CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Power window roll UP with remote (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584393)

Petrol Head 11-11-2020 11:42 AM

Power window roll UP with remote

When the 6th gen Camaro first hit the streets back in 2016, I remember seeing a video of someone who had done extensive software mangling to be able to use the remote to roll the windows up as well as down. As the car comes from the factory, you can only roll them down. Does anyone know of, remember, or have a source to that video or any other means of enabling window roll up with the remote? Other car companies do have that capability, and for some cars there are aftermarket modules you can install attaching to the factory door lock circuitry that will give you remote window operation. Just wondering who else knows about this.

GTPprix 11-15-2020 12:41 PM

5th gen actually but still applies to 6th gen ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62sRysajyuM

Petrol Head 11-15-2020 01:09 PM

Yes! How do I do this? Do I need to buy a module or any other components? I have a 2019 2SS 6 speed.

Also, I’d like to activate remote control for the moonroof as well. Or at least make the one touch auto-close active (it comes with the two detent switch but only opens via one-touch from the factory - you have to hold it to close it)

Thanks!

Matt1LE 01-03-2021 09:20 PM

I think they got ride of that option. My 2020 does not do it.

Petrol Head 01-03-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt1LE (Post 10930300)

Go into your vehicle operations menu. There’s an option to turn it on or off.

NYblack1le 01-03-2021 10:02 PM

I’m pretty sure we can only roll them down. If I remember it was the same thing in my 5th gen as well. This might be a mod

Msquared 01-03-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYblack1le (Post 10930318)
I’m pretty sure we can only roll them down.

I'm sure that's what Matt1LE meant. That's been my experience as well: I can remotely roll them down, but not up. First world problems, annoying.

arpad_m 01-03-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msquared (Post 10930319)
I'm sure that's what Matt1LE meant. That's been my experience as well: I can remotely roll them down, but not up. First world problems, annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10900900)
When the 6th gen Camaro first hit the streets back in 2016, I remember seeing a video of someone who had done extensive software mangling to be able to use the remote to roll the windows up as well as down. As the car comes from the factory, you can only roll them down. Does anyone know of, remember, or have a source to that video or any other means of enabling window roll up with the remote? Other car companies do have that capability, and for some cars there are aftermarket modules you can install attaching to the factory door lock circuitry that will give you remote window operation. Just wondering who else knows about this.

Chris (GTPprix) can reprogram the BCM and toggle the flag to enable rolling the windows up as well, not just down. This means custom programming, of course, not something GM would acknowledge. See his site at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com.

I think it must have been disabled for safety/liability reasons in the first place, to avoid lawsuits due to pinched fingers or crushed valuables. That said, the window motor should have a safety stop... maybe it isn't sensitive enough for finer objects, I don't know.

UnknownJinX 01-03-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10930329)
I think it must have been disabled for safety/liability reasons in the first place, to avoid lawsuits due to pinched fingers or crushed valuables. That said, the window motor should have a safety stop... maybe it isn't sensitive enough for finer objects, I don't know.

Yeah, none of the cars I know can do roll up the windows remotely. On some cars, you could just use the keyhole to roll up the windows(turn, release, turn again and hold), but on the 6th Gen, the keyhole is hidden so it's not very useful.

It's definitely a mod to have the windows remotely roll up.

Petrol Head 01-04-2021 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt1LE (Post 10930300)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10930329)
Chris (GTPprix) can reprogram the BCM and toggle the flag to enable rolling the windows up as well, not just down. This means custom programming, of course, not something GM would acknowledge. See his site at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 10930348)
Yeah, none of the cars I know can do roll up the windows remotely. On some cars, you could just use the keyhole to roll up the windows(turn, release, turn again and hold), but on the 6th Gen, the keyhole is hidden so it's not very useful.

It's definitely a mod to have the windows remotely roll up.

With BMW’s Comfort Access you can roll the windows up by pressing the access button on the door that locks/unlocks the car and hold the button down and it will roll the windows up. I’m sure the GM engineers could have done that easily with the Camaro’s door button.

Plasar 01-04-2021 07:41 PM

TopDownTech Window Valet 200 thru Gen5 Camaro...

GTPprix 01-04-2021 09:44 PM

Well the programming definitely works on Gen 6 LOL

Mike Pfeifer 01-09-2021 08:20 AM

Not sure about the Camaro, but I imagine it’s more than likely for the same reasons BMW doesn’t do it: anti-trap is deactivated when convenience closing and doing via remote can lead to injury or damage. Esp if you accidentally trigger it while the key is in your pocket and not near the car to stop it. That’s why it does work if you are at the vehicle (key physically in lock tumbler on door or via comfort access handle or remote button)

Petrol Head 01-09-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 10931005)
Well the programming definitely works on Gen 6 LOL

How can we go about getting this done? You’re in Detroit, not far from Cleveland. Can I drive to your shop? Also, can you enable one-touch close on the moonroof? The switch has the double-detent for the close position but one-touch only works to open it. I never understood that :confused: :crazy: