CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Fully Photoshop-rendered and de-camoed front, side and rear 2016 Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381042)

chazcron 10-13-2014 10:51 PM

Fully Photoshop-rendered and de-camoed front, side and rear 2016 Camaro

5 Attachment(s)
I took a stab at a rear de-camo.This time I went full quality by using an actual Camaro photo at a similar angle and grafted it on to the camo shot. By comparison, my initial front de-camo render looks a little rough.

I find grafting a photo to the actual camo image gives a really accurate impression of the stance and proportion of the car, since the wheels are the real deal.

Go ahead and hate on the headlights and taillights, they are only a guess/placeholder. Any critique negative or positive is appreciated, I have thick skin, I can take it. Modify it any way you like. RDesign has already refined the front end. I'll repost it here.

Updated renderings 11/9/14:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1415554474

Updated renderings 11/4/14:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1415077670 http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1415077670

Updated renderings 10/24/14:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1415207598 http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1414246973

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1415207067

Updated rendering 10/16/14:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1413471117 http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1413470119

chazcron 10-13-2014 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is RDesign's modification of my front end.

Attachment 668402

Bhobbs 10-13-2014 11:05 PM

Nice work on the renders but I don't think those are the final head and taillights. They are probably just placeholders for preproduction cars.

Mr Twisty 10-14-2014 12:41 AM

Trunk opening is too small, but looking pretty good :thumbup:

Iroc_Z28 10-14-2014 08:38 AM

Great work, I really like the smooth body lines on the first pic

Z_Rocks 10-14-2014 09:15 AM

Didn't GM at some point said, the 6th Gen is done from ground up? Regardless of these renderings (which did a great job bringing the reality closer), this 6th gen is just a minor evolution (in looks) from the 5th gen.

Not impressed at all.

DenverTaco07 10-14-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 8008016)
Didn't GM at some point said, the 6th Gen is done from ground up? Regardless of these renderings (which did a great job bringing the reality closer), this 6th gen is just a minor evolution (in looks) from the 5th gen.

Not impressed at all.

It is a new car from the ground up, new chassis Alpha vs Zeta, new engine, new everything...

If you are referring to the visual design, GM stated a long time ago that we should expect an Evolutionary NOT a Revolutionary design.

We are getting exactly what they have stated so far.

ssrs2lt 10-14-2014 11:02 AM

Great rendering!

Eich 10-14-2014 11:42 AM

It's a really nice job at rendering for sure. But IF the car looks like that, it feels to me like they sapped all of the edginess out of the car. It looks like a calm, milder, relaxed version of the 5th Gen. Not muscle enough for me.

By contrast, C6 -> C7 Vette, they actually found a way to make the car edgier, more aggressive and overall massively upgraded over the wonderful car it replaced.

MikesZ 10-14-2014 11:52 AM

Great renderings. I'm really liking the look of this car.

ilirg 10-14-2014 12:02 PM

The rendering is good, I don't think the area on the rear bumper above the license plate is so rounded though, I think the camp is doing a really good job of hiding the true lines of this car.

MikeT 10-14-2014 12:14 PM

Really nice work, chazcron. I'm very impressed.

smggugfaw 10-14-2014 12:49 PM

Here's chazcron's render with a TF4 style headlight. (sloppily added)

http://s30.postimg.org/tzt6ao7q9/camro.jpg

hypercarfanatic 10-14-2014 01:10 PM

Your render is beautiful, but sweet damn dem taillights be ugly

I thought the '15's were bad....

Z_Rocks 10-14-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 8008175)
It is a new car from the ground up, new chassis Alpha vs Zeta, new engine, new everything...

If you are referring to the visual design, GM stated a long time ago that we should expect an Evolutionary NOT a Revolutionary design.

We are getting exactly what they have stated so far.

Well taken; Perhaps my anticipation was towards design as well. Just like what the did from Corvette C6 moving to C7. I was hoping a fresher look.

DenverTaco07 10-14-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 8008763)
Well taken; Perhaps my anticipation was towards design as well. Just like what the did from Corvette C6 moving to C7. I was hoping a fresher look.

well...we haven't seen the actual car yet, so....

Also, I'd say that I can't stand the new mustang, but I haven't seen it in person which can be a pretty significant difference, when i see one on the street, i may change my tune.

blahzay 10-14-2014 04:52 PM

Ok Ok.....Ive been one of the biggest 6th gen critics thus far BUT I cant lie, I really like the looks of the white and red rendering above. Hopes of me purchasing a 6th gen have resurfaced. Lol. For Ghits and Siggles, can you make a rendering of the white or red one with a convertible top?

mr02Z/28 10-14-2014 07:49 PM

I like it, I really do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If I was interested in buying another 5th Gen Camaro .....

mr02Z/28 10-14-2014 07:54 PM

I sure do hope GM has us all pointed in the wrong direction and then come up with a Sweet looking 6th Gen .... :)

87GNX 10-14-2014 08:23 PM

Looks too much like the 5th gen.....needs some more pizazz

Q'smuscle 10-14-2014 08:31 PM

It's nice! Except the Chevy SS looking rear! And I wouldn't buy it at all ! If they make a 3rd Gen or a 2nd Gen retro 6th Gen, I'll take it in a sec!

MikeT 10-14-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q'smuscle (Post 8009417)
If they make a 3rd Gen or a 2nd Gen retro 6th Gen, I'll take it in a sec!

Well, considering that the camo'd prototypes look nothing like the 2nd or 3rd gen car, I'm afraid you won't be taking one any time soon.

WHAMMO 10-15-2014 02:03 AM

I really hate it. Im hoping its nowhere near all 'sketch' Ive seen. I still hope...

yenkoman 10-15-2014 07:48 AM

nice work chaz very impressed the rear end though is not what i had expected but i do like the side of it. if you could use this technique on the front end that would be gr8.

