CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Placed an order with a dealer promised an order # now reneged, opinions? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609900)

BigBlock69RS 09-28-2022 10:15 PM

Placed an order with a dealer promised an order # now reneged, opinions?

Placed what I thought was an order with a reputable local dealer recommended by the local costco for a zl1 1le. Dealer claimed they got 4-5 allocations a year and it would be 6-12 months wait. Promised me an order number and a copy of the workbench report on next Thursday.

After I signed and gave them a 500 deposit, crickets for two weeks, calls not returned, finally escalated to the sales manager and rep calls me after 20min says he will get me an order number. Still a week goes by and finally the sales manager checks with his gm and tells me once they get an allocation only then will I get an order number.

I told them not the deal, I want my order number like promised or my money back. And an allocation is not required to put an order in the system. And I don't mind waiting for an allocation.

Am I mistaken or being unreasonable here?

Any opinions on a next step?

Thanks!

SATINSTEEL1LE 09-28-2022 10:36 PM

Get your money back and find another dealer. This time make sure they have an allocation - which at this point is about impossible. But call around, out of state even.

BigBlock69RS 09-28-2022 10:51 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Satin.

But an allocation isn't required to put an order in is it? It will just stay in status 1100 until the dealer gets an allocation no?

I don't mind waiting, just don't want to wait for naught.

DemonZL1 09-28-2022 10:58 PM

Very odd, an order number can be produced before the allocation is even given.

WhiteMale 09-29-2022 07:02 AM

I think that you're right, I think that you should walk away, the writing is on the wall there in that regard. I tried this with a nationally known BIG name (cough...Hendrick) and those guys had not a clue what they were doing and I ended up walking for somewhere else.
You should definitely get an order number and the print off, I really don't think that there should be any deposit until they get the allocation and can move past 1100.

Camaroguy67 09-29-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS (Post 11235391)
Thanks for the suggestion Satin.

But an allocation isn't required to put an order in is it? It will just stay in status 1100 until the dealer gets an allocation no?

I don't mind waiting, just don't want to wait for naught.

They should have given you the workbench before you left. I built and ordered my car 5/13 and was given the workbench order before I left the dealership. It took 4 months before they got an allocation on 9/9. Definitely go elsewhere.

WhiteMale 09-29-2022 07:38 AM

I remember getting a workbench but no order number, at the time I thought it was foul and contributed to me getting out of it when they too wanted $1K deposit but it took like 60 days to fool around with them.

22SS1LE 09-29-2022 08:27 AM

Move to another dealer. When I originally put an order in for a 23. I got my order number same day. It should be created at the same time they put the order in the system.
Sounds like this dealer is just trying to trick you into buying from them and might be a long wait if they dont get any allocation.

Jus Cruisin 09-29-2022 09:06 AM

I'm guessing they don't want to deliver a 1le at Costco pricing.

rst08tierney 09-29-2022 10:13 AM

are you even at 1100?

WhiteMale 09-29-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin (Post 11235489)
I'm guessing they don't want to deliver a 1le at Costco pricing.

Possibly a great point, probably not getting whatever ADM they want on a ZLE.

BigBlock69RS 09-29-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rst08tierney (Post 11235518)
are you even at 1100?

Nope they seem to be refusing to put it into the system until they get an allocation. Which was not what they told me to sign.

I have no order number or workbench report, but they have my $500 :(

Thanks for all the replies as well, I'm going to insist I get my money or my order number.

L2SS455 09-29-2022 10:41 AM

First off. Getting and zl1 1le is going to be hard to get. Not all dealers will get (allocation) one. I ordered my 2022 2SS at MSRP with / slight discount and the Dealer required no deposit, as a matter of fact would not take my deposit when offered and had my workbench ordered signed off by me and the dealer that day. You are going to have to hunt down that allocation for an zl1 1le if you don't want to miss the opportunity of getting one before it's too late. I have previous posts on how to do that. Hit the link under my signage. Good Luck!

ZL1 1LE 09-29-2022 10:55 AM

An order # (1100) without an allocation is absolutely meaningless. Perhaps, name the dealership and see if anyone else has any experience with them being trustworthy or not.