CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Stock LT4 Pulley (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548048)

Bryanh24 02-12-2019 07:31 PM

Stock LT4 Pulley

If you guys know of anyone/if you are selling a stock LT4 upper pulley please let me know. I also posted in the marketplace section but also thought it would help out to post in here too. Thanks!

BMWM.D. 02-12-2019 07:38 PM

They get distorted fairly easily when removing them, so I’m not sure how much luck you’ll have.

2out2sea 02-12-2019 08:28 PM

You can use the 2.5 griptec. That's the stock size I believe.

Can'tHave2MuchHP 02-12-2019 08:31 PM

Can’t really take a stock pulley off without destroying it as said. As said above you can get any 2.5” pulley and Griptec is certainly a great option.

Bryanh24 02-12-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 10435741)
Can’t really take a stock pulley off without destroying it as said. As said above you can get any 2.5” pulley and Griptec is certainly a great option.

Even with the stock tune itll work?

Alain 02-12-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanh24 (Post 10435743)
Even with the stock tune itll work?

yes, it will work with the stock tune.

it's the same diameter as the stock LT4 pulley

Bryanh24 02-12-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alain (Post 10435756)
yes, it will work with the stock tune.

it's the same diameter as the stock LT4 pulley

Who has a 2.5 pulley that looks very similar to the stock one? Griptec looks aftermarket IMO

Zigg L1 02-12-2019 09:18 PM

Sounds like you might be having some engine/ supercharger issues and need to replace for warranty work?

Alain 02-12-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanh24 (Post 10435775)
Who has a 2.5 pulley that looks very similar to the stock one? Griptec looks aftermarket IMO

That's gonna be hard to find since all aftermarket companies want put their brand's name on their products.

How did yours get damaged? I'm assuming if it was something your warranty would cover you would have gone that route already.

I was going to suggest getting a stock one but after checking, it looks like GM doesn't offer just the pulley. You'd have to replace the entire blower.

Bryanh24 02-12-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alain (Post 10435787)
That's gonna be hard to find since all aftermarket companies want put their brand's name on their products.

How did yours get damaged? I'm assuming if it was something your warranty would cover you would have gone that route already.

I was going to suggest getting a stock one but after checking, it looks like GM doesn't offer just the pulley. You'd have to replace the entire blower.

Shipped car to shop.. already a mistake, asked for stock parts and never gave them to me. Car is all messed up with the griptec that is on there now. Leaking oil, knock sensor codes, just want to put it back to stock before the engine blows. Been asking the shop countless times for parts and they told me they would ship them but never did. Do NOT take your car to Fast Lane Performance in Georgia!!! Sent me the car messed up and claimed it was fine when they sent it to me, not the case. That’s the story!

Can'tHave2MuchHP 02-13-2019 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanh24 (Post 10435848)
Shipped car to shop.. already a mistake, asked for stock parts and never gave them to me. Car is all messed up with the griptec that is on there now. Leaking oil, knock sensor codes, just want to put it back to stock before the engine blows. Been asking the shop countless times for parts and they told me they would ship them but never did. Do NOT take your car to Fast Lane Performance in Georgia!!! Sent me the car messed up and claimed it was fine when they sent it to me, not the case. That’s the story!

Oh no. I hate these horror stories. Should have gone to Vengeance Racing. I remember your previous thread now. Good luck in getting this resolved.

GA SS 02-13-2019 06:34 AM

[QUOTE=Bryanh24;10435848 Been asking the shop countless times for parts and they told me they would ship them but never did. Do NOT take your car to Fast Lane Performance in Georgia!!! Sent me the car messed up and claimed it was fine when they sent it to me, not the case./QUOTE]

Was that shop in the Hickory Springs Industrial park In Holly Springs Georgia? It looks like from the street that business is closed. No signage left, the gate is open going behind the building, and the older cars are all gone.

Bryanh24 02-13-2019 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=GA SS;10435934]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanh24;10435848 Been asking the shop countless times for parts and they told me they would ship them but never did. Do NOT take your car to Fast Lane Performance in Georgia!!! Sent me the car messed up and claimed it was fine when they sent it to me, not the case./QUOTE

Was that shop in the Hickory Springs Industrial park In Holly Springs Georgia? It looks like from the street that business is closed. No signage left, the gate is open going behind the building, and the older cars are all gone.

Yes that’s them. Apparently they are moving to a new shop but not sure... don’t wanna stress about getting the parts that they probably lost back, hence me asking all over the place for a pulley

Bryanh24 02-13-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 10435877)
Oh no. I hate these horror stories. Should have gone to Vengeance Racing. I remember your previous thread now. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Thank you man, really sucky situation as I can’t even drive the damn thing now.