CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Brakes | Chassis (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   BMR Rear Cradle Lockout vs Warranty? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557655)

Billabongi 07-03-2019 12:49 PM

BMR Rear Cradle Lockout vs Warranty?

Let me first say I'm not looking to cheat the warranty but I'm also looking to buy an extended warranty on the car since it's a DD so not looking to do parts that would significantly jeopardize that either (Tunes).

I have a MRC SS and looking for someone to educate me on the BMR Rear Cradle Lockout? Is this something that is very easy for dealers to see and therefore use as an excuse or do they need to be specifically looking for it to find it? Also does the lockout create more wear on any of the other suspension parts?

The rear is loosey goosey around any turns with power applied and it's even worse in the wet. That's what I'm mainly trying to correct. I live in Florida and it's a DD, I drive conservatively in the wet but even light throttle in a turn the rear wants to step out. I'm sure part of that is tires which I plan to remedy soon as well.

TRZ06 07-03-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billabongi (Post 10562050)
Let me first say I'm not looking to cheat the warranty but I'm also looking to buy an extended warranty on the car since it's a DD so not looking to do parts that would significantly jeopardize that either (Tunes).

I have a MRC SS and looking for someone to educate me on the BMR Rear Cradle Lockout? Is this something that is very easy for dealers to see and therefore use as an excuse or do they need to be specifically looking for it to find it? Also does the lockout create more wear on any of the other suspension parts?

The rear is loosey goosey around any turns with power applied and it's even worse in the wet. That's what I'm mainly trying to correct. I live in Florida and it's a DD, I drive conservatively in the wet but even light throttle in a turn the rear wants to step out. I'm sure part of that is tires which I plan to remedy soon as well.

If you decide to do a lockout kit or a solid bushing swap, you will be very pleased with the improvement, it makes a big difference.

I would think unless you are looking for it, I doubt anyone will see a lockout kit or the solid bushings, unless they are looking for it.

The nice thing about the lockout kit though, is it is reversible.

Billabongi 07-03-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10562358)
If you decide to do a lockout kit or a solid bushing swap, you will be very pleased with the improvement, it makes a big difference.

I would think unless you are looking for it, I doubt anyone will see a lockout kit or the solid bushings, unless they are looking for it.

The nice thing about the lockout kit though, is it is reversible.

Thanks for the reply, that's the idea I got out of it after reading about it.

Stephen12ZL1 07-05-2019 09:15 AM

Lockout will be impossible to see unless you really look for it. It is under brackets in the rear and shrouded by the inner liner & brakcets in the front. No worries at all and the factory stuff sandwiches over the lockout parts so it appears stock.

Billabongi 07-05-2019 03:40 PM

Thanks, decided to go with the lockout as it sounds like it’ll reduce the issue I’m having with the loose rear end. May need trailing arms as well but giving the lockout kit a go first.

Silver2ssA8 07-06-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billabongi (Post 10563711)
Thanks, decided to go with the lockout as it sounds like it’ll reduce the issue I’m having with the loose rear end. May need trailing arms as well but giving the lockout kit a go first.

If you’re near stock power the lockout kit should fix your problem, I have the lockout kit with the FE4 suspension and the rear feels much more connected now