CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   Got My OEM Wheels From the Dealer...yay. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482726)

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 08:40 PM

Got My OEM Wheels From the Dealer...yay.

3 Attachment(s)
On Dec 16 I requested the OEM wheels and other OEM parts the dealer removed and replaced with LPO Wheels and accessories. After first trying to meet my request and then backing out nearly a month later...today I got my "resolution".

My "great deal" on the Camaro included the following...

* A full set of OEM wheels...all of them damaged to some degree by a tire machine.

* A full set of LPO wheels...one of them damaged by a tire machine.

* Metallic black stripes with scratches, swirl marks, and hard water stains

* Paint with hard water stains and etching from bird droppings.

* None of the OEM parts removed by the dealer

* A $500 check from the dealership as a "good will gesture" to use to remedy any of the above issues.

The whole reason I bought a new car was to avoid having to spend thousands making it "like new".

Michigan1LTRS 02-01-2017 08:43 PM

Man, they hacked up those wheels.

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS (Post 9537236)
Man, they hacked up those wheels.

I know it...and those LPOs are painted so it's only a matter of time until they start flaking.

ParisTNDude 02-01-2017 09:32 PM

At their as new value, I would be talking to an attorney. $50 for a letter.

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 09:44 PM

As far as I can tell the dealer's belief is that since they gave me such a good deal on my trade this is completely acceptable. (which kinda defeats the purpose)

HyperBlue16 02-01-2017 09:53 PM

A lot of shops have not updated their equipment or training for such tires and that is the results.

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParisTNDude (Post 9537288)
At their as new value, I would be talking to an attorney. $50 for a letter.

I'm thinking I may just try bringing the car back...I'm tired of thinking about all of this. I really don't want to spend hours trying to clay bar and wet sand everything.

The OEM wheels will look terrible even as winter wheels and they're worthless to try selling. I have someone who want's to buy the LPO's but it's only enough to cover the wheels and tires I had to buy for myself.

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 (Post 9537313)
A lot of shops have not updated their equipment or training for such tires and that is the results.

I worked for a truck stop in high school changing tires on 18 wheelers...pretty sure I could have done a better job with slide-hammer and pry bars.

HyperBlue16 02-01-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyB911 (Post 9537323)
I worked for a truck stop in high school changing tires on 18 wheelers...pretty sure I could have done a better job with slide-hammer and pry bars.

I drive truck and a lot of time prop my inner tire on wood block and change the outside tire while on the truck myself to save money & time. But low profile tires are a bit more tricky.

ScottyB911 02-01-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 (Post 9537331)
I drive truck and a lot of time prop my inner tire on wood block and change the outside tire while on the truck myself to save money & time. But low profile tires are a bit more tricky.

Yeah there isn't much sidewall to work with and it's an entirely different process. It's the dealer's attitude that since I got a good price I should just shut up and be happy that is so puzzling.

olblue75 02-06-2017 09:55 AM

Reach out the customer car guys here on the forum. They should be able to help. Good deal or not hurt parts are hurt parts!!!

cooden 02-06-2017 10:19 AM

You need to call Chevy customer care and inform them what has happened. Tell them you want a Chevy rep to meet you at the dealership to show them the car.

ScottyB911 02-06-2017 11:10 AM

I had reached out to them originally and they essentially shut me down because the dealership gave me a check for $500 as a "good will gesture" which was enough to buy another OEM wheel.

(Originally the $500 was compensation for the OEM hood vents, emblems, and console lid I wanted back from the dealer but they no longer had)

Customer service just kind accepted that $500 as a "catch-all" for 4 damaged OEM wheels, one damaged LPO wheel, and all the other OEM parts the dealer removed. They said the customer doesn't have a right to the OEM parts...only the wheels. I wasted over a month on this whole thing with GM customer service and since the general manager I was working with left the dealership Customer Service is just taking the Sales Manager's word on everything.

Lashu74 02-06-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyB911 (Post 9544192)
I had reached out to them originally and they essentially shut me down because the dealership gave me a check for $500 as a "good will gesture" which was enough to buy another OEM wheel.

(Originally the $500 was compensation for the OEM hood vents, emblems, and console lid I wanted back from the dealer but they no longer had)

Customer service just kind accepted that $500 as a "catch-all" for 4 damaged OEM wheels, one damaged LPO wheel, and all the other OEM parts the dealer removed. They said the customer doesn't have a right to the OEM parts...only the wheels. I wasted over a month on this whole thing with GM customer service and since the general manager I was working with left the dealership Customer Service is just taking the Sales Manager's word on everything.

Customer care is a joke IMO. Kinda sucks but your best bet is to put this behind you as hard as it may be get the car detailed and just try to enjoy it. Give the dealer bad reviews on the various social sites and consumer review sites. Honestly I think anything else would probably just be a waste of your time and add more stress to your life with no resolve. I think it's pretty clear that GM doesn't give two f's about keeping its customers satisfied. I will be looking at other manufacturers for my next new car and will suggest the same to my friends and family.