CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launching Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Line lock switch (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492732)

Cdflyer 04-25-2017 07:32 PM

Line lock switch

Anyone have any good locations to put a line lock switch. I'm having a hard time figuring where to mount the switch.....pics of the install will follow in the brake forum.

Chevy71 04-25-2017 08:03 PM

Are you setting up a return to off switch, or a constant on/constant off switch?

Cdflyer 04-25-2017 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On/off. Most likely on a push button though. Rockers are just too big and gaudy. I was thinking on the inside of the knee bolster, but it'll be plainly visible to the passenger. Maybe on the other side?

Like here.

Chevy71 04-25-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdflyer (Post 9693350)
On/off. Most likely on a push button though. Rockers are just too big and gaudy. I was thinking on the inside of the knee bolster, but it'll be plainly visible to the passenger. Maybe on the other side?

Like here.

Believe it or not, I have been thinking of this same thing. My idea is convert the hazards button to my line lock (clean th logo off) and put a small push button under my dash (not visible to anyone else) for my hazards.

Cdflyer 04-25-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy71 (Post 9693411)
Believe it or not, I have been thinking of this same thing. My idea is convert the hazards button to my line lock (clean th logo off) and put a small push button under my dash (not visible to anyone else) for my hazards.

I'd love to do that with the hazards as well, but I don't want to have to worry about my wife hitting it if she drives the car for some reason.

I really wish we had optional switches....that would make it a ton easier.

Turbo_RORO 04-25-2017 09:39 PM

Have you thought of putting it inside the center console next to the usb ports? That is where I'm going to put my switches for my nitrous setup.

Chevy71 04-25-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdflyer (Post 9693498)
I'd love to do that with the hazards as well, but I don't want to have to worry about my wife hitting it if she drives the car for some reason.

I really wish we had optional switches....that would make it a ton easier.

Haha, that's why Im taking the logo off. People in my car aren't familiar enough with the car to think of that button there by habit 99% of the time anyway. A hazard button is one you very rarely push (especially in a Chevy haha) so that's why I'm going with it. I need something easy to get to so I can kick it in and out while in the box, and not ugly out in front of everything and out of place.

I agree, I wish it came with som switches or a space for them at least lol

Brianw36 04-25-2017 09:56 PM

I've see this online. Has numerous switches concealed in the center console.

Cdflyer 04-25-2017 10:04 PM

While I like the switch panel, I can't have the center console open. Way too out of place and uncomfortable for me with the 6 speed

Richie Carbone 04-25-2017 10:33 PM

Use a push button momentary switch.

I had a Thunder Racing line lock kit on my 4th gen and it came with one, worked flawlessly.

Push the brake pedal to the floor and push the button.

Press the pedal to the floor again, let off and start your burnout.

Press the button to release the line lock, roll out and stage.

ULTRAZLS1 04-26-2017 12:43 AM

I didn't know they had a line lock made specifically for this car. What could I use ? I've been going to the strip a lot would like to get a line lock to ease the pain on my rear brakes...

Cdflyer 04-26-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 (Post 9693691)
I didn't know they had a line lock made specifically for this car. What could I use ? I've been going to the strip a lot would like to get a line lock to ease the pain on my rear brakes...

Nobody makes a kit for the car. I'm making my own. I'm just looking for ideas on where to mount the darn switch for it! I have a thread in the brakes/chassis section where I'll do the write up as I progress.

GreaseMonkey83 04-26-2017 07:04 AM

I've thought about this myself. I've noticed that I never use the left rev match paddle. If there was a way cut and re-route the wires to that paddle to a master on/off switch under the dash or in the glove box or something, that would be perfect.

Unlucky2005 04-27-2017 11:53 PM

So in other car there's a on-off-on switch for the horn. Up is line lock. Down is horn.