CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   BMR Cradle Lockout Kit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568613)

DANACO 01-20-2020 04:25 PM

BMR Cradle Lockout Kit

Any suggestions for purchasing this kit below the MSRP ?

Stephen12ZL1 01-20-2020 04:27 PM

good luck...The kit is stupid expensive for what you get. Check the classifieds here and ebay. BMR occasionally has a sale.

Dan82679 01-20-2020 04:50 PM

Get the GM oem zl1-1le cradle lock bushings instead.

JonDaddy82 01-20-2020 05:06 PM

The kit is ludicrously priced for what you get, I just installed mine. I got mine from JDP Motorsports on a holiday sale...I want to say it was about 15% off and free shipping.

Badmojo 01-20-2020 06:19 PM

BMR has good black friday and cyber monday deals, but you just missed those.

"Use the coupon code FS6FS when ordering from our website to save 6% off most BMR parts as well as free ground shipping in the lower 48 states."

XXX ZL1 01-20-2020 06:37 PM

It’s well worth it though!

TRZ06 01-20-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan82679 (Post 10704734)
Get the GM oem zl1-1le cradle lock bushings instead.

You can't find them anymore. GM stopped selling them a la carte.

arpad_m 01-20-2020 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10704827)
You can't find them anymore. GM stopped selling them a la carte.

Hm, I still see the kit as available at gmpartsdirect, and they are usually quite quick in responding to stop sales and discontinuations.

Granted, I haven't tried to actually order it, but again, when a part or package is in green status with them, they have almost always delivered.

jvandy50 01-21-2020 07:48 AM

I would message beefcake racing(terry reeves on facebook) and while not Black Friday discounts, he always takes a little off BMR stuff. He is a mustang guy but sells parts for all kinds of vehicles.

Gary H 01-21-2020 08:44 AM

Try Steve at RDPstore or CSP

TRZ06 01-21-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10704924)
Hm, I still see the kit as available at gmpartsdirect, and they are usually quite quick in responding to stop sales and discontinuations.

Granted, I haven't tried to actually order it, but again, when a part or package is in green status with them, they have almost always delivered.

If you can actually get it, great, but according to others on the forum who have tried in the last 6 mths, they were able to place the order, but then later received notice that the order had been canceled.

You can try though.

DANACO 01-21-2020 04:16 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, if the GM kit were available I’m not sure I’d choose that route as it is a very invasive chore to remove the rubber bushings in there now. As I understand it, the BMR kit is fairly easy. I’m not new to this stuff, I’ve got a machine shop, but want to keep it relatively simple.
And yes, I too think the kit it far too expensive for what it is, I could machine those parts myself if I had one to copy ! I understand the work that went into providing their kit but given the numbers they sell I think it’s a bit pricey.

arpad_m 01-21-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANACO (Post 10705506)
Thanks for all the suggestions, if the GM kit were available I’m not sure I’d choose that route as it is a very invasive chore to remove the rubber bushings in there now. As I understand it, the BMR kit is fairly easy. I’m not new to this stuff, I’ve got a machine shop, but want to keep it relatively simple.
And yes, I too think the kit it far too expensive for what it is, I could machine those parts myself if I had one to copy ! I understand the work that went into providing their kit but given the numbers they sell I think it’s a bit pricey.

Haha, I'm sure they know exactly how many people will have the same line of thinking about the invasiveness of replacing the bushings, plus they are probably aware of the general aversion towards having the expensive dealership service dept do the installation.

They also had to figure out how to get most of the advantages without the install complexity when developing their kit. Smart application of the 80-20 rule, I say more power to them, because while the kit ain't cheap, they aren't gouging either.

19SW1LE 01-21-2020 07:39 PM

Not defending BMR but this mod is one if not the best mod for your money. I'm glad that they made this part for the Camaro because I haven't seen any other company making it. And it's not that expensive people, heck most of us spend way more than that on stupid mods.