CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   A8 Shaking and Vibration Issues (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470624)

tomcamaro1 11-01-2019 05:24 PM

clunk..does anyone know what i'm talking about in previous message

:noidea:

Emoto 11-01-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcamaro1 (Post 10647750)
Just did the flush on my 2017 v6 rs a couple of days ago and it seems to be o.k...but, i still have a "clunking"sound when the car down shifts between 3rd and first..anyone know what this is??,,and for the people who are having their dealership refuse to change the fluid because they can't replicate the issue go back a few post and print out the tsb 18-na-355 it states clearly that all that is needed is a customer complaint, they are not required to duplicate the problem. I'm from canada and the fluid part # up here is 19418066, does anyone know if this is the same mobile 1 fluid they are using in the U.S. ?:noidea:

The hard shifting or clunk is on a different TSB. 355 is for the shuddering.

arpad_m 11-01-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcamaro1 (Post 10647750)
Just did the flush on my 2017 v6 rs a couple of days ago and it seems to be o.k...but, i still have a "clunking"sound when the car down shifts between 3rd and first..anyone know what this is??,,and for the people who are having their dealership refuse to change the fluid because they can't replicate the issue go back a few post and print out the tsb 18-na-355 it states clearly that all that is needed is a customer complaint, they are not required to duplicate the problem. I'm from canada and the fluid part # up here is 19418066, does anyone know if this is the same mobile 1 fluid they are using in the U.S. ?:noidea:

I had the 8L45, too, and it did exhibit a perceptible clunk on the 3->1 shift, but only on an incline, almost never on a flat road.

The same downshift is buttery smooth on the 8L90 I run now, which makes me think this is likely a tune issue, as the lurchy downshifts in my previous trans weren't at any significant power. (My trans is tuned, but this was just the same when stock.)

18-NA-355 is for a completely different problem, so this TSB won't help you. I would ask the dealership to put the trans into relearn mode and see if it goes away and comes back again, which would point even stronger to a tune issue.

vidkidZ 11-16-2019 04:56 PM

Repeated flushing with the old fluid on my 2016 2SS in January @32k miles lasted about 10 months @45k miles. In October, the 1st flush of the new fluid failed and the shudder came back much worse.

The dealer flushed it a 2nd time with the new fluid and the problem is improved. At this time, I don't think the problem is completely resolved as it feels like there is a slight underlying vibration/wobble at highway speeds.

hyperblue6 02-14-2020 08:54 AM

If you have a car that’s out of warranty, like I do. You have to pay for the flush out of your own pocket? Even though Chevy knows that this is a factory issue. 2016 A8 2SS second owner. I’m sure it’s the reason why the first owner dumped the car. Has anyone experienced any shudder issue after getting the latest TSB 28-NA-355 done?

Hyper16 02-14-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperblue6 (Post 10723977)
If you have a car that’s out of warranty, like I do. You have to pay for the flush out of your own pocket? Even though Chevy knows that this is a factory issue. 2016 A8 2SS second owner. I’m sure it’s the reason why the first owner dumped the car. Has anyone experienced any shudder issue after getting the latest TSB 28-NA-355 done?

Mine has been good so far. Had it done about 2000 miles ago. Not sure about the payment thing, I was still under warranty.

indyz 02-14-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Isn't power train warranty 5 yrs 60k miles?

hyperblue6 02-14-2020 02:03 PM

Are warranty’s transferable to the second owner?

arpad_m 02-14-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

This is a powertrain issue, covered for 5 years or 60,000 miles. If you have a higher mileage, that's a problem, I think in this case you will need to pay for the flush and, if it doesn't help because the torque converter is already damaged past the point of no return, for TC replacement. Yes, it sucks that GM kept punting this and you may have run out of warranty in the meantime.

I haven't heard of any single case when the flush with the new Jan 2019 fluid + potential TC replacement wouldn't resolve the issue.

If I were you, I'd bite the bullet and tell the dealership to fix it no matter what, you will lose more by getting rid of the car and buying another Camaro or something else.

arpad_m 02-15-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperblue6 (Post 10724269)
Are warranty’s transferable to the second owner?

Manufacturer warranties are on the car, not the owner (so yes, you have whatever is left of each original warranty coverage item).

MISTAPOWA 02-21-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10652740)
I had the 8L45, too, and it did exhibit a perceptible clunk on the 3->1 shift, but only on an incline, almost never on a flat road.

I had the same clunk in my 8L45. It started after the shudder got worse and went away after this latest flush. I don't believe it's a actual shift clunk but possibly the torque converter unlocking coming to a stop due to damage from the shudder.

arpad_m 02-21-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISTAPOWA (Post 10729723)
I had the same clunk in my 8L45. It started after the shudder got worse and went away after this latest flush. I don't believe it's a actual shift clunk but possibly the torque converter unlocking coming to a stop due to damage from the shudder.

Makes sense, especially since it wasn't consistent. That car is gone anyway, the 8L90 in my SS is stout and shifts even better since it got tuned. AFM is disabled in the tune. Finally, the trans is on the latest fluid.

Desperate times requiring desperate measures, heh :smiling1:, but honestly, while these extremes should never have been necessary, I can't complain about trans performance.
Oh, and :welcome: to the forums :happy0180:

JoeCamaro444 04-13-2020 01:29 AM

Well, I was being very optimistic in hoping this didn’t happen, but it has. The shudder has come back. My 2017 SS had the issue start approximately one year and 3300 miles after new purchase. Had the flush done in September of 2018. It was great until yesterday. Shudder is back a year and a half later and after only another 1600 miles. I will be bringing it in ASAP with approximately 4900 miles for the next step. My question is: What exactly is the next step? Is it another flush? Is it a converter replacement? Converter and tranny replacement? Any good info would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I’m not worried, it is under warranty and I’m keeping this car forever. That’s why it is my weekend toy in the nice weather. I’m just looking for good information from people here that have been through what I’m about to go through.

Emoto 04-13-2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 (Post 10765758)
Well, I was being very optimistic in hoping this didn’t happen, but it has. The shudder has come back. My 2017 SS had the issue start approximately one year and 3300 miles after new purchase. Had the flush done in September of 2018. It was great until yesterday. Shudder is back a year and a half later and after only another 1600 miles. I will be bringing it in ASAP with approximately 4900 miles for the next step. My question is: What exactly is the next step? Is it another flush? Is it a converter replacement? Converter and tranny replacement? Any good info would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I’m not worried, it is under warranty and I’m keeping this car forever. That’s why it is my weekend toy in the nice weather. I’m just looking for good information from people here that have been through what I’m about to go through.

You're in luck. The flush they were doing in 9/18 was with the old fluid, and it was found to be ineffective. The TSB (18-NA-355 is) was updated after that to use a new and different fluid. So, have them follow the new revision and you should be all set.