CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dumb Questions Sticky (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571000)

foshjowler 02-28-2020 09:13 AM

Dumb Questions Sticky

Can we get a Dumb/Stupid Q's thread in the 6th Gen general forum? I've seen it used on a couple of different forums/subreddits to success. It should cut down on multiple threads asking the same questions and is a good place to ask small questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Overflow 02-28-2020 09:22 AM

In reference to what? Mods? General questions from the manual?

foshjowler 02-28-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 10734659)
In reference to what? Mods? General questions from the manual?

I don't think it needs to be pointed in any direction, just any questions people may have. Like what all does sport mode change, or what tires should I get, or Bluetooth stopped working how can I fix it. Just somewhere for people to go who have a simple question, but haven't been able to find it elsewhere.

Vegas Bound 02-28-2020 12:20 PM

Q1: Do we need this thread?

lgarrison34 02-28-2020 12:21 PM

The search function

foshjowler 02-28-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas Bound (Post 10734776)
Q1: Do we need this thread?

On the other forums I've been on, it's one of the most used threads. The idea is that it cuts down on the threads with only a couple replies. and things that get asked constantly. Some don't mind answering these questions, and those who don't want to see them, never have to open the thread. Everywhere I've seen it, it works out pretty well.

foshjowler 02-28-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgarrison34 (Post 10734777)
The search function

Lol, if only it was actually used by everyone. If you don't want to see it, don't open the thread.

Overflow 02-28-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foshjowler (Post 10734775)
I don't think it needs to be pointed in any direction, just any questions people may have. Like what all does sport mode change, or what tires should I get, or Bluetooth stopped working how can I fix it. Just somewhere for people to go who have a simple question, but haven't been able to find it elsewhere.

The only thing is, all those questions have been posted before.

I'll admit it, the search function on this forum isn't the best. Using Google is much easier.

LsxDoctor 02-28-2020 01:35 PM

"Hey guys just got a 2010 ss what cam do I get? What exhaust is the best? What intake do I get? Also want go twin turbo with 1200 hp what all do I need?"
These questions are so irritating and I'm sure it's not just me. "What should I get" would be a good sticky but doubt the people asking these questions would post in there lol

Mr_Draco 02-28-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foshjowler (Post 10734783)
Lol, if only it was actually used by everyone.

And the same will go with such a thread.

Go to any sub section and you will see several questions asked multiple times regardless of there being 4-5 identical threads asking the exact same question earlier that day.

I visit several other forums that have an FAQ section. Even so, on a daily basis there are still dozens of threads started asking questions that are covered in the FAQ. The fact is the majority of people will rather create a new thread asking their question than look and see if it has already been answered.

Having such a thread or section doesn't really change anything. It just makes it easier to reply to someones question. Instead of having to type out a reply, you just have to to copy/paste the FAQ's url and post it.

BLU DUCE 02-28-2020 06:13 PM

BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 10734968)
And the same will go with such a thread.

Go to any sub section and you will see several questions asked multiple times regardless of there being 4-5 identical threads asking the exact same question earlier that day.

I visit several other forums that have an FAQ section. Even so, on a daily basis there are still dozens of threads started asking questions that are covered in the FAQ. The fact is the majority of people will rather create a new thread asking their question than look and see if it has already been answered.

Having such a thread or section doesn't really change anything. It just makes it easier to reply to someones question. Instead of having to type out a reply, you just have to to copy/paste the FAQ's url and post it.

+1:respekt: