CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   How often does your car get attention? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581156)

ModernCamaroZ28Fan 09-02-2020 11:55 AM

How often does your car get attention?

What do you drive, and how often do people comment on your vehicle? What kind of attention does it get? Does it turn other dudes' deads, does it turn the ladies' heads? What do people say when they approach you to comment on your car?

Nothing like an SS 09-02-2020 12:08 PM

I get all kinds of attention in my SS 1LE. Instant attention when I start it, many heads whip around fast to see what just exploded! lol

I get much while driving too, thumbs up, appreciative nods, and of course, the occasional obvious disgust as I am burning all this fuel and making so much noise.......

Always those that wish to challenge and race, which I don't do on the streets, so I ignore them or just smile and wave as they blast off by themselves.

99% of the time it is compliments and positive from interested to awe struck. All good. Nice car, wow this thing is awesome, and those kinds of things.....

It's the extra LEO attention I like to avoid, so far, they don't seem to pay too much attention, and I don't give them a reason to!

HCI2000SS 09-02-2020 12:11 PM

In my case I own a 2018 RS V6 Camaro (my daily) and a completely built 700 hp 2000 SS Camaro. The 18 V6 with it's various appearance upgrades actually looks cooler in many ways, and attracts a different attention than the SS. Overall the SS attracts more attention though since it's insanely loud, has super wide tires, etc...

KenMaro 09-02-2020 12:19 PM

2019 Garnet Red 2SS with Kalahari interior.

Usually someone, male and female, will compliment the color and as they get closer they see the brown interior.

The interior gets the most compliments. I have not tinted my windows (I drove it stock my first summer with plans of doing tinting this second summer but Covid put a hold on those plans) so many times I will get people checking out the car and asking/complimenting on the interior color.

The start up has had quite a few people turning their heads while walking down the side walk near my work... and I am a little embarrassed to say that I scared an older couple on my way into work one day with the rev match on and dropped a gear coming up to a stop sign. I forgot I had the rev match on as I was rolling through and the couple both turned as quickly as they could to see what the noise was.

kropscamaro16 09-02-2020 12:27 PM

when i first got it and was bone stock i got compliments all the time because it was new and people had never really seen them around the funniest was the angry 5th gen guys that would pull up to me

4 years later ive been threw 3 sets of wheels and pretty sure these are the brightest ones ive ever had and my car is pretty loud so it gets plenty of attention

95 imp 09-02-2020 12:29 PM

I couldn't get more attention if I was the pope....

Most of the time it's stares/drools. A few people give me the thumbs up/comment/ask about it.

I've even had a chick at a gas station park her car and ask me to take her for a ride.

It happens every time I take her out though.

jb_camaro_2ss 09-02-2020 12:29 PM

I get the occasional nod and thumbs up while driving. Whenever someone starts a conversation with me, more times than not they compliment the color of the car. Arctic blue metallic looks like silver in pics, but in person the hint of blue shines through in the sun. Someone even asked me if the paint is custom. I have yet to see another ABM Camaro in person.

Mustangs love to rev at me. They love to ride my bumper or pull next to me to see if I will take the bait. Dodges and BMW's love doing this too. Other Chevy owners don't seem to do that.

I get the most attention going to the drive thru to pick up food. They always have compliments when handing me my food.

RyanR623 09-02-2020 12:37 PM

Mine has an Anderson Carbon fiber hood with the power bulge, looks aggressive and fantastic with matching black rims and ZL1 1LE spoiler. Turns heads everywhere i go. Funny enough at the gas station i get both compliments and "what kind of car is that?". I even had an older gentleman ask me how much it cost.

gtfoxy 09-02-2020 01:21 PM

All the time.

My bank teller loved my SS, told me every time I went through the drive through. Wife told me the other day she said she thinks I’m going through a mid-life crisis.:laughabove:

Azerlazer26 09-02-2020 03:07 PM

Maybe once in a blood moon will I have somebody ask me about the car or give me a thumbs up. Almost feel like I got more attention with my ‘17 Accord Touring and that car was 100% bone stock...

delthawk5 09-02-2020 03:25 PM

Mine is crush orange, so uh, it does get a lot of side looks. Specially since its the facelift nobody likes/has.

S.Macias 09-02-2020 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
With the modifications done, both exterior and interior, I get a lot of attention. Most of the time it's another sports car who sees me and decides to race (even though I don't) which causes them to perform some unsafe maneuvers. Mustangs tend to be the worst around where I live.

Most days, driving to work, I get 5-6 head turns, a couple smiles, someone chunking up the deuce.. and that's just what I blatantly notice. I'm sure there's more. Older people tend to stare the hardest. Usually when I step out at the gas station the person opposite the pump of me will usually comment. The kid at Taco Bell the other day loved it.

Overall, it's an attention getter.

nancygrl 09-02-2020 03:45 PM

Mostly compliments, but then I get the occasional a-hole in XXX ('stang, challenger, or supped up import) and they want to race or show their ass by downshifting and gunning it down the road. I just shake my head laugh, and let them go.

Silveradoss573 09-02-2020 03:45 PM

2015 AGM 1LE here. Car gets more attention then I would really like to be honest.