SabotAndHeat 10-15-2014 12:52 PM

I dont know. I dont like the shrinking front grill. They are taking away that signature muscle look of a nice big front "jet" intake.

Glad I have my 2010 SS.

RDesign 10-15-2014 01:01 PM

I realize only now that this topic has been created... sorry.

Really impressive the rear view you did !! Good luck for the job your are certainly doing now !

If I can suggest you something about the rear view, side emboss in low area of passenger door gets a step (as I represented in my sketch of yesterday) which increase depth of emboss.

GuitarJozz 10-15-2014 01:59 PM

If these renderings are close to what the final 6th gen will look like, then I'm with those who are unimpressed. They are stepping in the wrong direction in my opinion. Softening the body lines, thinning the upper grille, and slanted tail lights do not work on this style of Camaro. Basically, it's just a shorter, lighter 2014-15 5th gen. That's not evolutionary at all. It's just cut, slightly modify, and paste.

I'll reserve my final judgement for when it's fully exposed, but based off of these renderings, the 6th gen looks as though it will be a bit disappointing in the looks department....

Palutz 10-15-2014 02:20 PM

Great work on the render ... On that note I really hope the rear doesn't look like that because it's not muscle enough for me. I hope the tail lights are a close copy of the Stingray lights because those are beautiful. January can't come soon enough.

chazcron 10-15-2014 04:47 PM

True, I didn't put much imagination into those taillights. Someone can graft on a nicer looking pair. I making good progress on the front clip render. Maybe I'll post progress, maybe I'll wait till it's all done.

RDesign 10-15-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazcron (Post 8010994)
True, I didn't put much imagination into those taillights. Someone can graft on a nicer looking pair. I making good progress on the front clip render. Maybe I'll post progress, maybe I'll wait till it's all done.

I'm so impatient to see the result ! :pop2:

hotlap 10-15-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palutz (Post 8010681)
Great work on the render ... On that note I really hope the rear doesn't look like that because it's not muscle enough for me. I hope the tail lights are a close copy of the Stingray lights because those are beautiful. January can't come soon enough.

Agree and am hoping Chevy heard the mixed reaction to the 14/15 tail lights and took it to heart. Stingray is a winner

Q'smuscle 10-15-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabotAndHeat (Post 8010468)
I dont know. I dont like the shrinking front grill. They are taking away that signature muscle look of a nice big front "jet" intake.

Agree!

Glad I have my 2010 SS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8009470)
Well, considering that the camo'd prototypes look nothing like the 2nd or 3rd gen car, I'm afraid you won't be taking one any time soon.

Well , dang thanx ! My California neighbor!:pout:

KMPrenger 10-16-2014 08:30 AM

Its a great rendering, and seems to match the camo'd car perfectly.

Based on the front end and front/side 3/4 profile I'm thinking "I'll take one!"

Based on the rear end and rear/side 3/4 profile I'm thinking "I'll pass!".

I realize the tail lights will look completely different, but its the weird slanted downward is they go in profile that I'm not sure about. I'm hoping we see something different there, and also the shape of the rear bumper throws me off a bit. Its too soft looking and the lines just don't say "muscle".

I'm hoping we see plenty of good hard lines like the 5th gen and the new Corvette. I don't want a softened up 6th gen. Hear that GM!!! lol

Looking forward to seeing your finished front view!

chazcron 10-16-2014 09:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The wait is over. The front clip render is finished. I used Brunogadget's awesome render as a donor car for the perfect angle match, so credit goes to him and the photographer of whatever image he started with.

ilirg 10-16-2014 09:51 AM

Can't get much closer than that, great job.

ssrs396 10-16-2014 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice job on the front chazcron, but I see a more chiseled look on the sides of the car, more corvettish. I did a screen shot and the overall look on your first renders look a little soft to me. I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise when the car is revealed much like we were with the vette. Now I don't know if the front fender will be vented but this shot suggests it. Also the fender with the dip in the hood give it that slight vette feel. I love it. The side strip under the door definitely mimics the vette. All this yet it still retains the basic Camaro look (muscular, edgy and smooth all at the same time). Anyway that's my opinion.

KMPrenger 10-16-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazcron (Post 8012116)
The wait is over. The front clip render is finished. I used Brunogadget's awesome render as a donor car for the perfect angle match, so credit goes to him and the photographer of whatever image he started with.

Fantastic render! Thanks so much for your time on this.

Not that it is a big deal, but I don't think you'll see the turn signals on the outsides of the lamps, and they will be on the inside. The 5th gen concept had the signals on the outsides, but they had to move it to the insides for safety, or something like that. Can see them better there than if they were on the sides I'm guessing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs396 (Post 8012235)
Nice job on the front chazcron, but I am see a chiseled look on the sides of the car, more corvettish. I did a screen shot and the overall look on your first renders look a little soft to me. I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise when the car is revealed much like we were with the vette. Now I don't know if the front fender will be vented but this shot suggests it. Also the fender with the dip in the hood give it that slight vette feel. I love it. The side strip under the door definitely mimics the vette. All this yet it still retains the basic Camaro look (muscular, edgy and smooth all at the same time). Anyway that's my opinion.

Good post

spratleyea 10-16-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

The closest yet to the actual 16 Camaro great job.

fradaj 10-16-2014 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic (Post 8008485)
Your render is beautiful, but sweet damn dem taillights be ugly

I thought the '15's were bad....

Is it possible something like these taillights are under the camo?

fradaj 10-16-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Based on what they are showing us it should look very much like your render, but I don't think they are showing everything. Hope they can pull off a really sporty looking Camaro.