CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Lt4 blower swap (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567981)

2016SDSS 01-08-2020 09:04 PM

Lt4 blower swap

I picked up a weapon x kit second hand and am looking for a set of instructions before I get started. Does anybody have a set they could help me out with? Thanks

KingLT1 01-08-2020 11:14 PM

I believe some just used the Magnuson install guide being there is no instructions for the LT4 swap. Some things are different and but a lot of it relates.

2016SDSS 01-09-2020 07:40 PM

Sounds good. I’ll give that a shot

Heater 01-11-2020 01:46 PM

I had the Magnuson, Whipple and Edlebrock instructions printed, with almost no mechanical experience i was able to get it done. If you have any specific questions on the swap as they come up i am happy to help!

2016SDSS 01-11-2020 04:02 PM

Awesome. I apprehended offer. Planning on getting started in a couple of weeks. Need to grab a couple replacement seals yet

biker2k 01-12-2020 08:19 PM

so when you do one of these kits how do you address the vacuum bypass...
my understanding is that it is electronically controlled in the zl1 how do you adapt that to work ….

Heater 01-12-2020 10:29 PM

It is electronically controlled on the zl1, however I have it removed and capped off. Installed 14k miles ago

biker2k 01-12-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heater (Post 10698378)
It is electronically controlled on the zl1, however I have it removed and capped off. Installed 14k miles ago

so you are always under boost...

im trying to figure out if there is a way to adapt the lt4 setup to my eforce 2300
mine is vacuum operated and sometimes feels like an on and of switch, I'm waiting for a nitrous jet to put in my vacuum line to slow down the effect and that might work but it seems to me that the electronic control is the way to go, however I see that could get complicated real fast, so just wondering about how people with the lt4 swap kits do it..

Heater 01-12-2020 11:27 PM

there is more info on the c7 forums, i would dig around a bit if it concerns you.

It has worked fine for me, I get 20 mpg on trips from phx to vegas and phx to la driving aggressively but unfortunately driving around town is a different story, mpg suffer

Eldi Z 01-13-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heater (Post 10698378)

Who tuned the ECM? Is it done with HP Tuners?
Is there a way to maintain the electronically controlled bypass?
Are you running on 93? Which kind of boost levels and RWHP do you see?

Heater 01-13-2020 07:27 PM

I am running 91 for now and should be on e85 soon after i get everything installed. For now my boost is a bit higher than i would like at 9psi since i have the limited octane and my timing is severely retarded so i am only putting 530 whp. Tuned via hp tuners.

Check out this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546724

It looks like BlueCamaro6 was able to wire it in on his swap but I really haven't looked into it much because it is working fine as is.

Eldi Z 01-13-2020 07:46 PM

Thanks Heater for this input.
Does it mean that your bypass operates as it does on a stock ZL1, despite the fact that you did not wire it to the ECM like BlueCamaro6 did? Otherwise, how can it work for you?
What about the IAT #2 that he managed to wire up as well?
I shall be following your build as it goes along...getting interested in the LT4 swap alternative.
Why are you running only 91 and not 93? You could pick up some safe RWHP by being able to advance ign. timing a bot higher.

Heater 01-14-2020 12:35 AM

Not exactly, well not at all actually, i have the bypass completely plugged off so it doesn't work like the zl1. However, I don't get 9psi the entire time my car is driving when the rpms are low the rotors move so slow that the boost is very low and then quickly builds with rpm. For IAT2, i used the adm harness with the map.

I live in AZ and we do not have 93 :(

Eldi Z 01-14-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heater (Post 10699207)
Not exactly, well not at all actually, i have the bypass completely plugged off so it doesn't work like the zl1. However, I don't get 9psi the entire time my car is driving when the rpms are low the rotors move so slow that the boost is very low and then quickly builds with rpm. For IAT2, i used the adm harness with the map.

I live in AZ and we do not have 93 :(

So nowhere in your area you can get even a single station with higher than Octane 91?? That is bad news :mad0259:

Anyway, did you get the complete installation "kit" from ADM (Andy M)?
If so, can you provide information as to completeness of the components included, meaning: Was everything you needed for the conversion included?
If not, which additional parts did you have to source by yourself?

What about the blower itself? Did you get it from Andy M as well? Is it a take-off from a ZL1 / CTS-V, or a Z06?

Finally, how did you go about the installation? As far as I am aware, ADM does not provide a "manual", nor does WeaponX....