CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Boost Limit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540822)

DarkFangz1100 10-18-2018 12:05 PM

Boost Limit

What's everyone running on the stock turbo for boost limits?

Trying to really sit down with HP Tuners and learn the 2.0s limits / how to do things

cooper1965 10-19-2018 11:45 AM

Mines only turned up 1.5/2 @ 37.5 commanded. Factory is 35.44
You will start to loose power from the extra heat after 25/26psi. I know I did anyway, and you could see the difference in IAT's instantly.

whiskeyfed 10-22-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper1965 (Post 10341326)
Mines only turned up 1.5/2 @ 37.5 commanded. Factory is 35.44
You will start to loose power from the extra heat after 25/26psi. I know I did anyway, and you could see the difference in IAT's instantly.

Yep. I just looked at my logs from yesterday at the strip and saw 35.5 PSI. I am tuned.

ryansalazan24 10-22-2018 08:20 AM

Anyone with a 2017 model having trouble increasing boost and having it hold? I have an ats and its a 17 model and it just seems that I cant get it to hold the spike of 23psi any longer than like a second or two before falling down to about 20 or 19

raflyer 10-22-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 (Post 10343082)
Anyone with a 2017 model having trouble increasing boost and having it hold? I have an ats and its a 17 model and it just seems that I cant get it to hold the spike of 23psi any longer than like a second or two before falling down to about 20 or 19

Hey Ryan, Just ask Joe, he is your tuner. also beware, even though we have the same motor as the Camaro they think we don't know anything on here. I try to help but they are unwilling....

raflyer 10-22-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyfed (Post 10343005)
Yep. I just looked at my logs from yesterday at the strip and saw 35.5 PSI. I am tuned.

You do know thats not your actual boost right? Its that reading minus the baro pressure = your current boost. So on average the baro is usually around 14.4 so your actual boost would be 21.1psi Perfect for a typical daily driver.

Evil-Bee-NH 10-22-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raflyer (Post 10343114)
You do know thats not your actual boost right? Its that reading minus the baro pressure = your current boost. So on average the baro is usually around 14.4 so your actual boost would be 21.1psi Perfect for a typical daily driver.

It's stupid crap like that which makes us wish you'd go back to the caddy forum. He knows what the actual boost is he's trying to join coopers conversation without yet another know-it-all ATS guy chiming in about how awesome they are. So make like Tommy did and disappear if your gonna act like him.

cooper1965 10-22-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyfed (Post 10343005)

Awesome man!! I bet you can't stop smiling.
Your makin me wait like you did with the Sema grill aren't ya...:paddle: haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 (Post 10343082)

Its not just your ATS. Its Camaro's, Malibus, Regals, CTS, Equinox, Traverse, Terrain, ECT ECT.... They all have the same crappy, plastic, leaky valve... You sir need a Jason@JacFab valve. It will hold more boost longer because it does not leak like the factory valve does.

ryansalazan24 10-23-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raflyer (Post 10343112)
Hey Ryan, Just ask Joe, he is your tuner. also beware, even though we have the same motor as the Camaro they think we don't know anything on here. I try to help but they are unwilling....

Him and I are going through it together. And yes I know the jacfab valve will work better, but at the moment they are sold out so really nothing I can do there.

ryansalazan24 10-23-2018 08:15 AM

Its not just your ATS. Its Camaro's, Malibus, Regals, CTS, Equinox, Traverse, Terrain, ECT ECT.... They all have the same crappy, plastic, leaky valve... You sir need a Jason@JacFab valve. It will hold more boost longer because it does not leak like the factory valve does.

Ya I know this, but here are other ltg cars I've seen where they can hold or carry about 22psi to redline and I'm falling to about 18-19 no matter what is changed in the tune. I guess all plastic valves are not created equal. lol

dekes1 10-23-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10343831)
It's stupid crap like that which makes us wish you'd go back to the caddy forum. He knows what the actual boost is he's trying to join coopers conversation without yet another know-it-all ATS guy chiming in about how awesome they are. So make like Tommy did and disappear if your gonna act like him.

...and this is why this board has the reputation of a bunch of cocky kids and no one wants to offer assistance.

You say he knows what boost is, yet no one in any context would ever refer to boost as including atmospheric. it's just not done. Tell your tuner that you're running 35psi and he will absolutely assume you're either uneducated or you're running some monster drag turbo on a fully built bonkers motor.

And on a side note, that's the point of knowledge sharing - to help everyone use the correct vernacular and standards.

whiskeyfed 10-23-2018 10:49 AM

Welp... I was just saying what the delivered boost was on my HPT Scanner.

Also, no I didn't know that actual boost was that reading - barometric or whatever. Im a noob at this stuff. I didn't try to prove anyone wrong. Oh well...

cooper1965 10-23-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 (Post 10344097)
Ya I know this, but here are other ltg cars I've seen where they can hold or carry about 22psi to redline and I'm falling to about 18-19 no matter what is changed in the tune. I guess all plastic valves are not created equal. lol

Thats a good question on the valve. I wonder what wear and tear and all that heat does to the poor plastic over time also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyfed (Post 10344249)
Welp... I was just saying what the delivered boost was on my HPT Scanner.

Also, no I didn't know that actual boost was that reading - barometric or whatever. Im a noob at this stuff. I didn't try to prove anyone wrong. Oh well...

I think in HPT if you look just a couple columns down from that, you should see something like Intake manifold absolute pressure. Thats the number you want.

whiskeyfed 10-23-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper1965 (Post 10344294)
I think in HPT if you look just a couple columns down from that, you should see something like Intake manifold absolute pressure. Thats the number you want.

Thank you! That's all i needed haha :thumbsup: