CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Moving to Colorado Springs...got a few questions. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578423)

Rhobz 07-10-2020 11:22 AM

Moving to Colorado Springs...got a few questions.

Hey everyone,

I am just starting the process of relocating to Colorado Springs from San Diego for work. I expect to move by the end of September at the latest and I have a few questions.

My Camaro registration is due now in CA but I am leary to pay $400+ just to have to pay again upon arriving in CO. The CO DMV website says that you have to register your vehicles within 90 days. Do you think I can get away with waiting a while to register? It is not my daily driver so will spend most of the time sitting in my garage but if I can hold off maybe 6 months or so once I get to CO, I won't feel like I am throwing away money here. I don't want to give CA ANY more money if I don't have to.

Also, the car is currently bone stock performance wise other than a throttle controller due to smog laws here in CA and me not wanting to deal with them. What are the smog laws like out there? I really just want to do the simple bolt ons: CAI, Throttle Body, maybe long tube headers, etc. What's it like out there?

Any other things you think I should know? I am committed to the move so I WILL be going but would appreciate any insight you all can provide.

grampa_ss 07-10-2020 11:49 AM

I can tell you one thing for sure....your car is going to feel slower. At 6000' you'll be about 1 second slower in the 1320.
Good news is: In El Paso County, emissions tests are required only for diesel vehicles. Mod away...

Rhobz 07-10-2020 12:19 PM

You just made my day!!!!!

7LitreC5 07-10-2020 07:49 PM

True about emissions testing. That went away years ago fortunately.

Forced induction works very well here and really helps replace the power that the altitude takes away. E-85 is easy to find if you are interested in that. I run my ZL1 on E-85.

You will have a VIN inspection done on your car before you can register it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhobz (Post 10826360)
Hey everyone,

I am just starting the process of relocating to Colorado Springs from San Diego for work. I expect to move by the end of September at the latest and I have a few questions.

My Camaro registration is due now in CA but I am leary to pay $400+ just to have to pay again upon arriving in CO. The CO DMV website says that you have to register your vehicles within 90 days. Do you think I can get away with waiting a while to register? It is not my daily driver so will spend most of the time sitting in my garage but if I can hold off maybe 6 months or so once I get to CO, I won't feel like I am throwing away money here. I don't want to give CA ANY more money if I don't have to.

Also, the car is currently bone stock performance wise other than a throttle controller due to smog laws here in CA and me not wanting to deal with them. What are the smog laws like out there? I really just want to do the simple bolt ons: CAI, Throttle Body, maybe long tube headers, etc. What's it like out there?

Any other things you think I should know? I am committed to the move so I WILL be going but would appreciate any insight you all can provide.

Exquadratus117 12-11-2021 09:59 PM

Lucky

You should be free and clear as it pertains to your question. I lived there for a while and there are some great shops there and in Denver. Please!!! Garage your car! The Hail there is awful! Congrats on the move!