CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Rear quarter window movement? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406922)

savage99ss 05-04-2015 07:45 AM

Rear quarter window movement?

By looking at the quarter window leak, is it plausable the rear quarter window might roll down? Looks as though the window joint on the door glass and quarter glass has a divider on the outside. Cars are still riding around with quarter padding.

DenverTaco07 05-04-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage99ss (Post 8400338)
By looking at the quarter window leak, is it plausable the rear quarter window might roll down? Looks as though the window joint on the door glass and quarter glass has a divider on the outside. Cars are still riding around with quarter padding.

I hope it doesn't - i mean it would probably be pretty useless and just add more weight and stuff to break.

I'm going with no.

it is weird with the padding, considering other prototypes have taken it off long time ago...maybe they are lazy and or cheap?

HuJass 05-04-2015 09:24 AM

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a true hardtop.

HDRDTD 05-04-2015 09:48 AM

Well, the rear quarter window on the convertibles roll down, why not do it on the coupe?

Make it the same on all the models?

i2disturbedSS 05-04-2015 09:55 AM

The 5th gen concept had the back windows rolled down. Maybe just testing, or maybe they are trying to throw you off and its really nothing, or maybe aliens.

Number 3 05-04-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8400581)
Well, the rear quarter window on the convertibles roll down, why not do it on the coupe?

Make it the same on all the models?

Roof strength performance really wants a b-pillar. Convertibles are exempt. Plus the complexity is worth it on a convertible. Imagine how bad the Gen5 convertible would look if there was NO quarter window and it was just top in its place.

HDRDTD 05-04-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 8400759)
Roof strength performance really wants a b-pillar. Convertibles are exempt. Plus the complexity is worth it on a convertible. Imagine how bad the Gen5 convertible would look if there was NO quarter window and it was just top in its place.

Ok, but the B-pillar would remain on the coupe. I wasn't suggesting getting rid of it, just use the same window mechanism used on the vert to have the quarter windows on the coupe roll down as well.

HuJass 05-04-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8400783)
Ok, but the B-pillar would remain on the coupe. I wasn't suggesting getting rid of it, just use the same window mechanism used on the vert to have the quarter windows on the coupe roll down as well.

Oh, so what you're saying is that all 4 windows would roll down but the B-pillar would remain fixed.
That would look weird. It would negate the whole idea of having a hardtop.

It would make the car look like a '68-'72 Nova.

I even found a pic of a Nova with it's quarter window rolled down but not the driver's window.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...2ChevyNova.jpg

Nope, not a good look.

Camaro Lives On 05-04-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8400783)

I may be one of the few that likes where hes coming from with this idea but I do see an issue with it. The size of the b pillar would would make the section of openable window extremely small. Which is probably one of the main reasons for this not being a viable option. Even with the quarter window being a little bigger on the new car I still dont think it would work.

Thor142 05-04-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuJass (Post 8400862)
Oh, so what you're saying is that all 4 windows would roll down but the B-pillar would remain fixed.
That would look weird. It would negate the whole idea of having a hardtop.

It would make the car look like a '68-'72 Nova.

I even found a pic of a Nova with it's quarter window rolled down but not the driver's window.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...2ChevyNova.jpg

Nope, not a good look.

Was the Nova a muscle car or a pony car? :sm0:

Clearly_Canadian 05-04-2015 01:24 PM

Rear window would hit the filler neck on the passanger side. It is in front of the rear wheel well now.

MikeT 05-04-2015 02:12 PM

It'd be cool if it did roll down, but I'll be shocked if it does.

HDRDTD 05-04-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian (Post 8401030)
Rear window would hit the filler neck on the passanger side. It is in front of the rear wheel well now.

In that case, what do you think they'll do for the convertible?

I'll bet that it wouldn't get in the way, they'd figure some way to make it happen.

90503 05-04-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor142 (Post 8400987)
Was the Nova a muscle car or a pony car? :sm0:

...not a Pony-Car...(Nova is Chevy's Compact offering)....with optional large V-8 engine, a muscle car for sure....