CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   I don't know if this makes much sense to me, lol... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605340)

radz28 05-11-2022 12:10 PM

I don't know if this makes much sense to me, lol...

And - I get it's probably just me:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...2#post11172542

That thing can manage a 2650 at 680-HP, and they can't figure out how to stuff one into Camaro?... All the engineering it probably took for frame and chassis stiffening to make that thing put up with that power, and we can't get a damn 2650 to compete with RE and '500s?...

I get Camaro has been dying, but perhaps because GM started pulling out of it so early and doesn't put something together that more of what MOPAR and FURD does. But LOOK... They've hardly done anything exciting after late '17 with announcing ZLE. It's no wonder. Even MOPARs have been outselling Camaros for months.

It kinda :mad2::mad2::mad2: that they'd do something like this, and leave Camaro out to dry. I'm glad I never held my breath on the hopes they would, and just made the car I wanted. I am grateful for that.

Rant over...

Corbs09 05-11-2022 12:20 PM

Yeah, hopefully this means there will be OEM blowers we will be able to toss on our car, but this doesn't make much sense aside from the fact that it shows the bean counters are in control.

xplct 05-11-2022 12:26 PM

Well, Chrysler will finance anyone LOL, one of the reasons there is more of them on the road.

FH212 05-11-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11172607)

That thing can manage a 2650 at 680-HP, and they can't figure out how to stuff one into Camaro?... All the engineering it probably took for frame and chassis stiffening to make that thing put up with that power, and we can't get a damn 2650 to compete with RE and '500s?...

I get Camaro has been dying, but perhaps because GM started pulling out of it so early and doesn't put something together that more of what MOPAR and FURD does. But LOOK... They've hardly done anything exciting after late '17 with announcing ZLE. It's no wonder. Even MOPARs have been outselling Camaros for months.

It kinda :mad2::mad2::mad2: that they'd do something like this, and leave Camaro out to dry. I'm glad I never held my breath on the hopes they would, and just made the car I wanted. I am grateful for that.

Rant over...

I agree.....with all of your rant. 100 percent.

KingLT1 05-11-2022 12:46 PM

My guess is it's because the Escalade sells well so they felt it was worth the R&D.

The Camaro flat out sells like poop.

minn19 05-11-2022 01:01 PM

I’m surprised they did all of that and only 30 more HP is the gain. They are holding that thing way back I assume.

hawk02 05-11-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn19 (Post 11172648)
I’m surprised they did all of that and only 30 more HP is the gain. They are holding that thing way back I assume.

Fueling is probably limiting more HP.

minn19 05-11-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 11172662)
Fueling is probably limiting more HP.

I could see that, but if that’s the case then I guess I’m even a little more confused as to why they’d bother with the rest for the small gain. Seems like there are much cheaper ways to do that with the existing motor.

mariojas 05-11-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11172607)

Rant over...

Same with charger. It drives me nuts that they DON'T CARE ABOUT IT. It supposed to be a family car with stupid engine. Like Durango. Look at Durango - it gets everything new - new dash, new infotainment, it even has angled dash like proper drivers car. Charger? Yeah, new upholstery (not really) and alcantara ceiling. Oh, and Hellcats don't get rear seat arm rest. Hellcat Charger does not have any ADAS stuff, like adaptive cruise control, while Challenger does. Oh, and they removed one of two grocery bags in the trunk too. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Rant over...

TXCSSU 05-11-2022 02:05 PM

Lol, if more people were willing to pay over $100k for a Camaro then I'm sure they would be perfectly ok with making these things possible. GM is all about the status quo. They need to justify charging what they charge for these things. I considered a CT5-V BW, but I didn't see the value in paying an extra $50k for 2 extra seats and 20HP. I'm perfectly ok with being within striking distance of the CT5-V BW and all the other heavy hitters with the extra $20k-$50k in my pocket.

hawk02 05-11-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn19 (Post 11172671)
I could see that, but if that’s the case then I guess I’m even a little more confused as to why they’d bother with the rest for the small gain. Seems like there are much cheaper ways to do that with the existing motor.

I dunno know -- More efficient and less heat going with a bigger blower that doesn't have to spin as fast? Especially if you're going to maintain a 7000 lbs towing capacity and offer it in a stretched version.

But I agree it seems like lot of engineering for only a 32 hp gain.

You know every celebrity will pull up to the red carpet in one of these. Mark my word.

Evansa22 05-11-2022 02:31 PM

No doubt, $100k Escalades sell like hot cakes in so cal. Can't keep them in stock. My father-in-law works at a Caddy dealership here and tells me they don't last long

minn19 05-11-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 11172696)
I dunno know -- More efficient and less heat going with a bigger blower that doesn't have to spin as fast? Especially if you're going to maintain a 7000 lbs towing capacity and offer it in a stretched version.

But I agree it seems like lot of engineering for only a 32 hp gain.

You know every celebrity will pull up to the red carpet in one of these. Mark my word.

True/good points.

Disagree on the celebrity thing. They’ll have them in private but show up in public via a Tesla. :D

HoodCheck 05-11-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 11172639)
My guess is it's because the Escalade sells well so they felt it was worth the R&D.

The Camaro flat out sells like poop.

Unfortunately, the 6th gen took the numbers away...its 4th gen v2 all over again, leading to another cancellation :| 5th gen numbers weren't the greatest either, but comparatively, they were quite a bit higher in sales, except perhaps the 2015s (which I'd bet was because people were waiting for the 6th gen at that point).