had my Infiniti G37, there didn't seem to be many people, and now that I'm looking at the Camaro, there don't seem to be many people. Well, forum people. :)

I know there are actual clubs, because I've seen them taking over Cars & Coffee in Indianapolis, with their absurdly over-the-top cams and obnoxiously loud exhausts. ;) Lol. I guess I just don't get why Indiana folks never start a thread or show that we exist on the map when it comes to car forums. I get that clubs are where it happens, but a lot of people go online first to see if there's anything out there.

So this is for you, Indiana folks. If you are in a local club, or know of one, if you go to meets, etc...you can post here. :)

BlkReaper 12-04-2015 09:10 AM

I'm from Fort Wayne,IN but just moved to NC so that doesn't really help you but I've noticed the same thing. There are a small amount of enthusiast in Indianapolis though.

Also for some reason they don't recognize Indiana as the Midwest so this might be moved to the great lakes section.

Geno 12-04-2015 12:30 PM

I'm just west of Ft Wayne. Not many Indiana folks on here it seems.

IntricateDetail 12-08-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 8770308)
I'm just west of Ft Wayne. Not many Indiana folks on here it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkReaper (Post 8769872)
Also for some reason they don't recognize Indiana as the Midwest so this might be moved to the great lakes section.

Yea, I hate how Indiana seems to be the odd state out. Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio all have huge clubs for all kinds of cars, but Indiana has few and far between lol.

Oh, and the Census Bureau says Indiana is a Midwest state....as do pretty much all the other forums I've been on, so that seems weird. I mean the "regions" exist because of the Census Bureau so why would they not acknowledge Indiana as such?? Anyhoo, not a big deal haha. :)

ckaram 12-08-2015 06:27 PM

Umm...there's car guys everywhere, including the Hoosier state.

I'm not really a club guy. I work too much. Hoosier work ethic maybe?

Search on camaro5 for Indiana, including in the Great Lakes region, or search on camaros.net.

We're everywhere :D

stratt 12-08-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkReaper (Post 8769872)
I'm from Fort Wayne,IN but just moved to NC so that doesn't really help you but I've noticed the same thing. There are a small amount of enthusiast in Indianapolis though.

Where in NC are you?

BlkReaper 12-10-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratt (Post 8777628)
Where in NC are you?

Winston Salem

stratt 12-10-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkReaper (Post 8781311)
Winston Salem

Hell yea. Go Deacs. Season tix in football and Bball. I'm in Greensboro.

jhempsrt4 02-16-2016 08:46 PM

I am from Greensburg. I have been out of the game for years, but this town seems to be over run with SRT4's.

Jmcalhoun22 03-30-2016 08:04 PM

I notice that too. I am from Fort Wayne, IN. just got my camaro6 a couple weeks ago

1hprush 09-17-2017 08:57 PM

Indy Camaro's

Here's a shout out to those Indy guys. :drive: I just picked up my "17 2SS Fifty about a month ago. Love to discuss mods, exhaust and suspension recommendations. Got about a month before hibernation...

Mydistrust 12-12-2017 08:49 PM

I live in Indy and just bought my camaro at the end of Sept, and also just recently joined this forum. I don't belong to a club or anything, but it would be nice to get together with some like-minded people and learn more being this is the first camaro i've ever owned

Darth Martel 12-13-2017 07:41 AM

There are several of us here in Indy. We should get something together in the spring. Mine is in hibernation until then. If you do Facebook, there's a few groups that are helpful and informative in general. Camaro owners are a pretty cool community. PM me and I can send you more info if interested.

DevilsReject97 12-13-2017 09:08 AM

There are lots of Indiana car enthusiasts on here, as well as many clubs you can find.

Central Indiana Camaro Club
Circle City Corvette Club
Hoosier Street Rods
Southside Mustang Club - good bunch of people despite driving Fords
IndyRPM - usually does an annual New Years lap around I-465 as well as other car shows...

There are others as well...some worthwhile, some not....it all depends on the groups you like to join