CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Something happened to my Daytona 392... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560747)

1LE_Crush 08-21-2019 03:02 PM

Something happened to my Daytona 392...

"Stay Awhile and Listen"

I will tell you what happened it's sitting on the Used Car lot of Lindsay Chevrolet! I made the jump back to the Bowtie hopefully for a long time. To get the formalities out of the way I picked up a 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE in Orange Crush and boy what a story it all is. If you like stories here goes if you don't want to read it just skip to the next post for pics.

I used to have a 2016 C7 Stick with Mag Ride and NPP. It was my dream car, I haven't felt that connected to a car since I owned my 2008 Mustang GT and I have owned a plethora of different brands and engines of Pony/Muscle/Sports cars whatever you call them from 2007 to Present. I bought that C7 as a middle finger to my miserable ex wife.:headbang: Then I met the girl that changed my life and she had a kid. I was excited to share the car world with her son until I realized a 3 year old cant ride in a corvette for at least 7 years and you cant have any family fun road trips in a Corvette. I did the unthinkable. I traded in my C7 my DREAM car and bought a family car...well a pretty badass family car, a 2017 Dodge Daytona 392 in GoGreen. For a girl and kid I barely knew. Stupid at the time but No Regurts.

Well fast forward we're married now and we had a Getaway Wedding in Vegas with close family. (Nothing huge but not an elopement) My wife wanted to surprise me and when we landed she got me a (Cool Car Rental) from enterprise it was a 2018 Mustang GT Vert, Sweet...well it broke down 10 miles later the vert mechanism broke. Enterprise Transferred us to a nearby location and they had a 2018 Mustang vert swap or a brand new 2019 Camaro 2SS coupe that was orange. We pulled into that location and that Big Orange Brute was sitting right at the gate and I had never seen a 2019 in person with the "Ugly Front" I will tell you what I thought the car was badass on first sight. We traded in and had a great time the whole trip. I got home and I always felt something was missing after renting that camaro and I told my wife we will get that car someday. I still had a badass 392 that I had no complaints.

Fast forward again to two weeks ago. Sunday morning I am sitting outside enjoying the morning air and I just so happen to just look at some car deals because of the 2020 Corvette I wanted to see what the C7s prices were dropping to and I just so happened to stumble across Camaros...There it was a 2SS 1LE in Orange Crush. It had killer discounts on it so good I asked my wife if just for giggles she wanted to go look at it. We did, we drove the near 2 hour drive to Woodbridge to give it a look. Everything played out scary Perfect, Deal wasn't smoke and mirrors, trade In was more then I thought, Loan approved payment $10 less a month....The Perfect Storm. I made the trade and my god I have my Corvette back with this damn car. The connection and feel I had in my C7 I get in this and more. I have the car that gives me what my C7 gave me and allows me to share that with my family. Glad to be back with the Bowtie and into a masterpiece of a car. I am loving every second in the car its my Monday and Friday Daily Driver/ Weekend fun car. Tuesday Weds Thurs we take the wifes Jeep to keep the miles even haha.

Hopefully that wasn't boring Pics will be posted in the next post. Glad to be here and I look forward to coming back to forums with a better mindset. Thanks for stopping by.

1LE_Crush 08-21-2019 03:07 PM

7 Attachment(s)
ATTACH]1000949[/ATTACH]

dbiker207 08-21-2019 03:22 PM

very nice

All2Easy 08-21-2019 03:45 PM

Congrats! Nice car!

7speed 08-21-2019 03:46 PM

Welcome back.

Damn I don't know that would have been tough I think to give up 392. I had a 15 RT Challenger before the Camaro and if I would have gotten a 15 Scat Pack instead of RT I probably would still have it.

cbr1100xx 08-21-2019 03:59 PM

Great color! Your legs are ripped! lol

kropscamaro16 08-21-2019 04:04 PM

you definately like loud colored cars lol

Mov Ov3r 08-21-2019 04:06 PM

Great color, welcome back.

