Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   need urgent advice (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431851)

Suvant 12-04-2015 02:01 PM

need urgent advice

so my 2015 ss just stopped in the middle of the road while i was driving.
i just got back from a week vacation and i wanted to drive the car, it was fine for the first couple miles then the car stopped in the middle of the road. i towed it to the dealers and now theyre saying its contaminated with water and its not covered under warranty they want ove 1000 dollars to fix it.. can someone advice me what to do? are they ripping me off? is there a cheaper way?

Dizzy82 12-04-2015 02:13 PM

Will it turn over? Was it raining out? Did the engine simply cut out or sputter then die?

Suvant 12-04-2015 02:15 PM

it might have been raining.. im in san diego its been pretty cold here the past couple weeks and no it didnt just die... it kept sputtering and making a weird thrusting noise.. i kept trying to start the car and again the engine kept making a thrusting noise.. it even went to drive at one point but then stopped again..

Jakey2SS 12-04-2015 02:31 PM

What's contaminated with water? Do you have a cold air intake and went through a gigantic puddle? Something isn't adding up here

Snoman 12-04-2015 02:32 PM

Dealer is not responsible for water in the gas tank if I remember correctly. In Texas, you can call DOT and they will come test the station suspected of 'bad gas' within 72 hrs (There are severe penalties for pranking a station - do not do it). Don't quote me on the language 'bad gas' while on the phone with them, there are specific situations which allow them to come test immediately. Since DOT is Federal, I recommend calling your local office and consult an attorney before allowing the dealership to repair the vehicle. Only in so much so that your attorney can work with the dealership to document the repair properly for your civil lawsuit against the gas station. The station should have liability insurance for this, hopefully.

Dizzy82 12-04-2015 02:38 PM

Did you recently fill up with gas? What station? Any mods?

Billy10mm 12-04-2015 02:42 PM

Couple of points:

If you tell us what sounds and motions the car was making ... we really can't help with a diagnosis. A code reader is about $15 off Amazon, invest in one and send us the codes (or Google them yourself).

In the future, when the motor starts acting up: SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. Trying to keep an unhealthy motor running is ALWAYS the worst possible choice. Do not restart it, just call for the tow, it's cheaper in the long run.

Spec 12-04-2015 03:26 PM

Might be something your insurance company will need to handle...

Billy10mm 12-04-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec (Post 8770599)
Might be something your insurance company will need to handle...

Insurance covers collision, theft, fire, and damage. Does NOT cover mechanical or electrical issues of any kind.

HyperV117 12-04-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey2SS (Post 8770491)
What's contaminated with water? Do you have a cold air intake and went through a gigantic puddle? Something isn't adding up here

OP we need an answer to this. I'm in cali so i doubt you drove through anything deep since we haven't had rain in weeks.

Did you happen to see any smoke coming out of your tail pipes when this happend?

MikosV6 12-04-2015 08:26 PM

Do you have a locking gas cap? Perhaps it was vandalism and somebody put water in your gas tank.

homewrecker 12-05-2015 04:13 AM

Pm me what dealer you sent to in San Diego.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

snarky 12-05-2015 04:31 AM

if you are not a two post troll bot then maybe someone put water in your tank while you were on vacation? in that case open your wallet.

Suvant 12-05-2015 01:20 PM

hey sorry i didn't reply earlier. no im in san diego i didn't go through any deep puddles... my mom had been driving my car before we left. she said she put 89 grade level fuel.. i always put 91 premium. i went to the dealership and they had one guy turn the car on and off while the other took some fuel out from the front of the car.. it looked very watery and had some red stains i took a small sample.. im gona try to call my insurance company and have them talk to the dealership figure something out... someone recently stabbed my tires when my car was parked outside of my house on the streets and i had to pay 350$ for that.. so someone couldve put something in the gas tank too but the car was parked in our drive way and i dont think anyone would go in there.. were installing cameras around our house soon. my gas cap doesnt lock so that couldve happened.. the guy at the dealership told me call my insurance and ill do that this morning! i dont know what else to do...