CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Windscreen Review--Is it Worth it? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471869)

mjk923 10-31-2016 10:46 PM

Windscreen Review--Is it Worth it?

Just got my new 2016 2SS convertible. Planning on mostly top down driving. Not my daily driver. The GM windscreen is quite expensive. Aftermarket options look sketchy. How much of an improvement is it, is it worth it? Any comments appreciated.

UPDATE-- I bought it and really tested it out last week. I live near Portland Oregon which is famous for clouds and rain. But last Wed., Thurs., we had a massive heat wave. 85 and sunny. Took it out to the high desert for some windscreen testing. No one for miles Wed. afternoon. Ran it up to 125 and still quiet inside. The most amazing part of the run is if you are cruising along at 90 and mash it, it's like getting launched. You think its gonna spin the tires! A very enjoyable day.

c4racer 10-31-2016 10:51 PM

Worth it. Every. It as good as the factory BMW 3 series screen that sells for similar $

I found it for around $400 shipped no tax. Not so bad.

Transforms the car. Makes it completely useable with top down at 70mph.
Get one. You won't be disappointed. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the car !

2006Moy 11-01-2016 05:44 AM

It works very well.

classicrockr 11-01-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c4racer (Post 9385047)
Worth it. Every. It as good as the factory BMW 3 series screen that sells for similar $

I found it for around $400 shipped no tax. Not so bad.

Transforms the car. Makes it completely useable with top down at 70mph.
Get one. You won't be disappointed. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the car !

"Completely usable"? I've had the top down at 75-85 mph & didn't think the wind noise was that bad. Please explain what you don't like about it with the top down at higher speeds & what difference the windscreen makes.

Chickenshift 11-01-2016 08:11 AM

I really like mine. It considerably decreases the wind turbulence at speed. Even at 80 miles an hour there is very little turbulence. Without it, you get a lot of wind coming in from behind your head. It is extremely simple to install or take out. Takes me about 15 seconds. Folding it is kind of a pain but when I take it out I usually just stand it in the garage. It can remain in place with the top up or down. The only time I take mine out is when I have passengers in the rear seat.

Biggdummy 11-01-2016 11:32 AM

It's worth it! It even looks nice.

AmericanMike 01-29-2017 09:13 AM

I am close to pulling the trigger on this wind screen. Only concern I have is how it fits with the seat all the way back. I am a tall guy and drive with the seat back so far that the back of my seat touches the front of the back seat so there is zero leg room. I also have it reclined somewhat. I am trying to determine if that position is blocking the alignment between the two mounting dimples on the sides which may not allow for a proper installation. Does anyone own this wind screen and drive with the seat fully back? Thanks.

GroundhogSS 01-29-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 9530535)
I am close to pulling the trigger on this wind screen. Only concern I have is how it fits with the seat all the way back. I am a tall guy and drive with the seat back so far that the back of my seat touches the front of the back seat so there is zero leg room. I also have it reclined somewhat. I am trying to determine if that position is blocking the alignment between the two mounting dimples on the sides which may not allow for a proper installation. Does anyone own this wind screen and drive with the seat fully back? Thanks.

I drive with it all the way back and a bit of recline. No problem. Probably a little more than an inch of clearance with the seat in the exit mode, down and back. It kills the wind pretty good unless there is a strong cross wind. On cooler days we just roll up the windows, even though I don't like how that looks.

AmericanMike 01-29-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundhogSS (Post 9530681)
I drive with it all the way back and a bit of recline. No problem. Probably a little more than an inch of clearance with the seat in the exit mode, down and back. It kills the wind pretty good unless there is a strong cross wind. On cooler days we just roll up the windows, even though I don't like how that looks.

Thanks for the data!! Definitely helps me pull the trigger. Just wish there was a FIFTY version of this but can't find one.

2006Moy 01-29-2017 11:24 AM

It fits perfect whatever seat position. I love it with the windows up on them colder days and heater going your cab stays nicer than without it. Stops that rear to front wind blast on you.

slather 01-29-2017 01:25 PM

Yes, it works.

Camaro6Dave 03-29-2017 05:12 PM

Just got the factory windscreen for my 2016 Camaro 2SS convertible, big improvement on the wind swirling around in the cockpit. The only complaint is that the instructions that I got with mine suck.

I figured out the install, but my only question is when you want to put the windscreen down do you just push it down, or do you need to push in a button/tab before putting it down???

GroundhogSS 03-29-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro6Dave (Post 9642845)
Just got the factory windscreen for my 2016 Camaro 2SS convertible, big improvement on the wind swirling around in the cockpit. The only complaint is that the instructions that I got with mine suck.

I figured out the install, but my only question is when you want to put the windscreen down do you just push it down, or do you need to push in a button/tab before putting it down???

When I want to fold it back when the top is up, I just push back on the cross bar at the top and it goes right on back.

Bigdog9586 03-30-2017 10:00 AM

Top down at 70 if I put up the windows zero wind in the cabin. Windows Dow about 70% less.
Dealer said I'd love it when I bought my 17. Said if I didn't he'd buy it back for what he charged me. Needless to say I still have it.