CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Engine trouble with procharger (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565356)

1Fasthitman 11-17-2019 04:28 PM

Engine trouble with procharger

Just installed procharger supercharger on 2018 V6 camaro. Followed manual to a T. Procharger flashed the computer with a tune and should be good to go. Cant get engine to run more than a minute or two. Been emailing back and forth with Procharger for a week or so and can't find problem. Double and triple checked connections and vacuum lines. Handheld scanner shows normal readings from maf and map sensors. Gas pedal has little effect when engine is running. Have the P1400 code that relates to cold start problem. Intermittently get codes for low voltage on both banks of O2 sensors and numerous misfires. Havent found anything accidentally knocked loose during install. Anybody have any ideas where to go with it now?

Trochoidal 11-17-2019 09:53 PM

Although I’ve had my MAF disconnected a couple times and re-connected with no problem I’d check to make sure it’s not rotated 180°. IIRC there was a video from one of the tuners showing that connector can be connected wrong. If that’s true, I was lucky twice.

I believe there’s a square shape that indicates the direction on the connection.

EDFHOBBIES 11-19-2019 01:37 PM

Definitely check the maf and that harness that came with the kit that plugs into the Maf and map.. Storm"the 1st centri on a v6 had a problem in those areas a long with it taking out her AC compressor.

dgriff14 12-02-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Fasthitman (Post 10662521)
Just installed procharger supercharger on 2018 V6 camaro. Followed manual to a T. Procharger flashed the computer with a tune and should be good to go. Cant get engine to run more than a minute or two. Been emailing back and forth with Procharger for a week or so and can't find problem. Double and triple checked connections and vacuum lines. Handheld scanner shows normal readings from maf and map sensors. Gas pedal has little effect when engine is running. Have the P1400 code that relates to cold start problem. Intermittently get codes for low voltage on both banks of O2 sensors and numerous misfires. Havent found anything accidentally knocked loose during install. Anybody have any ideas where to go with it now?

Similar here but with the Edelbrock SC. I’m getting code P16f3 and the gas pedal doesn’t work at all. I clear the codes, start the car, engine revs really high, and then idles. My car hasn’t moved for a week now.

oldman 12-05-2019 09:36 PM

this is what I'd do, disconnect belt to procharger flash it back to stock see if it runs. I broke in both of my engines with no supercharger on just a filter bolted to the intake tube, new procharger setup uses stock box so no issue there either.

oldman 12-05-2019 09:37 PM

also check vacuum leaks, did you connect up the brake booster? How about the lines that need to be moved when you moved the vac pump?