CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Al addressing the m6 bog issue (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522686)

midas@bellnet 03-08-2018 05:05 AM

Al addressing the m6 bog issue

is Al going to address this issue?

Gen6 softtop 03-08-2018 05:23 AM

It's been answered in the ask AL section. Long story short your putting big power down so the car is finicky for getting a good launch. Even their test drivers took multiple attempts to achieve their results

ZED SLED 03-08-2018 06:45 AM

Basically says we don't know how to drive a manual
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520373

pwells18 03-08-2018 07:45 AM

MY Trackhawk doesn't bog when i floor it from a stop..with or without launch control..the answer is b/s- it shudnt bog..gmafb..

Gen6 softtop 03-08-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwells18 (Post 10100681)
MY Trackhawk doesn't bog when i floor it from a stop..with or without launch control..the answer is b/s- it shudnt bog..gmafb..

Track hawk is auto correct? The main bog issues are for the manual which I see you have. Once you introduce a clutch, and elsd that's more factors to get a car to launch. And the big one seems to be the human factor lol. Assuming you get it moving off the line good than I believe the diff comes into play. I'm sure an after market tune would fix

Boost or bust 03-08-2018 10:23 AM

He provided us with nothing more than a politically correct answer that basically said that we were correct it bogs on purpose in order to save the transmission during hard launch. I think he forgets that they were multiple lawsuits for the Corvette cooling problem and that if enough of us been together we could make this an issue for General Motors as well. If my personal decision is to beat the heck out of my car and break things and don’t have them warranty then so be it but I don’t want General Motors engineering into their product and telling me what to do . At least be upfront with a warning notice to all buyers that they can’t launch hard with this car it will just fall flat on its face. this applies to both automatics and manual transmissions. :emoticon1::emoticon1::emoticon1:

6spdhyperblue 03-08-2018 10:27 AM

The only problem I have is them trying to encrypt them so we have trouble tuning them and accessing tables. If they are gonna build these parameters in let us remove them in exchange for our warranty

pwells18 03-08-2018 10:40 AM

perfect response..well done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boost or bust (Post 10100861)
He provided us with nothing more than a politically correct answer that basically said that we were correct it bogs on purpose in order to save the transmission during hard launch. I think he forgets that they were multiple lawsuits for the Corvette cooling problem and that if enough of us been together we could make this an issue for General Motors as well. If my personal decision is to beat the heck out of my car and break things and don’t have them warranty then so be it but I don’t want General Motors engineering into their product and telling me what to do . At least be upfront with a warning notice to all buyers that they can’t launch hard with this car it will just fall flat on its face. this applies to both automatics and manual transmissions. :emoticon1::emoticon1::emoticon1:

:happy0180:

NicD 03-08-2018 01:09 PM

You have two options,
1. Sell the car if you don't like it or can't get used to it and buy something else
2. Tune the computer and get rid of torque management but don't expect them to warranty anything after the fact since you've modified it

This is nothing new, torque management has been in place on just about every manufacturer vehicle since the 90s in one form or another to help keep components alive.
You already have the option to void your warranty and get rid of it via the aftermarket or just have fun driving your car as is.

ZED SLED 03-08-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicD (Post 10101125)
You have two options,
1. Sell the car if you don't like it or can't get used to it and buy something else
2. Tune the computer and get rid of torque management but don't expect them to warranty anything after the fact since you've modified it

This is nothing new, torque management has been in place on just about every manufacturer vehicle since the 90s in one form or another to help keep components alive.
You already have the option to void your warranty and get rid of it via the aftermarket or just have fun driving your car as is.

Can you enlighten us as to a tuner who can do this, because all we've heard so far is crickets?

Boost or bust 03-08-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicD (Post 10101125)
You have two options,

Everybody tuner i have spoken with remains unable to remove TM. I have even challenged vendor sponsors of this forum...no-go. Don thank get me wrong, I love the car, and am glad I did not buy it with drag racing in mind. But many did, and they are now unable to explore the full potential of the car.

soceur77 03-08-2018 02:40 PM

so what did vengeance do to their car because the vid showing off the 1100hp car didn't bog off the line at all?

6spdhyperblue 03-08-2018 02:47 PM

Yeah fasterproms is getting it done with their manual atsv too

grampa_ss 03-08-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soceur77 (Post 10101233)
so what did vengeance do to their car because the vid showing off the 1100hp car didn't bog off the line at all?

The video I saw...they had the A10