CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Switch v6 to ss front end (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556137)

ron8879 06-10-2019 11:07 AM

Switch v6 to ss front end

so I'm trying to decide if I want to get the sema grill in black to sport up the front end of my V6 or if it would almost be as easy to just place an SS front end on......so my question is, has anyone done this and if so how complicated is it? :thanks:

Bumbleboy92 06-10-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron8879 (Post 10540896)
so I'm trying to decide if I want to get the sema grill in black to sport up the front end of my V6 or if it would almost be as easy to just place an SS front end on......so my question is, has anyone done this and if so how complicated is it? :thanks:

Personally, the SEMA grill to me looks best for our car. But knowing the price, it's probably really close in price to do one or the other.

It'll fit but the issue would be if you've never taken your bumper off it can be confusing and difficult.

Check out Lethal's video(s) of taking off his bumper along with the Gen5DIY video on installing the headlights as that's a good bumper removal tutorial as well.

You're bottom DRL's will not fit the SS bumper though, so you'll need to buy new SS DRL's and if the bumper you buy doesn't come with anything then a new bottom grill will need to be bought along with some other things.

Easiest solution and probably a little cheaper is the SEMA LT grill as that's a direct replacement for the current bottom grill, meaning you'll only have to take the bumper off and install the new grill.

ron8879 06-11-2019 03:07 PM

that seems to be this issue. The sema grill isnt cheap by no means.....if someone has a front bumper in red hot at a reasonable price, I would think the price would be close.... either way I think it will look super sharp as I'm not looking to pose as an SS but enjoy the sportiness of the SS front end and wheels......

Airfuel 06-11-2019 03:24 PM

Purely cosmetic and sorry, most people will think you are posing imho.

ron8879 06-11-2019 03:59 PM

and that is something that I am trying to figure out since they make zl1 front end conversion kits for SS models..... are those owners who choose to switch seen as posers as well?
If not, why would I get heat for v6 to SS more than SS to ZL1? :iono:

Fast02Z06 06-11-2019 04:45 PM

Your car your dime do as you wish BUT yes coming from a V8 owner you will definitely catch plenty of flack for posing or being a "wanna be" imho leave your car as it is and don't be a poser.

Bumbleboy92 06-11-2019 04:47 PM

IMO, I think you're fine as long as you don't slap on a SS or ZL1 badge

Also, there's this guy who is selling a red SS front end, maybe message him about the exact color and see how much he's selling for

Camaro_QC 06-12-2019 08:33 AM

I wouldn't swap if it was my car because I don't like to pretend I have something else than what I really have(especially if it is higher end).

I'd go with the SEMA grill, and yes it is pricey... That's why I didn't change it yet.

ron8879 06-12-2019 12:05 PM

I appreciate all the feedback. I will probably go for the sema grill only because of simplicity. Finding someone in the Midwest selling the exact color not from a wrecked vehicle is seeming tough. As for the posing; all are entitled to their opinions. I've never looked at someone who put a ZL1 front end on an SS and thought poser....only if they badged it as well.....no badge no problem. I loooove the V6. Its an amazing engine but enjoy the styling of the SS better.....lordy down the road if I decide to do a ZL1 hood some heads might explode HAHAHA

ron8879 06-12-2019 12:06 PM

:respekt:Thank you all for the feedback. :) :respekt:

protovack 06-14-2019 12:11 AM

seems like a lot of money and time spent, I would never do it.

ron8879 06-14-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protovack (Post 10544202)
seems like a lot of money and time spent, I would never do it.

def understand. For me I enjoy the thrill of the customizing.... always trying to find something different than whats been done...but always very low key enough that people really have to know the vehicle to know why its different. I'm weird like that :noidea:

Neymar 06-22-2019 11:26 AM

Dude I have a 2016 rs and I put the zl1 front end on it as well as the 305 30 20 wheel set up and also the zl1 1pe wing on my car and I have rs badges all over it’s not about being a poser it’s about what looks good and just because it’s a 6 cylinder doesn’t mean it has to look like shit because when my car was basic it looked like shit, and I have the 2lt rs but that’s just my opinion man but do as you please, guys are still gonna say “it’s a v6” 😂 lol but do what makes you happy man

LT4Greg 06-23-2019 11:39 AM

If you put a SS or ZL1 front clip on a V6 model Camaro it won’t make worth more in value! The vin number tells the story of the car and that’s what the dealers and insurance companies go by. But to each his own and I too think people who do this are posers that are trying to make their car into something it’s not.