CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Rockguards in Canada (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494234)

RiceCake 05-08-2017 10:17 AM

Rockguards in Canada

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting the deluxe rockguards and jack pads from ZL1 Addons before my 2017 SS 1LE arrives. Are there any companies in Canada that offer a comparable product? I'm not thrilled about ordering from the states and paying all the crazy shipping/exchange fees.

BradfordCamaro 05-08-2017 11:42 AM

Use a company that does the work for you.

Such as CrossBorderPickups.

There could be other in your area.

RiceCake 05-08-2017 04:57 PM

I will check it out, thanks! I'm guessing this means that ZL1 Addons' rockguards are still the best option? The OEM ones are so expensive and I'm not sure they cover enough for the wide tires on 1LE.

BradfordCamaro 05-08-2017 05:21 PM

I will be ordering some deluxe guards myself in a day or so.

RiceCake 05-08-2017 06:05 PM

I just put in an order for the deluxe rockguards and jack pads + mag pad. Shipping was nearly $30 USD plus duty/tax :thumbdown: but overall I guess it's still cheaper than the OEM solution... I also forgot to apply the discount code for 5% off: forum

BradfordCamaro 05-08-2017 07:35 PM

No duty. Just your Provincial Tax.
It is Cdn stores that try and scare consumers with the word 'duty'.
I ordered a Racing Seat from Europe and the duty waa only 6%.....and I still paid hundreds less than buying here.

TrackClub 05-08-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceCake (Post 9716065)
I just put in an order for the deluxe rockguards and jack pads + mag pad. Shipping was nearly $30 USD plus duty/tax :thumbdown: but overall I guess it's still cheaper than the OEM solution... I also forgot to apply the discount code for 5% off: forum

note they now have "lift points" that attach and stay on the rails.
that's what I ordered. plus a couple of other goodies :)

RiceCake 05-09-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrackClub (Post 9716362)
note they now have "lift points" that attach and stay on the rails.
that's what I ordered. plus a couple of other goodies :)

I get so confused with all of their names (jack pad, mag pad, lift point) :iono:

Upon reviewing their product names, I ordered their deluxe rock guards, their mag pad (to jack the car up) and their set of 4 lift points (to sit on the jack stands). I know I could have lifted the car without those, but the underside of my BMW has a few self-inflicted bends/dents from testing to find the best lift points, and I'd prefer to avoid that this time!

TrackClub 05-09-2017 12:09 AM

Haha yes their naming is pretty confusing to me too. BTW sent ya an email so check your spam folder if you can't see it.

M.A.K. 05-11-2017 09:52 AM

Have both the lift points and rock guards, definitely worth it I think.

TrackClub 05-11-2017 10:05 AM

Good to know. Waiting for mine to arrive. Cheers!

kodiakk 02-18-2018 05:25 PM

I bought the ZL1 lift points a while back and haven't installed them yet. Will shortly, let me know how they worked for you guys and long term durability.

internationlriders 03-16-2018 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceCake (Post 9715941)
I will check it out, thanks! I'm guessing this means that ZL1 Addons' rockguards are still the best option? The OEM ones are so expensive and I'm not sure they cover enough for the wide tires on 1LE.

I got the OEM rock guards on my 1le and they totally work. They look like they are meant to be on the car and not like a Subaru or rally car as well. If you want side skirts they won't work but my car doesn't wear a dress or a skirt. 😉

Octaneman 03-17-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceCake (Post 9716065)

IF they can ship USPS, the mail, is your cheapest bet, as they will only charge you GST, - problem with UPS if they do not get the right paper work as in NAFTA, in many cases they will charge you duty as they are not willing to chase that information, plus their brokerage fees are high,

We find for smaller items the USPS works the best and cheapest.;)

Steve