CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Average Wait Time (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600352)

armycop71 12-20-2021 02:42 PM

I just posted there, thanks. I am hoping my small town dealer isn't blowing smoke up my a$$....

tommcd24 12-20-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcousy (Post 11110840)
Love the colors, white interior goes so well too.

I’m waiting at 10 months and counting. Similar to you, switched from 21 to 22. Being in Canada sucks.

Thank you! The Silver Ice Metallic stripes are super cool! They look white from the front and in bright light matching up with the Ceramic White Interior nicely. From the side/low light they definitely look more silver which plays off the bright silver stock SS rims. They look much better in-person or in that photo than they did from the configurator.

MightyBobo 12-20-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armycop71 (Post 11110918)
I just posted there, thanks. I am hoping my small town dealer isn't blowing smoke up my a$$....

You're welcome! You ordered the day before mine, so we'll see how it goes...

CamaroSue 12-23-2021 12:02 PM

So my dealer said "yes" when I asked if they had a allocation for a Camaro. So, I went over, placed my order and put down a deposit this morning. But they cant put my order in until January 14. I don't even have the six digit order code yet. Not sure this sounds right. I would think if they have an actual allocation my order would be picked up before then. Well, I know LGR closes for a few weeks anyway, so I'll roll with them for now. I'll start looking at other options if I'm still at 1100 on Jan 15.

MightyBobo 12-23-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSue (Post 11112069)
So my dealer said "yes" when I asked if they had a allocation for a Camaro. So, I went over, placed my order and put down a deposit this morning. But they cant put my order in until January 14. I don't even have the six digit order code yet. Not sure this sounds right. I would think if they have an actual allocation my order would be picked up before then. Well, I know LGR closes for a few weeks anyway, so I'll roll with them for now. I'll start looking at other options if I'm still at 1100 on Jan 15.

Shop around, IMHO. I know I replied to your other post already, but in general, they can put in an order anytime they would like and it'd just stay at 1100 status if it wasn't accepted by GM. I got my 6-digit order number before I signed anything from the dealership. If you don't get one of those, your money has gone towards nothing whatsoever until January 14th.

arpad_m 12-23-2021 12:34 PM

^^^ :word:

No order code is suspicious, my salesman gave me mine the moment I placed my order and handed over my credit card for the deposit. It just stayed at 1100 status until GM accepted it.

Blackmonba6Gen 12-23-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBobo (Post 11112080)
Shop around, IMHO. I know I replied to your other post already, but in general, they can put in an order anytime they would like and it'd just stay at 1100 status if it wasn't accepted by GM. I got my 6-digit order number before I signed anything from the dealership. If you don't get one of those, your money has gone towards nothing whatsoever until January 14th.

+1 to this comment. I waited over 5.5 months and I got my deposit back. I did get a order code though when they swiped my credit card beforehand. While you waiting for them, search Chevy inventory with what you wan and you may find a dealer who have your car coming to them and go pick it up if it’s close in distance. Good luck on your build.

MightyBobo 12-23-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen (Post 11112087)
+1 to this comment. I waited over 5.5 months and I got my deposit back. I did get a order code though when they swiped my credit card beforehand. While you waiting for them, search Chevy inventory with what you wan and you may find a dealer who have your car coming to them and go pick it up if it’s close in distance. Good luck on your build.

Definitely search existing inventory. I was able to find builds quite close to mine (and I'm pretty picky), although it did take effort (and it was also going to take a cross-country drive w/ my truck since every f-ckin dealership wants it for trade in...). But then my order got picked up by GM so I stopped looking lol.

CamaroSue 12-23-2021 01:14 PM

Yeah, you guys are saying what I already knew. I've ordered a car before and had the code immediately. It didn't move beyond 1100, but I had the code. I guess at the time, I just thought it was fine to get it on 1/14 - as long as the order was being placed and uploaded.

Blackmonba6Gen 12-23-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBobo (Post 11112098)
Definitely search existing inventory. I was able to find builds quite close to mine (and I'm pretty picky), although it did take effort (and it was also going to take a cross-country drive w/ my truck since every f-ckin dealership wants it for trade in...). But then my order got picked up by GM so I stopped looking lol.

Yeah definitely got lucky while I’m looking at your signature with the timeline. It’s going to be tears of joy when you see it! I’m patiently waiting for mines lol. Kinda :smiling1:

MightyBobo 12-23-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSue (Post 11112110)
Yeah, you guys are saying what I already knew. I've ordered a car before and had the code immediately. It didn't move beyond 1100, but I had the code. I guess at the time, I just thought it was fine to get it on 1/14 - as long as the order was being placed and uploaded.

Ah, sorry, carry on then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen (Post 11112112)
Yeah definitely got lucky while I’m looking at your signature with the timeline. It’s going to be tears of joy when you see it! I’m patiently waiting for mines lol. Kinda :smiling1:

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting back into a fun car. Biggest question will be if I'll keep both of my motorcycles as well.

CamaroSue 12-23-2021 01:43 PM

Called them back and a "manager" said that a lot of people are off today. They will enter the order next week and she expects the order to be picked up by GM on 1/14. Eh, the deposit is refundable. I'll keep my place in line with them for now. But I will listen to the responses and keep looking. I wont find the exact match of what I ordered though.

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas!!!! :happy0180:

CoryZL1 12-23-2021 11:35 PM

I spent a ton of time on these forums before I ordered my 2022 ZL1. I fully expected it to take 6+ months, I was actually hoping it would. I ordered my 2022 ZL1 in October. It was delivered in December. At the same time my dealer accepted a 2022 ZL1 convertible in rapid blue, no pre-order.
This leads me to conclude, those that have been waiting a significant amount of time, is not GM. It is the dealer.b

MightyBobo 12-24-2021 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryZL1 (Post 11112256)
I spent a ton of time on these forums before I ordered my 2022 ZL1. I fully expected it to take 6+ months, I was actually hoping it would. I ordered my 2022 ZL1 in October. It was delivered in December. At the same time my dealer accepted a 2022 ZL1 convertible in rapid blue, no pre-order.
This leads me to conclude, those that have been waiting a significant amount of time, is not GM. It is the dealer.b

The dealer not getting an allocation, or the person ordering options they simply cannot fulfill.