Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hard to believe - 11 years ago today - camaro concept! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480004)

fbodfather 01-09-2017 09:15 AM

Hard to believe - 11 years ago today - camaro concept!

1 Attachment(s)
eleven years ago today we unveiled the Silver Camaro Concept Coupe to the world at the North American International Autoshow in Detroit. Doesn't seem quite possible -- and yet in other ways I guess it does. The fight was long and hard to get the Camaro back in the lineup -- especially prior to 2005--- so many reasons it went away and had to stay on hiatus for a while - guess it's time to write a book!

Chris Livote, one of the Camaro Disciples - snapped this picture of me shortly after the announcement --my smile says it all -- it was one of the best and proudest days of my life. (....I had a lot more hair back then...........) GREAT DAY INDEED!!!

fbodfather 01-09-2017 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic taken later in the year......

flipstyledsm22 01-09-2017 09:23 AM

I'm glad the Camaro came back. You all did an awesome job with the 5th gen! I've been reluctant to the 6th gen, but I'm slowly coming around. Keep up the good work!

NC_SS 01-09-2017 09:27 AM

I'd like to read the corporate decision to keep an icon off the market

That said very glad the 5th gen is here

qcman 01-09-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 9495672)
another pic taken later in the year......

That pic of the car still looks bada$$ed even now! Glad you could bring the Camaro back to us!

fbodfather 01-09-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC_SS (Post 9495686)
I'd like to read the corporate decision to keep an icon off the market

That said very glad the 5th gen is here

believe me -- there were some very good business reasons WHY the car had to go on hiatus esp looking at it from 1999-2001 perspective -- I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but it's a weaving of stories that create the reasons....

SSEssence 01-09-2017 09:35 AM

The concept that started it all, I fell in love at first sight!

O.F. 01-09-2017 09:38 AM

I've owned 5 of them. Thank you for the 5th Gen. They just keep getting better!

Pace 01-09-2017 09:38 AM

I was hooked on silver from that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8_XTzankM

justjoshin 01-09-2017 09:51 AM

:jaw:<-- me when I first saw the concept

MrChrisLS3 01-09-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 9495695)
believe me -- there were some very good business reasons WHY the car had to go on hiatus esp looking at it from 1999-2001 perspective -- I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but it's a weaving of stories that create the reasons....

I can only imagine. I remember selling new Chevy's in 2004, just after the C6 was revealed. This was the point where a lot of what GM had been working on was becoming evident to the public, which I'm sure started at GM long before then.

It seems it's one of those, "things happen for reason" deals. If the Camaro had remained, it's difficult to guess how it would've continued to evolve from the 4th gen. However, with it going away for a bit, it created a 'clean slate' and the outcome was an absolutely stunning car, top to bottom. It's one of those rare designs that just looks great from every angle. With just about any other car, I see it from a couple of different angles and think, eh, or " I wish they would've done this or that". But not so much with the 5th Gen Camaro, it's just right on the money. Y'all did a fantastic job with this car, inside and out. Thanks for your hard work, it makes my drive into work the highlight of my day, lol.

flipstyledsm22 01-09-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 (Post 9495739)
I can only imagine. I remember selling new Chevy's in 2004, just after the C6 was revealed. This was the point where a lot of what GM had been working on was becoming evident to the public, which I'm sure started at GM long before then.

It seems it's one of those, "things happen for reason" deals. If the Camaro had remained, it's difficult to guess how it would've continued to evolve from the 4th gen. However, with it going away for a bit, it created a 'clean slate' and the outcome was an absolutely stunning car, top to bottom. It's one of those rare designs that just looks great from every angle. With just about any other car, I see it from a couple of different angles and think, eh, or " I wish they would've done this or that". But not so much with the 5th Gen Camaro, it's just right on the money. Y'all did a fantastic job with this car, inside and out. Thanks for your hard work, it makes my drive into work the highlight of my day, lol.

:amen:

GodWentPunk 01-09-2017 09:59 AM

I too fell in love with the car when I first saw it... From that point forward, I said that it would be my next car. It was not until March of 2016 that my dream would have come true. I think the Camaro is back to stay and I hope for another 30 years of success in its development and evolution.

Superman09 01-09-2017 10:04 AM

I can still remember seeing the silver reveal car, and the day I got to sit in the yellow ctf car at the Houston auto show. I absolutely love my 5th gen and smile like a little kid on Christmas every time I get in it.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.