CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Camaro A8 Transmission Problems (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564046)

Edgemere 10-22-2019 07:20 PM

Camaro A8 Transmission Problems

Greetings,

I am sure this question has been beaten to death, but I just got a new 2018 Hot Wheels convertible Camaro last year with the A8 Auto transmission and its sweet.

Now I am hearing about all the problems with the A8 transmission, law suits, GM not standing behind their product, tranny flushes, and new converters. Just shoot me.

I have 2,000 miles on a car driven on weekends in the summer months only and I haven't noticed any shutter or hard shifting yet. Can someone give me some clarity on all of this.

Thanks, Edgemere

HCI2000SS 10-22-2019 07:38 PM

If you do a search on here you'll see countless threads on the subject.

arpad_m 10-22-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 10645760)
If you do a search on here you'll see countless threads on the subject.

Indeed, but here's the gist: have your dealer perform TSB number 18-NA-355, aka Technical Service Bulletin "Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration Between 25 and 80 MPH (40 and 128 KM/H) at Steady Speed" on your car.

On a related note,:welcome: to the forums, don't forget to post some pics of your Hot Wheels Camaro and enjoy the ride :thumbup:

BlaqWhole 10-22-2019 09:24 PM

Not to mention this is the wrong section for this thread.

Anyway, the problem is not THAT prevalent or severe from what I have seen and heard or know from other SS owners.

Brudda*Termite 10-22-2019 10:15 PM

Being in a cooler climate seems to help. From what I've been told by GM reps, hot and humid climates seem to make the shudder a problem, the factory trans fluid absorbs fluid and starts eating the torque converter. In Minnesota, probably will be good

hotlap 10-23-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite (Post 10645843)
Being in a cooler climate seems to help. From what I've been told by GM reps, hot and humid climates seem to make the shudder a problem, the factory trans fluid absorbs fluid and starts eating the torque converter. In Minnesota, probably will be good

My 16 started to shudder after one year and 10,000 miles. I'm in Wisconsin and was coming out of a long winter. It literally shuddered the first time on the way home from Great Lakes Dragaway where I did five early spring passes.

Coincidental to the OP, I sold it and bought a 18 Hot Wheels 2SS with a M6 to get away from the A8.

I lost confidence after GM's 2017 new fluid fix didn't appear to solve the problem and I didn't want to go through the hassle of flush and TC replacement again.

grampa_ss 10-23-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite (Post 10645843)

This makes sense to me. I'm in Utah. pretty much zero humidity. I don't know anyone who's had the problem.