CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Do you think the car (or cars) are already on Belle Isle? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408271)

HuJass 05-14-2015 12:24 PM

Do you think the car (or cars) are already on Belle Isle?

Do you think the car (or cars) are already on Belle Isle?

If not, they have to bring them over sometime between now & Saturday morning.
And there looks to be only 1 bridge onto the island (unless they can bring them over by barge).

I would be camped out near the entrance (corner of East Jefferson Ave and East Grand Blvd) of that bridge for the next 2 days to possibly sneak a peek before hand.
But they'll probably be brought over in a covered hauler. BUT, they have to come out of the hauler at some point to be staged.

Don't know if the island will be closed on Friday to prevent looky-loos from sneaking a peek.

But what about a good telephoto lens? From the shore of the mainland to where I think they'll have the event, it looks to be about .62 of a mile. Can a large telephoto lens see that distance? Clearly?
It's about the same distance from the Canadian side.

Millertime555 05-14-2015 12:29 PM

I'll bet they're trailering it/them in, under covers. They've kept it on the down-low this long, I doubt they'll take any chances right now.

Bhobbs 05-14-2015 12:30 PM

They will probably trailer them in the day of. I doubt they will risk having the car sitting around days before.

mako22 05-14-2015 12:42 PM

hmmm so we know they will be on that bridge in a trailer....anyone want to attempt a Fast & Furious style hijacking?

90503 05-14-2015 12:47 PM

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/ima...45/1010830.jpg

Go with this.....lol....

hotlap 05-14-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako22 (Post 8421142)
hmmm so we know they will be on that bridge in a trailer....anyone want to attempt a Fast & Furious style hijacking?

They're watching. They're everywhere
:fbodgoul1: :fbodgoul2:

HuJass 05-14-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8421123)
They will probably trailer them in the day of. I doubt they will risk having the car sitting around days before.

They'd have to get there awfully early then, since the event kicks off at like 7:30 or 8 AM.
Unless they bring them in during the event and that's part of the event?

I bet they move them either tomorrow, or overnight Friday into Saturday morning (2 or 3 AM), under the cover of darkness.

If they bring them any time other than during the event, I would expect the bridge to be closed to traffic.

DGthe3 05-14-2015 01:07 PM

At the Fest, GM used enclosed haulers for all the cars they brought and setup usually took a couple of hours to get the cars unloaded, the wheels properly oriented, the car up on the rotisserie, tent setup, tables arranged etc. Its not really something that I envision them doing the morning of. I mean, its possible that they could get it done quickly if they used enough people and everything was there waiting. But the safer approach would be to do it the afternoon before. Then all that has to be done in the morning is a quick wipe down of each car and they're ready to go.

I don't know how or where they're going to do things, but I imagine that the spot they pick on the island to unload the 6th gen will somehow be secluded from prying eyes -before quickly being hidden away again. Its even possibly that the 6th gen itself won't arrive until shortly before the scheduled unveil. The rest of the cars could get there tomorrow, but the 6th gen(s) could easily be unloaded in some random corner of the island while everyone else is checking out the Camaro Museum, talking to the Camaro team, and taking rides in the Z/28.

HDRDTD 05-14-2015 01:11 PM

Odds are, they could bring them over either late Friday or very early Saturday and keep them in an enclosed trailer.

The Camaro will be revealed under a tent, so they'll probably have the car covered at ALL times sitting in the tent with all the sides down (and the car covered) till time for the reveal.

HuJass 05-14-2015 01:28 PM

Just thinking outside the box here (not that I really believe this will happen, mind you), but the cars could already be at the RenCenter, which is real close to that bridge and Belle Isle.

The RenCenter is about 3 miles away from the reveal location.

They could, and like I said, I really don't believe this, they could drive the cars from the RenCenter to the reveal spot.
Think about it, no one will see the car before it gets there. All the media will be on the island.

All the invitees will be staring at the stage waiting for the reveal when the cars come roaring in (or sneaking in) from behind, surprising everyone.

HuJass 05-14-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8421205)
Odds are, they could bring them over either late Friday or very early Saturday and keep them in an enclosed trailer.

The Camaro will be revealed under a tent, so they'll probably have the car covered at ALL times sitting in the tent with all the sides down (and the car covered) till time for the reveal.

This is probably what they'll do.

Big enough tent to fit truck, hauler, & Camaro. All sides are down except one end. Truck in hauler pull in open end of tent all the way to the other end of tent. Open end of tent is dropped. Camaro comes out, is placed, and covered. Opposite end of tent is opened. Truck & empty hauler drive out. Tent end is dropped.
Security all around tent.

bharabs 05-14-2015 01:42 PM

I think they'll pull the 6th Gen out of the trailer at the reveal. Didn't Ford do that with the latest Mustang?

iSHOOTtheMOON 05-14-2015 01:44 PM

They could drive it up to the reveal like they did with the z06
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sR_tSVprGeI

90503 05-14-2015 03:16 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408281

Thought I'd put this here....Not sure what it's all about, but....whatever...