CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   A8 Shaking and Vibration Issues (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470624)

indyz 04-13-2019 10:11 AM

Join the class action lawsuit

SSport16 04-13-2019 10:20 AM

You can thank the $hithole CAFE garbage for these A8 issues as well, if it weren't for being forced to add AFM, these issues most likely would not even exist!

T32803 04-13-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyz (Post 10489394)
Join the class action lawsuit

I called the Law Firm in South Florida bringing the class action
but it was too late to join since they filed in Dec 2018.

They took my name and number in case they are allowed to add
me later on in the process. I'm not sure it's even worth it since
lawyers find ways to take all the money using fees and expenses.

I would prefer GM just fix the problem using parts that work but
I know that is unlikely to happen.

T32803 04-13-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 10489405)
You can thank the $hithole CAFE garbage for these A8 issues as well, if it weren't for being forced to add AFM, these issues most likely would not even exist!

I think the 2.0T and V6 meet CAFE requirements just fine without the AFM.
I read the target is 22 MPG and the V6 can do 25 easy without the AFM.
The V8's probably need the AFM to avoid the gas guzzler tax. I could be
wrong though..

SSport16 04-14-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T32803 (Post 10489426)
I think the 2.0T and V6 meet CAFE requirements just fine without the AFM.
I read the target is 22 MPG and the V6 can do 25 easy without the AFM.
The V8's probably need the AFM to avoid the gas guzzler tax. I could be
wrong though..

It is usually spread across a number of engines/vehicles since CAFE is an average across the board for all of GM as a company, basically a work around to be able to still builds high HP V8's...so the 2.0T uses it to help across the board. Same is true of pickups, why they can still build them. It is all a crock of $hit.

T32803 04-14-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 10490169)
It is usually spread across a number of engines/vehicles since CAFE is an average across the board for all of GM as a company, basically a work around to be able to still builds high HP V8's...so the 2.0T uses it to help across the board. Same is true of pickups, why they can still build them. It is all a crock of $hit.

If they needed it for CAFE then fine. But why the fauk didn't GM give us
an off button accessible within the infotainment screen settings??

GM could have labeled it as "diagnostic mode" to hide it from the emissions police.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/78/787a...21cb51e1f4.jpg

indyz 04-26-2019 11:24 AM

Have Rear diff groan, took it in. Also had hints of shudder, once in a while.

"We have to replace it (differential), will take 3 weeks to get the parts, come get your car. Will take 3-4 days to replace it. We cannot do the A8 transmission fluid flush right now since you need the rear diff replaced."

Has anyone had their rear diff replaced? Jeez, I thought it was a simple fluid change.

Azerlazer26 04-26-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyz (Post 10502135)
Have Rear diff groan, took it in. Also had hints of shudder, once in a while.

"We have to replace it (differential), will take 3 weeks to get the parts, come get your car. Will take 3-4 days to replace it. We cannot do the A8 transmission fluid flush right now since you need the rear diff replaced."

Has anyone had their rear diff replaced? Jeez, I thought it was a simple fluid change.

When I took my Camaro for the groan, they told me they were going to do the flush. Thankfully it fixed the problem! My service advisor told me the only time they would need to swap the diff would be if the groan doesn’t go away after 3-4 flush/fluid swaps. Never heard of a dealer jumping into the replacement right away.

indyz 04-26-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 (Post 10502227)
When I took my Camaro for the groan, they told me they were going to do the flush. Thankfully it fixed the problem! My service advisor told me the only time they would need to swap the diff would be if the groan doesn’t go away after 3-4 flush/fluid swaps. Never heard of a dealer jumping into the replacement right away.

I thought it was weird. The techs had the car for about 4 hours before they decided to replace the diff. Must be backed up or something. That is a long diagnostic procedure, otherwise.

Azerlazer26 04-26-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyz (Post 10502243)
I thought it was weird. The techs had the car for about 4 hours before they decided to replace the diff. Must be backed up or something. That is a long diagnostic procedure, otherwise.

My dealer had my car for 15 minuets before calling me to say that it’ll be a couple hours till the cars back on the road! Call your dealer and ask why the diff is getting replaced.

indyz 04-26-2019 07:43 PM

According to the service advisor, "its (the diff) destroyed". Jeez. I don't know how that's possible. Total mileage is ~17000 (I put 10k on it in the year I've owned it) .

Azerlazer26 04-26-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyz (Post 10502582)
According to the service advisor, "its (the diff) destroyed". Jeez. I don't know how that's possible. Total mileage is ~17000 (I put 10k on it in the year I've owned it) .

Weird, did your service advisor send pictures? Curious to see what broke.

indyz 04-26-2019 07:48 PM

No pics. I didn't think to ask. I'm not too mechanically inclined. He did say it's one of many he has seen. Some have lasted for less mileage than mine, according to him.

This is all very concerning. 5yr 60k is an important milestone

Zosozeppelin 04-30-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T32803 (Post 10489387)
I am raw with GM not you because I spent good money and the A8 is crap.
For 38,000 I got a loaded V6 with RS, Lighting, Nav, etc. It was the cheapest
sporty looking loaded car I could find and it would be a great car if the A8
wasn't such a piece of shit. They should have put in a dual clutch AT and
added 1000 to 1500 to the price. I can't believe the Corvette owners aren't
screaming for a dual clutch AT.

Yep, I essentially feel the same way as you. I enjoy driving my car...When it's not shuddering! It's ridiculous that our cars are nearly 40k and shake like we're driving on rumble strips constantly. I'm having to try again for mine at the dealer. It didn't read up to GM's standards for the picometer, even though it's shaking like a mofo. The dealer told me it's definitely there, but it's been taking two to three attempts for some people to catch it reading bad enough for GM to approve the new flush. It's a bunch of crap. Had I known this would have happened, I'd have most likely gotten a used 392 Charger or a used 2014-2015 5th gen SS. I worked my butt off to get two college degrees and my motivation the whole time was wanting to be able to afford a new Camaro. It's a beautiful car...But an extremely frustrating car.