CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Roll Bar - Anyone make one? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509042)

FdeleonZ28 06-19-2018 09:31 AM

no problem! Yea he hasn't responded to my second email either, sent me one about where they stand but hasn't got back to me on my reply since last week:noidea:

TLSTWIN 07-11-2018 09:04 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::pop2::pop2:

driven2exceSS 07-11-2018 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 10246779)
:popcorn::popcorn::pop2::pop2:

Gave up.... went custom bolt in. Similar to the blue vert in post #16. The rollbar should be heading to the power coater tomorrow! Pic is of it only tact welded. When I left he was finishing the welds, adding some gussets, and then off she goes to get pretty... I expect it will be plenty good enough to get me on more tracks for HPDE events. If anyone has any negative comments, please back it up with details of what should be done different to better anyone else choosing or having to go this route. :respekt:

TLSTWIN 07-12-2018 12:47 PM

it looks nice, but I push my car hard. I would need to make sure it would keep me safe if something tragic happens. I don't like a false sense of security. I don't want to just "look the part" . Please keep this thread updated if you find out for sure it is "legit". I like the fact this one simply bolts in and out, nothing permanent. I guess I want the best of both worlds. Stock when not tracking, security/safety on the track.:popcorn:

What is it actually bolting to? Is it frame points?

FdeleonZ28 07-17-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driven2exceSS (Post 10246892)
Gave up.... went custom bolt in. Similar to the blue vert in post #16. The rollbar should be heading to the power coater tomorrow! Pic is of it only tact welded. When I left he was finishing the welds, adding some gussets, and then off she goes to get pretty... I expect it will be plenty good enough to get me on more tracks for HPDE events. If anyone has any negative comments, please back it up with details of what should be done different to better anyone else choosing or having to go this route. :respekt:

niice set up! in for pics with PC and installed! I was talking to a local shop about a roll bar like the one I posted and pricing was actually not bad but a lot of the classes I like to race in require full interior so I'm hopping RPMs version doesn't require to remove the rear seats.

driven2exceSS 07-17-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FdeleonZ28 (Post 10253124)
niice set up! in for pics with PC and installed! I was talking to a local shop about a roll bar like the one I posted and pricing was actually not bad but a lot of the classes I like to race in require full interior so I'm hopping RPMs version doesn't require to remove the rear seats.

Just waiting for the call to pick it up! Will def post pic when I do. Any word from Rob on the RPM's status??

FdeleonZ28 07-18-2018 11:31 AM

just emailed them yesterday! no response yet

driven2exceSS 07-26-2018 04:15 PM

6 Attachment(s)
She's installed finally!! It's go time!! :fighting0030:

TLSTWIN 07-26-2018 04:22 PM

Looks great.:thumbup:

Keep us informed on approval and acceptance at facilities where you go.:thumbsup:

driven2exceSS 07-26-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 10263248)
Looks great.:thumbup:

Keep us informed on approval and acceptance at facilities where you go.:thumbsup:

Will do. :thumbsup:

mspeed1LE 07-26-2018 10:31 PM

3 bolts! Looks good to me! Backing plates?

mbnwa 08-14-2018 01:11 PM

Hello all,

Just wanted to take a quick second and post that my car will be going to RPM Roll Bar on Monday, September 20th. They will be installing a 6pt Roll Bar (color matched), RPM harness kit, Seat belt mounting kit, Seat back rest as well as a color matched firewall. As the installation progresses they will send me photos of the installation and I will post in this thread.

TLSTWIN 08-14-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbnwa (Post 10282284)
Hello all,

Just wanted to take a quick second and post that my car will be going to RPM Roll Bar on Monday, September 20th. They will be installing a 6pt Roll Bar (color matched), RPM harness kit, Seat belt mounting kit, Seat back rest as well as a color matched firewall. As the installation progresses they will send me photos of the installation and I will post in this thread.

looking forward to seeing the progression.

Is this a permanent bar or removable one?

mbnwa 08-14-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 10282371)
looking forward to seeing the progseeion.

Is this a permanent bar or removable one?

It will be removable, however from what I understand it's not something you would want to do like every week. In addition from what I understand the 5/6pt are bolt in while the 8pt will be welded into place, so my assumption would be the 8pt will not be removable while the 5 / 6pt will be removable.

In addition from my discussions the 5/6pt will allow the back seat to stay in place and not have to be removed after installation.