CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Air Conditioning Issues (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451958)

pjz1082 05-10-2016 04:03 PM

Air Conditioning Issues

I am so disappointed that I felt the need to share. I have had my 6th Gen for 5 weeks now and of that, I've driven it for maybe 3. The air conditioning randomly goes from blowing cold air to warm, with no reason found to date. The dealership has already replaced a wiring harness and is now in the process of replacing some other parts of the unit. They also managed to chip my door the last time it was there so they are supposed to repair that too. The scary part is they don't seem to know what really is causing the problem. How long do I let this go on? Lemon Law in my state says if it's in 4 times i should qualify. This is the 3rd trip back.

How long do you guys think I should let this go? And should I be asking for some kind of compensation? I'm paying for a car I can't drive.

Thanks for listening...:pout:

SSport16 05-10-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjz1082 (Post 9084387)
I am so disappointed that I felt the need to share. I have had my 6th Gen for 5 weeks now and of that, I've driven it for maybe 3. The air conditioning randomly goes from blowing cold air to warm, with no reason found to date. The dealership has already replaced a wiring harness and is now in the process of replacing some other parts of the unit. They also managed to chip my door the last time it was there so they are supposed to repair that too. The scary part is they don't seem to know what really is causing the problem. How long do I let this go on? Lemon Law in my state says if it's in 4 times i should qualify. This is the 3rd trip back.

How long do you guys think I should let this go? And should I be asking for some kind of compensation? I'm paying for a car I can't drive.

Thanks for listening...:pout:

That stinks! I would definitely ask for compensation, especially if it has been at the dealer the whole time. Good luck.

Camaro36 05-12-2016 10:07 AM

My AC decided to turn off randomly this week for a brief period. Once I was able to
Come to my destination and turn off the car I turned it back on and it decided to start working. Kinda scary.....I'm praying that was just a weird hiccup.

pjz1082 05-12-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro36 (Post 9088207)
My AC decided to turn off randomly this week for a brief period. Once I was able to
Come to my destination and turn off the car I turned it back on and it decided to start working. Kinda scary.....I'm praying that was just a weird hiccup.

That's exactly what happens to mine. Once I turn off the vehicle and restart, the AC is fine. I will keep you updated as to what happens in case you have the same issue.

Camaro36 05-13-2016 05:49 PM

Yeah keep me updated. It has only happened to me once. How many times has it happened to you?

Also when it did happen, my heated and cooled seats wouldn't turn on. I want to say none of the buttons on that panel worked. Does that sound familiar?

MovieGuy 05-13-2016 08:48 PM

I made the Ford dealership repair the paint they damaged on my Mustang twice. I always inspect the car before I leave the dealership.

pjz1082 05-15-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro36 (Post 9091195)
Yeah keep me updated. It has only happened to me once. How many times has it happened to you?

Also when it did happen, my heated and cooled seats wouldn't turn on. I want to say none of the buttons on that panel worked. Does that sound familiar?

It happened to me pretty much daily. And every time I would have to restart the car and it would go back to blowing cold air. I just got the car back and they replaced an hvac sensor this time. We'll see if that does the trick. They also repainted my door. Overall I'm not happy with the dealership and will not be buying another car from there, ever. Here's hoping it's finally fixed and I can enjoy the car finally!

pjz1082 05-15-2016 03:30 PM

My car is a base 1LT so I don't have any of the heated or cooled seats.

gdespaux 05-17-2016 10:08 AM

Just curious if your engine heats up as well? Apparently water entered the harness for the cooling fan in mine causing it to not kick on at all. Didn't realize at first since it runs fine while driving and the AC would just get warm at red lights. Once it overheated at idle I got it towed in to dealer. Waiting on them to fix it :noidea:

pjz1082 05-17-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdespaux (Post 9097805)
Just curious if your engine heats up as well? Apparently water entered the harness for the cooling fan in mine causing it to not kick on at all. Didn't realize at first since it runs fine while driving and the AC would just get warm at red lights. Once it overheated at idle I got it towed in to dealer. Waiting on them to fix it :noidea:

No, I didn't have any over-heating issues. I've had the car back for 4 days now and the ac has been behaving. Mine appears to have been a defective sensor. I will try to update this thread later with the exact part they replaced.

pjz1082 05-27-2016 11:20 AM

Just an update, the dealer replaced the HVAC control module and it worked ok for about a week. Now it's back to going out every day. Car is back in the shop again for the 4th attempt to repair. It also seems like the dealer is doing everything possible to not tear apart the dash to get at the HVAC wire harness. I have a feeling that will need to be the next step though. So much for a "new" car

pjz1082 05-31-2016 04:15 PM

Latest update: the dealer actually got the AC issue to happen while hooked up to their computers. They will need to replace the HVAC temp actuator on the left side of the system. This is the part that they thought it was to start with but GM tech told them it wasn't...go figure.

Anyways, a couple days to get the part, couple days to install and test, hopefully i will have the car back by this weekend. Fingers crossed. I am apparently the only person in the country to have this issue so far but something tells me I won't be for long. Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future! I will continue to update with any new info.

vetteman 06-02-2016 03:11 AM

I have same issue and they can't fix it - good luck.....please post if they fix it and how they did it

its gonna be a recall soon I'm sure.

pjz1082 06-02-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteman (Post 9127148)
I have same issue and they can't fix it - good luck.....please post if they fix it and how they did it

its gonna be a recall soon I'm sure.

The dealer has replaced the actuator and I go to pick up the vehicle tomorrow. I will post again soon with any updates. The dealer said they were able to replace the part without tearing apart the dash like GM told them too.