CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Bayed Camaro (4B00 Status) Thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589807)

k0jdd 03-20-2021 10:36 PM

Bayed Camaro (4B00 Status) Thread

Using the VIN numbers in the the official TeamBeckyD order status thread I have been watching the movement of Camaros with "4B00 - Bayed" status (including mine) since the 14th of March.

This week I saw exactly one car move on the 17th from the Grand River Plant to a railyard.

I wonder if the shipping department is also 'shut down' while the line is idle. The movement of ANY car during the week, like the one I observed, seems to discount that idea. I personally think they would want to get them flushed out of there.

On the other hand, it is also possible that with the line shut there aren't enough cars coming out to fill rail cars headed to common destinations/transfer points, so the shipper is just letting them sit.

I really don't have a large enough sample size to draw any conclusions either way. That's where you come in.

If you have a Camaro at 4B00 status please post your VIN so I can add it to my tracking list and I'll post updates whenever something changes.

adamcars 03-21-2021 10:01 AM

Can you monitor VIN: 1G1FF1R7XM0133281
Been in transit to my dealer for weeks now.

k0jdd 03-21-2021 10:50 AM

This one is interesting. It is currently at some intermediate destination in Lansing. Been there since Feb 25.

This is an LT1. I am not certain, but I suspect there is a bit of up-fitting done to this model after it rolls off the line. (to install LPO items or something like that) You might check with the LT1 subgroup guys to see if they know more about that.

It might also be worth your time to call Chevy Customer Service and ask them what they know about it.

I will keep an eye on it in any case.

---

PS - Looks nice https://www.reynoldsgm.com/VehicleDe...-VA/4765457303

adamcars 03-21-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0jdd (Post 10977358)
This one is interesting. It is currently at some intermediate destination in Lansing. Been there since Feb 25.

This is an LT1. I am not certain, but I suspect there is a bit of up-fitting done to this model after it rolls off the line. (to install LPO items or something like that) You might check with the LT1 subgroup guys to see if they know more about that.

It might also be worth your time to call Chevy Customer Service and ask them what they know about it.

I will keep an eye on it in any case.

---

PS - Looks nice https://www.reynoldsgm.com/VehicleDe...-VA/4765457303

I've got a deposit on it but the lease program and incentives may change on April 1, so I don't want to chance not getting the good LT1 lease deal. My dealer is looking at current inventory to get now instead of playing the waiting game. Will keep all posted...

Z28COP 03-21-2021 10:36 PM

update

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcars (Post 10977368)
I've got a deposit on it but the lease program and incentives may change on April 1, so I don't want to chance not getting the good LT1 lease deal. My dealer is looking at current inventory to get now instead of playing the waiting game. Will keep all posted...

Jack Cooper shows this!

ddivinia 03-21-2021 11:50 PM

My Zl1 is still at the rail yard. Hope it heads to Atlanta soon.
D.

adamcars 03-22-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z28COP (Post 10977748)
Jack Cooper shows this!

But what does it mean? Will it be at the dealer by end of March?

ddivinia 03-22-2021 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My dealer shot me a screen shot of the tracking on their side. Wish we had access to this site so I didn’t have to wear them out asking. :-)

D.

k0jdd 03-22-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcars (Post 10977775)
But what does it mean?

It means it left the Assembly plant. Your dealer could attempt to determine where it is, and why, but I doubt they will make the effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcars (Post 10977775)
Will it be at the dealer by end of March?

I would not bet on it. A better question might be will the lease incentives be extended or is there something you can sign NOW to lock the lease in. Another dealer conversation.

k0jdd 03-22-2021 12:39 PM

I had some spare time this morning and I made two calls.

First I called Jack Cooper Transport (JCT) to see what they could tell me. The rep I spoke to tried VERY hard to determine the status of my vehicle. 5 stars for him! He was quite puzzled by whatever information he was seeing on his end. His conclusion is that the shipment of the vehicle is being held by GM, and not by JCT, but he had no idea why and he had ran out of ideas on where else to look for an answer.

Next I called Chevrolet Customer Service and inquired about the status of my order.
Got to a CS Rep right away (overseas I suspect), asked for the status of the order, and was then placed on 16 minute hold. All the CSR was able to provide me was the VIN (which I have), and a scripted speech about how "everyone is working to deliver the highest quality product to me, blah blah blah. My dealer will be notified of any status changes and will contact me."

So overall it was semi-useful to call to JCT (I know they are not the hold-up) and a total waste of time to call GM.

k0jdd 03-22-2021 01:12 PM

On a whim I called back to Chevrolet Customer Service and chose the TEXT MESSAGE option in the menu. I fully expected to get the same non-answers and I was not disappointed. Here is the salient point of that entire conversation.

"I currently do not show a hold but the dealership may be able to gather more specifics for you."

My response to that was --- Apparently you have never spoken with a dealership :)

So I will just have to sit tight. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

adamcars 03-22-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0jdd (Post 10978103)
It means it left the Assembly plant. Your dealer could attempt to determine where it is, and why, but I doubt they will make the effort.

I would not bet on it. A better question might be will the lease incentives be extended or is there something you can sign NOW to lock the lease in. Another dealer conversation.

My sales rep says it is waiting on a BCM chip due to the shortages in that field.
Nobody knows for sure if the lease terms will change or my select market conquest offer that does not require a current competitor lease, only a competitor owner.

phill21 03-24-2021 05:57 PM

I dont know if you could check mine. It's a canadian order

4B00 was supposed to be here the march 17 but still not there

1G1FF1R78M0125471

k0jdd 03-24-2021 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by phill21 (Post 10979700)
I dont know if you could check mine. It's a canadian order

4B00 was supposed to be here the march 17 but still not there

This is a strange one. It seems to have moved twice but the sequence does not make sense.

Allegedly it first went from the assembly plant to the CN railyard. But it subsequently it is reported that it went from the assembly plant to Rousch B-50. (They do QA work and fix problems there...)

Since the only entry that has delivery documents is the Rousch delivery, I would take that one as more believable.

Attachment 1062937

source: https://palsapp.com/

Note: If it moved from Rousch and did not go via Jack Cooper Transport we would not see that movement.