CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FenwickHockey65's Great Thread of GM Knowledge (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296229)

snizzle 05-20-2021 12:04 PM

The Yukon Denali interior is a big step up from the base. I guess it should be at nearly a 20 grand premium.

FenwickHockey65 05-24-2021 01:53 PM

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/05...he-first-time/

Sierra HD MCE.

Royal Tiger 05-24-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 11015548)

Are they going to make the Silverado less ugly? The Sierra looks way better already. Isn’t the Ram #2 now in sales? :brokenheart:

FarmerFran 05-24-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 11015568)
Are they going to make the Silverado less ugly? The Sierra looks way better already. Isn’t the Ram #2 now in sales? :brokenheart:

RAM passed Chevy and GMC individually but not them together.

Royal Tiger 05-24-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 11015570)
RAM passed Chevy and GMC individually but not them together.

So sad. Didn’t think that would ever happen.

snizzle 05-24-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 11015588)
So sad. Didn’t think that would ever happen.

GM was too conservative on the twins. Ram came out swinging and it showed. GM also focused less on fleet, put less money on the hood of each truck, and probably oversold brand loyalty.

Bhobbs 05-24-2021 05:46 PM

Ram has things like the Power Wagon, the Rebel and the TRX. Add in the interior upgrades and stuff like that, it’s no wonder they are making a serious push in the market.

GM is too conservative and formulaic with their products. They should have had a Silverado ZR2 out years ago.

FenwickHockey65 05-25-2021 09:52 AM

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/05...he-first-time/

3rd gen Colorado

KMPrenger 05-25-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 11015940)

About time!!!!

90503 05-25-2021 10:15 AM

1970 called...They want their wheels back...lol

FarmerFran 05-25-2021 11:20 AM

I am surprised they sunk all that money into the Colorado when they are going "all electric".

Martinjlm 05-25-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 11015940)

That has got to be one of the most comprehensive camo jobs I’ve ever seen. Can’t tell nuthin’ from those shots. Except the wheels. Fingers crossed that they’re just dummies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 11015991)
I am surprised they sunk all that money into the Colorado when they are going "all electric".

2035 is 14 years away. Enough time for an updated platform and a refresh. For profitable vehicles. And remember, 2035 is “aspirational” ;)

KMPrenger 05-25-2021 02:58 PM

Interesting to note. On the Colorado/Canyon forum I started a thread there discussing these new images of the 3rd gen midsize trucks.

There is a member there who claims to live at the base of Loveland pass and says there is a fleet of 10 or so GM vehicles testing there. He says two of them are the next gen mid-size trucks, or at least he assumes based on their size. He says one of them filled up at the diesel pump, and the other must be a hybrid as he has saw it plugged in, along with the other EV vehicles that are currently testing, but it also has a tailpipe.

So this is an interesting twist as it flies directly in the face of what most websites are claiming, which is that the 2.7 turbo 4 will be the only engine option. (I kind of figured that to be true, except for maybe the ZR2 which I'd suspect will get a higher powered option to battle the Ranger Raptor). Who knows if it's all accurate, but he supplied evidence and pictures of many other camouflaged vehicles there to back up his statements.

Martinjlm 05-25-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 11016098)
Interesting to note. On the Colorado/Canyon forum I started a thread there discussing these new images of the 3rd gen midsize trucks.

There is a member there who claims to live at the base of Loveland pass and says there is a fleet of 10 or so GM vehicles testing there. He says two of them are the next gen mid-size trucks, or at least he assumes based on their size. He says one of them filled up at the diesel pump, and the other must be a hybrid as he has saw it plugged in, along with the other EV vehicles that are currently testing, but it also has a tailpipe.

So this is an interesting twist as it flies directly in the face of what most websites are claiming, which is that the 2.7 turbo 4 will be the only engine option. (I kind of figured that to be true, except for maybe the ZR2 which I'd suspect will get a higher powered option to battle the Ranger Raptor). Who knows if it's all accurate, but he supplied evidence and pictures of many other camouflaged vehicles there to back up his statements.

I no longer forecast GM for IHS Markit, but one of the last things I had to wrestle with was what GM might do to replace the 2.8D in Canyon / Colorado. I put a 2.0 L4 version of the 3.0 L6 Silverado / Sierra Diesel engine in the Colorado / Canyon forecast. I’m more focused on our consulting activity now, but I talk to the forecasters almost daily and I’m pretty sure they haven’t changed that entry.

As for the plug-in vehicle with a tailpipe, I’ll bet dollars to donuts that the tailpipe is non-functional.