CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2019 Camaro Fest (IX) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   Camaro Fest - Washing and Vacuuming Alternatives (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557713)

trublucamaro 07-04-2019 08:08 AM

Camaro Fest - Washing and Vacuuming Alternatives

4 Attachment(s)
I realize there are going to be crews back at the hotels to wash vehicles, and I for one would recommend them, but there is an alternative in town that I was impressed with back in 2017 when I was last there.

The do it yourself stalls at SPEEDWASH USA at 4882 Scottsville Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42104. This place is heaven. 5 STARS. Warm water? Almost HOT water? Do they store it on the roof to get warmed by the sunlight? Who knows. The warm water and soap used to clean the car is a bonus in my mind. The timers on the pressure washer are the longest I've seen, and I'm coming from Florida. I brought my own cleaning buckets and wash towels, rinsed the car off, filled my bucket with my soap (BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND WASH for the win!) and their hot water from the pressure washer, and had to wait forever for the time to run out. You definitely get your money's worth in time the washer is on. I washed my car by hand, not one person came up and bothered me about my own stuff. Then I dropped money in again and rinsed the whole thing down. Superb.
ALSO: They have a vacuum area that is covered. I mean it's UNDER a roof. No rain, no hot sun! I've never seen this. This place has got it going on, and will get my business again this year when I'm back for CAMAROFEST IX!
NOTE: I can't speak for the staff, I didn't interact with them. And NO ONE should use an auto car wash on their whip if they care about the looks of the paint. That's like washing your car with a rag full of sand. Pay someone to wash your stuff back at the hotel, or get the exercise and do it yourself.
THIS PLACE IS GREAT for do-it-yourself washing. Just my 2 cents.

Exit 22 off of I-65

Kaizer_911 07-04-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trublucamaro (Post 10562711)
I realize there are going to be crews back at the hotels to wash vehicles, and I for one would recommend them, but there is an alternative in town that I was impressed with back in 2017 when I was last there.

The do it yourself stalls at SPEEDWASH USA at 4882 Scottsville Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42104. This place is heaven. 5 STARS. Warm water? Almost HOT water? Do they store it on the roof to get warmed by the sunlight? Who knows. The warm water and soap used to clean the car is a bonus in my mind. The timers on the pressure washer are the longest I've seen, and I'm coming from Florida. I brought my own cleaning buckets and wash towels, rinsed the car off, filled my bucket with my soap (BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND WASH for the win!) and their hot water from the pressure washer, and had to wait forever for the time to run out. You definitely get your money's worth in time the washer is on. I washed my car by hand, not one person came up and bothered me about my own stuff. Then I dropped money in again and rinsed the whole thing down. Superb.

ALSO: They have a vacuum area that is covered. I mean it's UNDER a roof. No rain, no hot sun! I've never seen this. This place has got it going on, and will get my business again this year when I'm back for CAMAROFEST IX!

NOTE: I can't speak for the staff, I didn't interact with them. And NO ONE should use an auto car wash on their whip if they care about the looks of the paint. That's like washing your car with a rag full of sand. Pay someone to wash your stuff back at the hotel, or get the exercise and do it yourself.

THIS PLACE IS GREAT for do-it-yourself washing. Just my 2 cents.

Exit 22 off of I-65

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD DAB 07-04-2019 11:34 AM

I agree. I’ve used this car wash each time I attend Camarofest in Bowling Green.

KirkH 07-04-2019 12:36 PM

Just to let everyone know, the crew at the Holiday Inn are high end detailers and also 6th gen owners. We know our way around a Camaro and offer the latest in car wash products and technology!

trublucamaro 07-04-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10562944)
Just to let everyone know, the crew at the Holiday Inn are high end detailers and also 6th gen owners. We know our way around a Camaro and offer the latest in car wash products and technology!

That’s why I caveated my statement with get it done at the hotel. Sometimes the wait or the scheduling isn’t optimal. Just options brother.

KirkH 07-04-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trublucamaro (Post 10562952)
That’s why I caveated my statement with get it done at the hotel. Sometimes the wait or the scheduling isn’t optimal. Just options brother.

Totally understand. Some folks don't let anyone else wash their car. Some folks don't want to spend that much money also.

13BlackCamaroSS 07-04-2019 07:34 PM

There can never be to many options, good info to pass along, thanks.

mlee 07-05-2019 08:33 AM

Great thread... I have no idea how I'm going to clean my car running from place to place but it has to be on TV at noon Wed there.

hrpiii 07-05-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10563398)
Great thread... I have no idea how I'm going to clean my car running from place to place but it has to be on TV at noon Wed there.

just wash one side of it and only show that side on TV. :D

If I was there, I would be more than happy to address the cleanliness of it, but won't get there till about 3p on Wed.

KirkH 07-05-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

I will get there in time to take care of it if you are at the hotel.

mlee 07-05-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10563424)
I will get there in time to take care of it if you are at the hotel.

That might work. We actually have 3 news programs to be on but only one has the cars at Noon on Wed. I'm thinking since I'm trailering it won't be bad. Just some touch up.

But that's assuming it's clean when I leave :lol:

01pewterz28 07-05-2019 09:44 AM

Good to know I will need to wash the Yukon once I get in from the road trip :D

Baldman 07-05-2019 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

:bow::bow:

wildchevy 07-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10562944)

just to get a idea what go you charge for your services do you have a menu?