CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   2016+ Chevrolet Camaro LED Sidemarkers! Smoked / Clear / Red! USA Made! Install Vid! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475300)

Diode Dynamics 11-29-2016 03:55 PM

2016+ Chevrolet Camaro LED Sidemarkers! Smoked / Clear / Red! USA Made! Install Vid!

Diode Dynamics is pleased to announce the replacement LED Sidemarker set, for all trims of 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro. With these LED sidemarkers, you'll gain a modern LED appearance, with a simple 15-minute installation. Upgrade your 6th Generation Camaro today!

These sidemarkers are sold in a set of four. All light up with Amber and Red LEDs. The lens options include factory-style Amber front and Red rear, all Clear, or all Smoked.

Key features include:

- Amber/red, clear, and smoked lens options
- Plug and play, simple tools required
- Optical reflector pattern and LED focal strip
- Powerful SMD LEDs with constant-current driver
- Non-polar input, for hassle-free installation
- High reliability with embedded transient voltage suppression
- Ultrasonically welded for OEM longevity
- DOT/SAE compliant output and assembly (red/amber lens)
- 100% Made in USA

Diode Dynamics: LED Sidemarkers for 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro (set)

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

sonnydurden 11-29-2016 04:17 PM

Wow.. interesting.. the LED looks similar to the Oracle LED that will present that straight consistent LED line. Something that I think Showstopper missed in theirs. And the price is cheaper. Will reserve my judgement until the finished product is revealed. No disrespect but the "cheap clear lens" is what I like. Hate the frosting..lol!! But nothing wrong with competition! Good for us consumers!!!

CyberGuyPR 11-29-2016 04:21 PM

Smoked sounds promising. Love that the target date is before car show season!

Luis19SS 11-29-2016 05:02 PM

I had image in my head as where the Sidemarkers were outlined buy a CCFL light instead of an LED stripe down the middle, I think that would look pretty cool at night. Just some imagination and putting it out there... who knows maybe someone might take my idea and build it. :) but looks good guys. Can't wait to see pictures.

Diode Dynamics 11-29-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnydurden (Post 9429917)
Wow.. interesting.. the LED looks similar to the Oracle LED that will present that straight consistent LED line. Something that I think Showstopper missed in theirs. And the price is cheaper. Will reserve my judgement until the finished product is revealed. No disrespect but the "cheap clear lens" is what I like. Hate the frosting..lol!! But nothing wrong with competition! Good for us consumers!!!

Thanks for the feedback! It's not frosted, it's an OEM-type retroreflector optic. Our goal here is to maintain the reflective properties, to keep it safe and legal. The LEDs are indeed similar, but they are much higher-density, so you cannot see any dots at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis13RS (Post 9429985)
I had image in my head as where the Sidemarkers were outlined buy a CCFL light instead of an LED stripe down the middle, I think that would look pretty cool at night. Just some imagination and putting it out there... who knows maybe someone might take my idea and build it. :) but looks good guys. Can't wait to see pictures.

This has an extremely high-density row of small LEDs, and an optical design to spread the light. It looks completely uniform when turned on. Thanks!

Diode Dynamics 11-29-2016 05:13 PM

To give some reference, here is our current option for the 2015+ Mustang. It will have the same overall build and appearance. Our goal with this is to provide an upgrade in performance and appearance, while keeping a clean OEM look.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/m...er_red_off.jpg

bpang1234 11-29-2016 05:20 PM

So the effect is kind of like our LED strips in the headlights? That is pretty neat.

Darth Martel 11-29-2016 05:22 PM

$160 a set is a f'n KILLER price. Will the smoked option still maintain reflectivity? (is that a word???)

Diode Dynamics 11-29-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Martel (Post 9430019)
$160 a set is a f'n KILLER price. Will the smoked option still maintain reflectivity? (is that a word???)

Thanks, we make them ourselves start to finish, so we can really offer a good value!

The smoked color will absorb more light, but yes, it is still very reflective. For the injection molding, we chose a color that is dark enough to blend in with black, but not too dark that it blocks and doesn't reflect the light.

sonnydurden 11-29-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics (Post 9430000)
To give some reference, here is our current option for the 2015+ Mustang. It will have the same overall build and appearance. Our goal with this is to provide an upgrade in performance and appearance, while keeping a clean OEM look.

http://www.steeda.com/images/waterma...-1071-0000.jpg

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/m...er_red_off.jpg

Ahhhhh ok!! Yeah I like that. Any pictures of the tinted? I was sold on the Oracle, I'm gonna hold off until these release!

FNxR3DNECK 11-29-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnydurden (Post 9430116)
Ahhhhh ok!! Yeah I like that. Any pictures of the tinted? I was sold on the Oracle, I'm gonna hold off until these release!

+1 for pictures of the smoked ones!!!

cryssm 11-29-2016 08:08 PM

Awesome news, can't wait! Great price, also.

HannibalRed 11-29-2016 08:20 PM

Do a third brake light in smoked as well! Match the black taillights and you'll have a home run!!!

HallsDesign 11-29-2016 10:45 PM

I really like the price! I think I might jump on this!