CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z/28 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Could this be the new Z/28? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538987)

Quinten_33 01-03-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans damm (Post 10400198)
Or the 6th Gen is selling like absolute crap so they brought someone else in to finish a Z28 that will look good. I bet the Auto LT5 Z28 is going to be a monster.

Al O was the Chief Engineer, not Chief Designer. He’s that guy who made the Camaro faster around a track than cars that cost three to five times as much. He is not responsible for making it look good.

mb13 01-05-2019 08:27 AM

"We have launched the final variant of this generation of Camaro, so the time is right," Chevy spokesperson Mike Albano told Car and Driver of Oppenheiser's move.

That statement ther seems to say nothing new this generation of the Camaro. Could they have some secret project, sure but it doesn’t look like anything else new from Camaro 6th gen

Orangeman13 01-06-2019 08:39 PM

I thought GM was killing the Camaro?

Jupiter 1 02-08-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangeman13 (Post 10403227)
I thought GM was killing the Camaro?

BLASPHEMOUS!!!

Cut out his tongue!!!

Squatch 02-08-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiter 1 (Post 10431827)
BLASPHEMOUS!!!

Cut out his tongue!!!

Second !

radz28 02-09-2019 02:00 PM

GM doesn't talk about future products, so that might be part of the statement about a final model, but no one knows except for them.

I don't disagree with Al O. making Camaro as good as it is. But - I am left wondering if the direction they went is not popular. Sales, to me, suggest that. And it's interesting that Dodge has come so far forward, after introducing models like the Hellcats and Demons, and now Redeye. I'm wondering is GM just missed the mark on what is popular. Can you make a car that is reasonably good around corners but makes you turn your shorts brown in a straight line? Maybe, as AWESOME as ZL1/E is, it's just not getting interest because the competition has more than 50-almost 200-horsepower more. And I know that no one has yet to get a 9.65 or whatever in a stock Demon, and that ZL1 is at least as fast as a Hellcat, but I don't know that the numbers GM's achieved with Camaro are as appealing to the buying public as Dodge, and soon to be Ford.

And maybe nothing I said is correct and matters, HAHAHA.

tbrennyZL1 02-10-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 10432925)
GM doesn't talk about future products, so that might be part of the statement about a final model, but no one knows except for them.

I don't disagree with Al O. making Camaro as good as it is. But - I am left wondering if the direction they went is not popular. Sales, to me, suggest that. And it's interesting that Dodge has come so far forward, after introducing models like the Hellcats and Demons, and now Redeye. I'm wondering is GM just missed the mark on what is popular. Can you make a car that is reasonably good around corners but makes you turn your shorts brown in a straight line? Maybe, as AWESOME as ZL1/E is, it's just not getting interest because the competition has more than 50-almost 200-horsepower more. And I know that no one has yet to get a 9.65 or whatever in a stock Demon, and that ZL1 is at least as fast as a Hellcat, but I don't know that the numbers GM's achieved with Camaro are as appealing to the buying public as Dodge, and soon to be Ford.

I think a lot of what you said has truth. I think part of it is the general public likes hp numbers and styling. And I would say camaro has the worst style with also the worst visibility (though I think that’s hugely overblown). The cornering/performance of the car is fantastic but I think the big hp/style sell more cars. It’s exactly why I’ve said they should be the first to offer AWD on the V8 cars and see if that traction and acceleration advantage gains buyers. They can try and leap forward past the competition or just keep following.

shaffe 02-11-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 10432925)

I think it was a combination of alot things. Sales wise, to me, it seems Camaro focused to much on performance and styling that left it with shortcomings as a coupe compared to its direct competition.

As far as the Z/28, I think the 5th gen car being what it was put the nail in the coffin for future Z/28s. An all out NA track attack car, there was no NA engine to use, and now that there is the ZLE could they make a Z/28 that is the best track Camaro while keeping it NA? I don't think they can, at least at a price that is still ok for a Camaro.

I think if fans and GM were ok with the Z/28 slotting between the SS 1LE and ZL1 then we could see one. Other than that I don't see one happening.

mlee 02-16-2019 06:47 PM

I don't care what they call it... LT5 + A10 needs to happen.

Tradition on the 1LE just went out the window... NA Z/28 next:iono:

Bhobbs 02-16-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10439032)

Or, this might be a stretch, but GM could come up with a different name, in the absolutely microscopic chance an LT5 Camaro happens.

Artos 02-16-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10439032)

I agree...damn the torpedoes at this point.

Once an A10 LT5 surfaces & depending on the subjective exterior aesthetics, then the decision becomes to mod or trade. Good problem to have I guess. :doh:

mlee 02-16-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 10439040)
Or, this might be a stretch, but GM could come up with a different name, in the absolutely microscopic chance an LT5 Camaro happens.

7th Gen ZL1 fits just fine. I'll take any bet that an LT5 will happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 10439093)
I agree...damn the torpedoes at this point.

Once an A10 LT5 surfaces & depending on the subjective exterior aesthetics, then the decision becomes to mod or trade. Good problem to have I guess. :doh:

That's why I'm not going with the A10 LT4... it would happen just as soon as I pulled the trigger.:smoking:

hotlap 02-16-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10439107)

That's why I'm not going with the A10 LT4... it would happen just as soon as I pulled the trigger.:smoking:

I like the sound of this on many levels.

Gen7
ZL1
LT5 A10

:popcorn:

Bhobbs 02-16-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10439107)

What makes you so sure it will happen?