CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro Driving Academy! (updated 2020) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562911)

mlee 09-30-2019 07:14 PM

Camaro Driving Academy! (updated 2020)

2 Attachment(s)
Area 27 Camaro Driving Academy had a successful first year the dates are now set for 2020

2020 Schedule

I cannot wait to do this one myself... Check out the website by clicking the flyer for all the details.

E-mail them or just post up here if you have any questions...:thumb:

VIDEO

Attachment 1005795

Email: Academy@Area27.com

http://www.area27.ca/academy-27/

Attachment 1005806

aloppen 09-30-2019 08:29 PM

Area 27 Camaro Driving Academy

My favorite track in North America! Just across the US Border in British Columbia, Area 27 is a phenomenal course, with some very technical corners, plenty of elevation change, and exciting straights. Great staff, professional driver instructors, and they are Camaro fanatics! Check out their website for details.

mlee 10-01-2019 07:48 AM

^^^^ Look who popped back in. Cheers buddy... :happy0180:

I look forward to hitting up this course. Seems every time an instructor jumps in with me they know nothing about our cars. Porsche drivers who want to take our heavy cars on the wrong line etc. This will be a welcomed change.

First thought was bringing my own car, but this makes it so much easier with the distance from Houston. Plus I won't have to add a set of tires to the mix.
Fly in and have a few days of track fun and no doubt learn a lot.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 10-01-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloppen (Post 10630733)
My favorite track in North America! Just across the US Border in British Columbia, Area 27 is a phenomenal course, with some very technical corners, plenty of elevation change, and exciting straights. Great staff, professional driver instructors, and they are Camaro fanatics! Check out their website for details.

:thumbup:

......With this recommendation....:first:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10630987)
^^^^ Look who popped back in. Cheers buddy... :happy0180:

I look forward to hitting up this course. Seems every time an instructor jumps in with me they know nothing about our cars. Porsche drivers who want to take our heavy cars on the wrong line etc. This will be a welcomed change.

First thought was bringing my own car, but this makes it so much easier with the distance from Houston. Plus I won't have to add a set of tires to the mix.
Fly in and have a few days of track fun and no doubt learn a lot.

....I would :wub: to join You!

:happy0180:

:becky:
Becky

Petrol Head 10-01-2019 09:32 AM

I just google mapped this. Only a 35 hour drive from my house :smiling1:

But wait, isn't the break-in period 2,000 miles? I can take delivery and head up there right from the dealer, and be broken in and ready to track by the time I get up there! :D

J/K I wouldn't use my own car anyway. But this looks exciting. It's a little late in the year for me to plan something like this but does anyone know if this is a permanent track? Will it be open next year or is it just a temporary thing?

mlee 10-01-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10631064)
I just google mapped this. Only a 35 hour drive from my house :smiling1:

But wait, isn't the break-in period 2,000 miles? I can take delivery and head up there right from the dealer, and be broken in and ready to track by the time I get up there! :D

J/K I wouldn't use my own car anyway. But this looks exciting. It's a little late in the year for me to plan something like this but does anyone know if this is a permanent track? Will it be open next year or is it just a temporary thing?

This is just the last dates for THIS season before cold weather sets in up there, but definitely back next year.

You must use their cars for this one, which after thinking about it would be the best way to go.

detltu 10-02-2019 11:02 AM

I would love to do this!

chevybill 10-02-2019 11:30 AM

Looks great.

Might as well be on Mars, it's so far away and so expensive.

mlee 10-06-2019 06:53 AM

Check out the video...

https://vimeo.com/364430773

L78toLT1 10-06-2019 08:44 AM

Damn, I'd love to do this but I have a previous obligation that I just can't get out of.
Mlee, after you complete this course, you will be so fast that I'll never be able to stay glued to your rear bumper at next year's CamaroFest track day lol!

mlee 10-06-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78toLT1 (Post 10634535)
Damn, I'd love to do this but I have a previous obligation that I just can't get out of.
Mlee, after you complete this course, you will be so fast that I'll never be able to stay glued to your rear bumper at next year's CamaroFest track day lol!

Yeah, I need all the help I can get. :lol:

This location is crazy far for me, but using their cars makes it pretty easy to fly there. Maybe hit up Vancouver and hit up some winery's on the way there.

L78toLT1 10-07-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10634555)
Yeah, I need all the help I can get. :lol:

This location is crazy far for me, but using their cars makes it pretty easy to fly there. Maybe hit up Vancouver and hit up some winery's on the way there.

Very interested to hear your impressions of this course. My wife has offered to send me to a high performance driving school for a 2nd anniversary present (I did good the 2nd time around). This would be perfect and we could combine it with a tour of Vancouver and surrounding area.

mlee 01-18-2020 09:26 PM

Thread Updated

Just updated the thread with this year's dates.

If anyone is interested get with me and we make get a group together.

vtirocz 01-18-2020 09:57 PM

This looks really good, but also very expensive (~$4195 Canadian, $3210 USD) for the 2.5 day class. I would really love to do this some day, but will be really hard to justify the price for me.