Aragorn 08-21-2019 04:19 PM

Congrats!

Uncle Sam 08-21-2019 04:31 PM

The orange is awesome! Enjoy.

TRZ06 08-21-2019 04:54 PM

Congrats man!!!!

The SS 1LE is the deal /performance bargain of the century. It hits so far above its weight class, it's almost criminal.

I have not had a C7, but I have had a C6 Z06 and a few C5 Z06's.

There are a few pros / cons to each platform. The Corvette's (both C5 & C6, not sure about C7) were never really there quality wise. The 6th Gen. Camaro pulls this off very well compared.

The Corvette in general will feel lighter on its feet and a bit quicker, BUT the SS 1LE (especially at the limit) feels more controllable and stable. The rear-end is not nearly as twitchy as the Corvettes are.

I absolutely love my SS 1LE, and I have had many sports cars in my life.

Finding something that can seat 4 (not long distance, but can be done) and that can also put a smile on your face when pushing it hard is not easy.

Gunkk 08-21-2019 05:36 PM

+1 to the SS1LE performance car bargain of the decade!

Congrats on the new ride!! :thumb:

arpad_m 08-21-2019 05:45 PM

Loved your story, you were willing to sacrifice your dream car and now look at the package deal you've been rewarded with :thumb: Congrats on your 1LE :thumbup:

1LE_Crush 08-21-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7speed (Post 10602422)
Welcome back.

Damn I don't know that would have been tough I think to give up 392. I had a 15 RT Challenger before the Camaro and if I would have gotten a 15 Scat Pack instead of RT I probably would still have it.

The 392 was definitely a Hoonmobile. Loud throw you back punch from the 392 but it is still a really heavy car and you can feel that. Also the A8 was quick but confused at times even in the unlocked Track mode. Also build quality is pretty poor. Just like my Challenger you can almost here the body rippling in the wind at speed. Really great car but the 1LE feels better then my non Z51 C7 and that driving experience is what I wanted the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 10602442)
Great color! Your legs are ripped! lol

Thanks and oh my tree trunks...Thanks lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 10602445)
you definately like loud colored cars lol

My C7s were both Laguna Blue (Still the best color of all time) I never want another car that isnt a loud color. I dont like paint jobs that blend in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r (Post 10602449)
Great color, welcome back.

I was really tempted to go blue but the Orange is killer and my wife loved it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10602490)
Congrats man!!!!

The SS 1LE is the deal /performance bargain of the century. It hits so far above its weight class, it's almost criminal.

I have not had a C7, but I have had a C6 Z06 and a few C5 Z06's.

There are a few pros / cons to each platform. The Corvette's (both C5 & C6, not sure about C7) were never really there quality wise. The 6th Gen. Camaro pulls this off very well compared.

The Corvette in general will feel lighter on its feet and a bit quicker, BUT the SS 1LE (especially at the limit) feels more controllable and stable. The rear-end is not nearly as twitchy as the Corvettes are.

I absolutely love my SS 1LE, and I have had many sports cars in my life.

Finding something that can seat 4 (not long distance, but can be done) and that can also put a smile on your face when pushing it hard is not easy.

Indeed sir. I would say build quality is even C7 to 2SS. A few more nice to touch things in the C7 but the 2SS feels more solid. Both my C7s turned into Rattle traps by 5k miles...Fingers Crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10602538)
+1 to the SS1LE performance car bargain of the decade!

Congrats on the new ride!! :thumb:

I couldn't believe what a great deal it was. Hell the damn seats are $2500 a piece! :der:

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10602548)
Loved your story, you were willing to sacrifice your dream car and now look at the package deal you've been rewarded with :thumb: Congrats on your 1LE :thumbup:

Thanks I enjoyed sharing and Thanks!

Thank you to all of those that I did not quote!:thanks::thanks::thanks: