CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   520 at the wheel . Thanks vengeance!! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563838)

Vrodviddy 10-17-2019 04:00 PM

520 at the wheel . Thanks vengeance!!

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to give shout out to mike at vengeance. Guy is an amazing tuner!! Met and exceeded what I was hoping for.

Tsp vvt3 235/239
DOD delete.
Tsp 2 inch headers
Borla exhaust
Rotofab
E85.
And a tickled pink owner at the wheel:cool:

KH6GEN1LE 10-17-2019 09:11 PM

Nice set up! Do you still have the LT1 fuel injectors?

BluinSC 10-17-2019 09:53 PM

How much did install run you?

LARRY01Z28 10-17-2019 10:03 PM

that's awesome congrats

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KH6GEN1LE (Post 10642840)
Nice set up! Do you still have the LT1 fuel injectors?

Thanks. Yes, still running stock. But come spring i will be upgrading fuel in prep for super charger.

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluinSC (Post 10642870)
How much did install run you?

Well about 4kish but thats just in parts because i did everything myself. but if vengence had done it, would of been 8k easy for everything i did. Tune cost 800 total, for base tune and then custom tune for e85. Just fyi if you tune e85 your paying for two tunes because they tune for pump gas and then for e85. Got a 22 hp gain with e85. It was worth it for me, but many don't factor in the tune required. So the fuel sensor was 250$ plus 575 for tune(but again first tune so a custom pump gas tune had not been done yet, would be cheaper if this had already be done). That 825$ dollars for a 22hp gain. So keep that in mind when considering going e85.

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRY01Z28 (Post 10642873)
that's awesome congrats

Thanks man. Tickled pink. Plus having the added pride that i did the build myself.

asthmamax11 10-18-2019 08:20 AM

Mike is the man. He really knows these cars.

gmcvt 10-18-2019 08:52 AM

Nice numbers. Mike is great...he tuned my 10 and is working on my 19 right now. So I assume you are an M6?

KingLT1 10-18-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrodviddy (Post 10642946)
Thanks. Yes, still running stock. But come spring i will be upgrading fuel in prep for super charger.

I am surprised you didn't do drop in piston's while it was apart for the cam install if you are planning on going FI. Would of saved a lot of work down the road. You will be limited to low boost with the cam because the power is going to be into the "roll the dice" territory far as the SBE and how much power it will tolerate.

Either way good numbers and it's nice to see guys doing there own work!! :)

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcvt (Post 10643068)
Nice numbers. Mike is great...he tuned my 10 and is working on my 19 right now. So I assume you are an M6?

Correct. I upgraded the trans-fluid to before hand.

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10643079)
I am surprised you didn't do drop in piston's while it was apart for the cam install if you are planning on going FI. Would of saved a lot of work down the road. You will be limited to low boost with the cam because the power is going to be into the "roll the dice" territory far as the SBE and how much power it will tolerate.

Either way good numbers and it's nice to see guys doing there own work!! :)

Yes, i know. I wanted to. But was on a budget. Plus honestly may be 2 years before i get the supercharger. I'm saving for it. But that will be phase 2 and probably re-bore and everything. But for now i wanted at least the agreesive sound and better throttle response. I'm considering building a spare block on the side and add as i go.

Its very rewarding know I did it and with such good numbers turn out. Thanks.

GAOLDGUY 10-18-2019 11:21 AM

Hey Vrodviddy, I live in Lawrenceville. Do you have emissions testing where you live. I need to pass a sniffer test here in Gwinnett County. What did you do about that? Also, do you mind me asking what you used for documentation on the cam swap? It seems faily complex on these LT1s.

Vrodviddy 10-18-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY (Post 10643190)
Hey Vrodviddy, I live in Lawrenceville. Do you have emissions testing where you live. I need to pass a sniffer test here in Gwinnett County. What did you do about that? Also, do you mind me asking what you used for documentation on the cam swap? It seems faily complex on these LT1s.

Oh cool your not far at all man. Well if you want some help buy the beers and i got a good wrench hand!!. lol

I am up in dawson county. we have no emissions so i am free reign up here and love it. Dawson county is racing country and home to many nascar celebrates including Bill Elliot. Its in their roots here so pretty sure i'll never have to worry about emissions.

The process isn't crazy bad, but you need to do your research before hand and attention to detail is everything. I am an automation engineer by trade so pretty mechanically incline and done alot of work on various cars in the past. so felt petty comfortable with accomplishing it. Far as documentation i used several references. I used GM manual mainly, there expensive as hell though, but there are websites where you can rent a digital copy for a few days for like 20$. I screen shot the parts i needed and put them in a file. Second reference was a very well done guide on the corvette forum by a member named Fryreant. Dude put some serious time into this guide and was huge help to fill in the gaps where the GM manual can at many times leave you scratching your head because the illustrations are unclear and sometimes even wrong. Also there is a video out that gives you an idea what it takes, but would not use as a guide cause he takes alot of short cuts that while worked for him can go badly quickly. But the guys youtube channel is "get it at will". I have respect for him doing though. Again just use as a courage tester, to see if after watching you would be comfortable. Lastly torque specs!!! So freaking important!! Have a guy im trying to help, but he may of trashed his engine due to not following proper torque specs when it came to his valve train. Then drove it like so. Good little cheat sheet i found listed below for quick reference of every bolt. I'll list all my references below.

https://www.repairprocedures.com/ser...100306584.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-guide.html

https://paceperformance.com/files/pd...rque-specs.pdf

Important tips from my experience.

If you buy a kit from tSP or anywhere really. Just because it comes with pushrods. don't assume there the right ones!! These don't take in account if you had heads shaved or whatever else that may effect this. Always check your preload for hydraulic lifters and torque to spec.
32% fuel lobe.. got to do a lash cap on fuel lifter. make sure its .060. Most kits come with .080 and are to thick. This will sheer your fuel pump bolts and send it flying.
Radiator removal. God i cant stress this enough. Do it the right way and remove front fresica. See alot of people try to take it through the top, not only does this possibly damage the radiator but it actually makes it harder in the end. The condenser not required to be disconnected. used bungi cord to hang it out the way. Just fyi, 400$ to recharge your system so avoid it if you can. Found that out the hard way. lol.

4. This can be done with engine in the car. I did it this way. But it did have its challenges and in hindsight, probably would just pull the engine if i had to do it again. Takes dropping one thing and your pulling the engine anyways. lol.

Can not stress this enough. If this is your daily driver.. DON'T DO IT!! My car has 9k miles on it cause its not my daily. It took me two months with my car on jacks in my spare time to get this done. ( i work alot plus have a handicap hand that really slows me down). Takes proffesionals that do this daily 12 hours to finish. If its your first time, i would triple that easily.

6. oh last tip... most important!! Make sure your garage fridge is always stocked with cold beer. You will get frustrated many times!! lol.