CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   And you wonder why Challenger is #1 in sales? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599527)

95 imp 11-17-2021 08:00 AM

And you wonder why Challenger is #1 in sales?

Here is yet another reason why Dodge is leading. They are doing stuff that "can't be done" in today's business model.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp

Maybe gm (not GM) should take notes so they can sell some cars...

detamble13 11-17-2021 08:25 AM

Dodge's naming of their high hp products is second to none. SS, ZL1, 1LE etc. are fine to those in the know but don't appeal to a general audience and sales show. I still don't know how their line of Poop Pack cars sell though.

The new Jay Lenos garage with the Z06 was cool to watch but also a bit disheartening when the engineer spoke about how the project had started before their concentration on electric. Basically you won't see many (or any) more products like it. And I still hold on to some hope that LT6 makes it into a Camaro called Z/28.

CHerna 11-17-2021 08:34 AM

"Jailbreak" is only available on Redeye cars. They're not really doing anything ground breaking here, just continuing to use off shelf parts. To me, this basically says "we've milked this platform all we can. Just built whatever you want".

Scat Pack cars sell because they're very cheap to lease. Young people love them because they're cheap horsepower. Old people love them because they're good cruisers.

I didn't like mine. It was not dynamic enough.

10mm 11-17-2021 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Complain to the boss

Red Chief 11-17-2021 09:21 AM

Jailbreak is a fitting term for Dodge. Their clientele has the worst credit rating of any vehicle sold in the US.

I guess "America's #1 most repo'd car brand" might be a little too on the nose as a marketing slogan.

Jeb114 11-17-2021 09:53 AM

Wow Haters Hate.........

BlackbeastSS2 11-17-2021 10:14 AM

I think Dodge is #1 in sales because it’s an appealing looking muscle car with great HP and actually has a back seat area that will fit people back there some what comfortable. Plus the visibility when driving is better then the Camaro and they have bad ass commercials. Drivers that have not experienced the Camaro’s allure see the above comments and will try a Dodge before a GM product IMO.

jamala00 11-17-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 (Post 11098791)
I think Dodge is #1 in sales because it’s an appealing looking muscle car with great HP and actually has a back seat area that will fit people back there some what comfortable. Plus the visibility when driving is better then the Camaro and they have bad ass commercials. Drivers that have not experienced the Camaro’s allure see the above comments and will try a Dodge before a GM product IMO.

^^^^ Agreed, I think that is the exact reason the Challenger leads in sales. A lot of guys want a muscle car, but have a family/kids

raptor5244 11-17-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11098797)
^^^^ Agreed, I think that is the exact reason the Challenger leads in sales. A lot of guys want a muscle car, but have a family/kids

I guess the Charger could work for a family but who would want to climb in the back seat of a Challenger or any 2-door coupe nowadays? If you have a family and driving all over the place for school, sports, groceries, etc. most are choosing an SUV, Minivan, etc.

Kids tend to destroy cars anyway and I would lose my mind dealing with that...

jamala00 11-17-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor5244 (Post 11098827)
I guess the Charger could work for a family but who would want to climb in the back seat of a Challenger or any 2-door coupe nowadays? If you have a family and driving all over the place for school, sports, groceries, etc. most are choosing an SUV, Minivan, etc.

Kids tend to destroy cars anyway and I would lose my mind dealing with that...

They make 4 door versions of even the Hellcat

AZIROC 11-17-2021 12:10 PM

I hate to say its cause of the stereotypes, but for dodge...its true. The reason their sales r so good is anyone with even shit credit (or $99 down and a job) qualifies. What id be curious is how many get repod for none payment.

hotlap 11-17-2021 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1084900

raptor5244 11-17-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11098843)

Indeed, I think I actually like the Charger better than the Challenger. I think in my mind because it is so big and heavy to begin with you might as well make it practical and go for the Charger and get 4 doors.

s2mikey 11-17-2021 12:49 PM

Yeah - no question about Dodge/Mopar being for credit-score challenged consumers. But, people with fine credit buy them too. My issue with the challenger is that its simply a luxo-boat and not sporty whatsoever without spending who knows how much on "fixing" its horrible handling. Too heavy, too cumbersome, not for me. Great looking car though, in the right colors anyways.