CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Video: Stealth Lift Pads from ZL1 Addons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609713)

Badmojo 09-22-2022 05:45 PM

Video: Stealth Lift Pads from ZL1 Addons

I installed the new version of the ZL1 Addons lift points "Stealth Lift Points" on the "new to me" Camaro ZL1 1LE. These things are essential for any 6th Gen Camaro in my opinion. I like them better than the old version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmFUekbDQFQ

Allez 09-22-2022 06:15 PM

Nice video, thanks,

The only concern I have is whether tightening the set screws into the pinch weld could lead to an area where rust could form. Has anyone had that issue (with the old or new version)?

RayKinStL 09-22-2022 06:32 PM

My set of these (not the stealth, just the regular) came in yesterday. Will be a bit of a bitch to put them on since I don't have anything else to get the car higher off the ground, but we'll get it done.

22SS1LE 09-22-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayKinStL (Post 11232856)
My set of these (not the stealth, just the regular) came in yesterday. Will be a bit of a bitch to put them on since I don't have anything else to get the car higher off the ground, but we'll get it done.

oh it is a PITA. when i put mine on when I brought the car home. I was swearing at it cause its basically installing blind. to make things easier I should have put in place and used my jack to hold that pad while i set the screws. Holding it in place 1 arm and trying to fiddle with the other made it a bitch

Uk2019 09-22-2022 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had the same concerns about rust forming so coated the area the lift pad attaches to with underseal (to help prevent any galvanic corrosion between the aluminium pads and steel body) and made up a thin aluminium plate on the side with the set screws so that the screws themselves wouldn't damage the paint on the pinchweld but pressure would be applied. 2.5 years on they're still in situ and as tight as the day I attached them. I also used blie locktite on the screw threads

ZPirate 09-22-2022 08:00 PM

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I used my Race Ramps to get under the car. Fairly easy install when you can see what you are doing.

SS_Don 09-22-2022 08:52 PM

What's the difference between the stealth and the non-stealth? Is one better than the other?

ZPirate 09-22-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Don (Post 11232906)
What's the difference between the stealth and the non-stealth? Is one better than the other?

The stealth version is smaller and lighter and I understand doesn't stick down as far

Allez 09-23-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uk2019 (Post 11232861)
I had the same concerns about rust forming so coated the area the lift pad attaches to with underseal (to help prevent any galvanic corrosion between the aluminium pads and steel body) and made up a thin aluminium plate on the side with the set screws so that the screws themselves wouldn't damage the paint on the pinchweld but pressure would be applied. 2.5 years on they're still in situ and as tight as the day I attached them. I also used blie locktite on the screw threads

Neat solution. Has me thinking . . .

SS_Don 09-23-2022 01:51 PM

Ordered a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostalLDMC 09-23-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uk2019 (Post 11232861)

Just a question?? on the rear why you didn't just lift the car on where the bolts tie the cross steel together. isn't that spot stronger than the rear pinch weld spots.:noidea:

Uk2019 09-23-2022 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PostalLDMC (Post 11233264)
Just a question?? on the rear why you didn't just lift the car on where the bolts tie the cross steel together. isn't that spot stronger than the rear pinch weld spots.:noidea:

If I'm just using a jack (i.e. Not getting under the car) I use the lift pad. If I'm jacking the car up and putting it on jack stands, I jack it up on the bolts that hold the bracing to the pinch welds and put the stands under the lift pads. Since the lift pads protrude lower than the bolts there's less chance of contacting the rocker with the jack than using the bolts.

L2SS455 09-23-2022 03:55 PM

Give the guys at Jiffy Lube $20 bucks and showed them where to put them on since they have that pit right under the car.

RayKinStL 09-23-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L2SS455 (Post 11233305)
Give the guys at Jiffy Lube $20 bucks and showed them where to put them on since they have that pit right under the car.

I wish they'd let me just rent that pit for 20 minutes. Even after I have the lift pads on, I think installing this skip shift eliminator is still going to be a huge pain in the ass. I wish I just had access to some sort of lift or similar set up for that install.