CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Doing a V6 Build and Needing Suggestions! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590853)

iAmTheKronk 04-09-2021 08:43 PM

Doing a V6 Build and Needing Suggestions!

So I've got my 2019 Chevrolet Camaro with the LGX V6. I'm wanting to move up in the horsepower bracket for a care that I can race on the tracks and strips, and have that car that I can also (maybe) daily drive. Looking for some advice on what I should do or where I should start.

Sidenote- I'm fully aware thar I've got a V6 and not a V8, and all the critiques that come with that. Y'all V8 owners are on a higher step on the perverbial ladder, and that is fine with me. Yeah its gonna be a money-sink with less of a fun payoff than a V8, fully accepting that the day I bought it.

I'm also a bit of a mild neanderthal as far as performance parts goes, so if I seem a bit blank, apologies in advance.

Lastly that I'm straight not going for an E-85 kit. Registered in GA so Emmissions is not a problem. Lets hear it!

Heat Magnet 04-09-2021 09:01 PM

Since emissions aren't an issue on Georgia, basically start from the engine and work your way back to the exhaust. Headers, cam, intake, power adder, test pipes, etc. Whatever people are dumping onto the V8, apply that to the V6.

LT1ornothing 04-09-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAmTheKronk (Post 10989854)
So I've got my 2019 Chevrolet Camaro with the LGX V6. I'm wanting to move up in the horsepower bracket for a care that I can race on the tracks and strips, and have that car that I can also (maybe) daily drive. Looking for some advice on what I should do or where I should start.

Sidenote- I'm fully aware thar I've got a V6 and not a V8, and all the critiques that come with that. Y'all V8 owners are on a higher step on the perverbial ladder, and that is fine with me. Yeah its gonna be a money-sink with less of a fun payoff than a V8, fully accepting that the day I bought it.

I'm also a bit of a mild neanderthal as far as performance parts goes, so if I seem a bit blank, apologies in advance.

Lastly that I'm straight not going for an E-85 kit. Registered in GA so Emmissions is not a problem. Lets hear it!

There are 2 ways to go fast with a 6th gen v6.

1) procharger kit, $5Kish plus custome tune. Add methanol kit for max effort. 500+rwhp

2) spray the f#ck out of it with nitrous, as safely as possible window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, etc. with a stand alone and race fuel in the auxiliary tank.

Both methods will get you about the same power. Anything else you do will be for insignificant gains.

HCI2000SS 04-09-2021 09:56 PM

Besides forced induction of some sort you really are limited. But having a 2018 V6 myself I can say adding a good ported throttle body, and a axle back exhaust has really improved throttle response, sound, and overall fun factor. Doing a good tune as well will really make the car feel more lively and fun

Need4Camaro 04-09-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 10989891)
Besides forced induction of some sort you really are limited. But having a 2018 V6 myself I can say adding a good ported throttle body, and a axle back exhaust has really improved throttle response, sound, and overall fun factor. Doing a good tune as well will really make the car feel more lively and fun

Did you feel any decent power increase?

HCI2000SS 04-09-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10989892)
Did you feel any decent power increase?

Not really any power increase, but definitely throttle response and sound of course. Makes the car feel faster but my 0-60 times haven't changed

seethruya 04-09-2021 10:54 PM

http://oldcarmemories.com/wp-content...kturbov6-1.jpg