CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297)
-   -   Is Gmpartsonline.net reliable??? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611246)

HusainMeer 11-13-2022 01:55 PM

Is Gmpartsonline.net reliable???

I have been wanting to order some OEM z/28 parts from them but I am a little skeptical since they have no phone number.

Bigdumogre 11-13-2022 07:02 PM

I ordered the lumbar assembly after mine broke and it was genuine parts and decent delivery time.

Camaro2ss2010 11-13-2022 07:33 PM

I’ve ordered multiple things from them. All OEM parts.

sdynak 11-13-2022 08:13 PM

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gmpartsonline.net

arpad_m 11-13-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdynak (Post 11252615)

Out of curiosity, I checked trustpilot reviews for gmpartsdirect.com. As a preamble, I've been using this parts source since 2017 and they never disappointed once, even when the occasional mistake was made, they rectified it, and communication has been practically seamless. They even check part fitment and confirm with me each time there is a potential mismatch, plus they notify me when a part is on backorder, then request my input and modify the order to make sure other parts in the order aren't stuck behind the backordered one, and I could go on and on.

Their reviews, however, paint a picture of a dysmal and horrible company, which simply does not reflect my experience through many, many transactions with them, even though I'm a nobody who sometimes orders $5 parts and practically never anything above $500.

As a consequence, I put zero confidence into these reviews, the site seems to be a vent magnet for whiners.

2SS Capt 11-14-2022 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11252640)
Out of curiosity, I checked trustpilot reviews for gmpartsdirect.com. As a preamble, I've been using this parts source since 2017 and they never disappointed once, even when the occasional mistake was made, they rectified it, and communication has been practically seamless. They even check part fitment and confirm with me each time there is a potential mismatch, plus they notify me when a part is on backorder, then request my input and modify the order to make sure other parts in the order aren't stuck behind the backordered one, and I could go on and on.

Their reviews, however, paint a picture of a dysmal and horrible company, which simply does not reflect my experience through many, many transactions with them, even though I'm a nobody who sometimes orders $5 parts and practically never anything above $500.

As a consequence, I put zero confidence into these reviews, the site seems to be a vent magnet for whiners.

People are 99% more likely to take the time to write a review when they are pissed off vs. when they have had a great experience, hence many reviews are far more likely to be negative than positive, whether you are looking for a cold air intake or some damn fine local sushi... Take it all with a grain of salt...

sdynak 11-14-2022 04:22 AM

I thought it was helpful the review pointed out the name and number of the actual supplier. Might be worth trying that if any concerns first.

Buyer beware! If you can wait 2 to 3 weeks for shipping
This company is horrible about shipping. I ordered a part they had in stock September the 14th and did not receive it till September 28th. No notifications were given of the delay. I contacted them numerous times with only prefabbed responses. Would not recommend. They are actually Charles Clark Chevrolet company out of McAllen Texas 78501. Their phone number is 1-800-934-8234. You cannot find the phone number anywhere online to contact them. Buyer beware.

arpad_m 11-14-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdynak (Post 11252672)
I thought it was helpful the review pointed out the name and number of the actual supplier. Might be worth trying that if any concerns first.

Buyer beware! If you can wait 2 to 3 weeks for shipping
This company is horrible about shipping. I ordered a part they had in stock September the 14th and did not receive it till September 28th. No notifications were given of the delay. I contacted them numerous times with only prefabbed responses. Would not recommend. They are actually Charles Clark Chevrolet company out of McAllen Texas 78501. Their phone number is 1-800-934-8234. You cannot find the phone number anywhere online to contact them. Buyer beware.

Yes, many, if not all, of these *gm*parts*.net/com sites are simply portals of dealership parts departments.

The one I use, for example, is actually Flow Automotive in Winston-Salem, NC, but then they don't exactly hide this information, it's right there on the landing page of gmpartsdirect.com. The one in the OP is less forthcoming, though, they only state they are a parts department in McAllen, TX.