CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   How should I wash my PPF / Ceramic Coated car? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604096)

Need4Camaro 04-05-2022 10:29 PM

How should I wash my PPF / Ceramic Coated car?

What kind of cloth should I use?
What kind of soap?
Can I use any products to improve the lifespan of the ceramic coating?

Bearded_Seamonkey 04-06-2022 06:26 AM

I use the gyeon PPF line. They have wash, maintainer, renewer and quick detailed. As for the cloths, it depends how much you want to spend. There are a number of good mitts out there for washing and drying towels. Take a look at autogeek or a website similar.

Need4Camaro 04-06-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded_Seamonkey (Post 11156763)
I use the gyeon PPF line. They have wash, maintainer, renewer and quick detailed. As for the cloths, it depends how much you want to spend. There are a number of good mitts out there for washing and drying towels. Take a look at autogeek or a website similar.

Before I got my car ceramic coated I was going to DIY Car Washes as we have residential water-use restrictions where I live, would it be acceptable to use the water spray and not the scrubber?

SATINSTEEL1LE 04-06-2022 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For PPF, the CORRECT cleaner/wax is Plexus. This is what should be used to clean and protect your PPF. This or Honda spray cleaner/polish.

They leave the PPF feeling like butter smooth. My first PPF guy showed me this like 15 years ago and I've been using it since and its MONEY!! There is nothing else you should be using.

Bearded_Seamonkey 04-06-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 11156926)
Before I got my car ceramic coated I was going to DIY Car Washes as we have residential water-use restrictions where I live, would it be acceptable to use the water spray and not the scrubber?

I definitely would avoid the scrubber. Who knows what people clean with those. The water spray should be ok. Just be careful around the edges of the ppf so you don’t lift any of it. Keep the spray water moving and you should be fine.

arpad_m 04-06-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE (Post 11156955)
For PPF, the CORRECT cleaner/wax is Plexus. This is what should be used to clean and protect your PPF. This or Honda spray cleaner/polish.

They leave the PPF feeling like butter smooth. My first PPF guy showed me this like 15 years ago and I've been using it since and its MONEY!! There is nothing else you should be using.

You have piqued my curiosity, I'll give this a try and report back if it's that good indeed. Thanks for the tip :nod:

Wuiquen 07-15-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11157222)
You have piqued my curiosity, I'll give this a try and report back if it's that good indeed. Thanks for the tip :nod:

Did you try it? I have never used anything other than regular washes and then sealant/wax. I have even polished my old PPF and it came out great

22SS1LE 07-15-2022 10:53 AM

wash it how you would wash any car.
Don't use things like dish soap and if you want to keep the coating lasting dont use alot of high alkaline shampoos. keep them for maybe once a month for a reset wash.
you can use anything you want on your PPF as you would your paint.
Some good over the counter items are Griot 3n1 ceramic wax, Griots Ceramic speed shine, Turtle wax seal n shine.
Optimum no rinse is the go to for rinse less washing.
good shampoos are Gyeon Bath, 3D Pink, P&S pearl
good decon shampoos are Carpro reset, Gyeon restart

SOCAL.M6.ZLE 07-15-2022 12:57 PM

Pressure rinse... Foam cannon... rich suds... delicate washing as needed... blow dry... ceramic coat safe overcoat / sealant... I also use a Di water system.

My tool kit is as follows...

Dewalt 20V pressure washer with a 5mah battery
Dewalt 20v Leafblower with 6mah battery

Spot Free water filtration system
TORQ foam cannon w/ Mr. Pink Soap

2-bucket method with strainer
Adams Ceramic Boost Spray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLiePQRMFc8

1badtie 07-15-2022 08:18 PM

I use Mr Pink and Ceramic wash both by chemical guys with their foam cannon. 2 bucket method with grit guard in the buckets.

Grumpy1 10-01-2022 11:04 PM

I used plexus on my bikes yrs ago, remember when that stuff was like $12-15 per can…lol
You can treat it as you would if it wasn’t there just nothing abrasive which is why i use all spray products with quality microfiber towels.
I had xpel put on mine that day after i bought it almost 5yrs ago.
Looks and feels as smooth like the day it was put on. It’s not a dd and is garage kept.
I use all Adams products for no other reason as it suits my purpose not that’s it any better than other products out there. I use their waterless wash, detail spray and spray wax….