CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bronco Blazer (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586982)

shoe5163 01-12-2021 06:02 PM

Bronco Blazer

I seen the new Colt raised by Goats Bronco commercial today, is it me or did Chevy drop the ball on the Blazer? Shouldn't it have been a dedicated off-road 4x4 instead of filling a slot in their SUV line-up.

RWT 01-12-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoe5163 (Post 10935873)
I seen the new Colt raised by Goats Bronco commercial today, is it me or did Chevy drop the ball on the Blazer? Shouldn't it have been a dedicated off-road 4x4 instead of filling a slot in their SUV line-up.

Yes, Chevy made a mistake with the Blazer as it is just another SUV among an already full line of SUVs.

I don't think it needed to be a dedicated off road vehicle but it certainly needed to be a lot more capable than it is. My friend, who is a Chevy salesman, tried to get me to replace my wife's 2019 Equinox with a Blazer. We looked, we drove, we compared. Nope, kept the Equinox, there just wasn't enough difference.

I think they were trying to go with an Camaro inspired SUV but it's not sporty enough to pull it off. It's still just another SUV.

JMHO
No expertise implied or expressed

gtfoxy 01-12-2021 07:25 PM

It’s a screwed lineage not true to the original Blazer market segment.

Adding the S-10 segment eventually led to a strictly more compact vehicle for the name.

B8TTYVILLEKID 01-12-2021 07:29 PM

Chevy, as always, aimed for the soccer mom market with the SUV. Ford aimed for the jeep market, predominantly male, with the occasional hot blond girl with their pony tail pulled through their baseball cap. Ford has a focus and as usual, with few exceptions, chevy just shoots for mass appeal.

Z28James 01-12-2021 08:31 PM

I agree, GM needs a 4wd vehicle to compete with the Wrangler or Bronco. I don't expect GM to outsell the Wrangler, but its got to be better than another similar vehicle in the SUV lineup. I drive a Wrangler ad my daily driver and would totally switch to something similar if GM made something like it. Also GTFoxy is right, that K5 Blazer was the last great one and GM could have totally come out with a retro Blazer with removeable top.

cmking26 01-12-2021 08:42 PM

We were looking to upgrade from our 2018 Equinox to a Blazer. It was nice with the V6 but to get any options they're $38k. We ended up buying a new Hyundai Palisade SEL for $36k. Tons more options, better looking, and larger. We love the Palisade. So far, one of the best SUV's I've ever owned.

FarmerFran 01-12-2021 09:50 PM

Same with the truck market, no off road monster. And do not give me that trail boss crap. I would take a Rebel over that any day and 2x on Sunday.

Yang N’ Bang 01-12-2021 10:06 PM

Gotta give credit where credit’s due, ford hit it out of the park with the bronco...

hawk02 01-12-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B8TTYVILLEKID (Post 10935920)
Chevy, as always, aimed for the soccer mom market with the SUV. Ford aimed for the jeep market, predominantly male, with the occasional hot blond girl with their pony tail pulled through their baseball cap. Ford has a focus and as usual, with few exceptions, chevy just shoots for mass appeal.

In all fairness to Chevy, the soccer mom market is a heck of a lot bigger than the market for 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Outside the Jeep Wrangler, how much of the Jeep lineup is being driven off road?

My wife and I have 2019 Blazer RS. It replaced a GMC Acadia. The extra 20 HP is nice. It has a very good ride and is well put together. The only thing I miss is folding side mirrors. Otherwise it is an significant upgrade over the Acadia.

Bhobbs 01-12-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 10935998)
In all fairness to Chevy, the soccer mom market is a heck of a lot bigger than the market for 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Outside the Jeep Wrangler, how much of the Jeep lineup is being driven off road?

My wife and I have 2019 Blazer RS. It replaced a GMC Acadia. The extra 20 HP is nice. It has a very good ride and is well put together. The only thing I miss is folding side mirrors. Otherwise it is an significant upgrade over the Acadia.

Chevy already has multiple vehicles for the soccer mom. They didn't need to drop the ball on the Blazer.

Petrol Head 01-12-2021 10:57 PM

Yep, GM dropped the ball here. Ford and Jeep will be battling in that market for years. Big money to be had in real, serious off road machines.

I said it the moment I first read GM was putting the Blazer badge on a front wheel drive based soccer Mom wagon that would break a tie rod link on any serious off road trail.

Timbo-1LE 01-13-2021 02:46 AM

Bronco looks cool, and as stated Ford needs a win to survive. FarmerFran, just updated my Z71 Colorado with 2021 Z71 Trailboss which comes with a very nice Rancho setup. Is it a ZR2, no but for towing and my basic off-road use its a nice truck. Family pricing, 9K off. The advanced trailer package and cameras are good safety features for towing the Camaro.

CHerna 01-13-2021 06:46 AM

Nah. People get too hung up on names. The new Blazer is selling like hot cakes. Dealers can hardly keep them on the lot. With that said, my wife has one and loves it.

Rumor has it GMC was going to come out with the Jimmy (with some serious chops) in tandem with the next generation Colorado/Canyon, but ultimately got shelved.

It costs a lot of money to develop vehicles. Consider GM has to develop and produce ICE cars and EVs concurrently. It would be nice if GM offered a Bronco competitor that is powered by gas/diesel, but it doesn't make business sense with the Hummer EV in play.

GM has a firm foot in the EV game, and future sustainability.

jamala00 01-13-2021 06:57 AM

I don't think the Blazer looks bad. I do think the Bronco is ugly. I could careless about either of them tough and I could careless about any suv being able to go off road. 99% of anyone buying a Blazer or Bronco will never drive them off road anyway. Most people who are serious into off road vehicles get a jeep and mod it. Look at the Range Rover. They are built for off road and many other things, but all you see those $70k vehicles is a soccer mom behind the wheel in town. If I ever downsize my Tahoe, I'd for sure get a blazer. RS